Hard Candy Ginormous Lash Volumizing Mascara - Stash

on 3/6/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

[Purchased: 1]

PROS:
- no clumping at ALL!
- goes on super smooth

CONS:
-it does nothing for my lashes
- no lengthening / no volume

on 2/28/2015 8:42:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff. I have it in the black shade. I forget what it's called but I think you get the idea. The price on this stuff is amazing. When I got it, it was about $7 I think. I got this so long ago and never really touched it until the mascara I had been using crapped its pants on me. I instantly loved it and have used it every day since. It's been about 5 months and it still hasn't dried out. I know that's not very hygenic and kind of gross, but it kinda shows how long this stuff would last.
The packaging is awesome. It reminds me of Urban Decay or Kat Von D with all the swirls on it. The brush is a bit big and for that reason i use this on top lashes only. It's not a big deal because I typically use 2 mascaras at once.
To use this I layer it with a mascara that lacks length. Most recently its the loreal manga eyes or whatever it's called. I used that first, then this Hard Candy stuff. It works amazing and I'm always complimented on how my lashes are pretty and that they look like the false fiber stuff. If I had to pick a mascara for the apocalypse, this would be it.

on 3/15/2014 11:28:00 PM

I've been buying this mascara on and off for four or five years, as long as it has been out there at WalMart, when Hard Candy stopped being a Sephora-type brand. I alternated this with Clinique Glossy Mascara and Lavera in dark blue. These mascaras always worked for me because they supplied the following requisites for my eyes:

Not allergic to it
Doesn't flake off
Easy to wash off
No thick, clumpy appearance

Let me explain about the last item. I deliberately DO NOT buy thickening, volumizing, false-eyelash appearing, types of mascaras. I have long thick lashes that are without much color. All I want is to color them. Anything more than that, and I end up with "doll eyes". Looks ridic' on me. Maybe not on you, but it does on me.

For this mascara, I add a fifth "requirement": I can afford it when I'm rather poor.

The brown I buy it in, Mudslide, is a true brown. I don't wear black or black/brown mascara---too harsh and theatrical on me. I love being able to acquire an actual brown mascara; it looks more natural, and not like I'm trying too hard!

The smell doesn't trouble me; it's not "plasticky" or offensive (to me, anyway).

This mascara does well for me, and I don't have to spend a lot for it. Back in the 70s and 80s I was so desperate to get mascaras that I could wear without red eye that I had to buy the even-then very expensive Lancome Maquicils. I bought it in blue (great for giving you that bright eye appearance). It was $12, $13 a tube back then, back when drugstore mascaras were about $2.00, so I was always on the lookout for something less pricy at the drugstore. I was unable to tolerate anything made by Revlon, Max Factor, Cover Girl, Almay, Coty, Cutex, Yardley, etc. Whatever was there, I tried them all. Instant awful on my eyes. Hyperallergenic? Yeah, right. Lie. Still got red eye. Crusty, y'know? There was a brief while that I used a washable Cover Girl product that wasn't bad, but nothing stays on the market long, does it?

So I have a fair amount of experience in trying out mascara after mascara to find something that meets the four requirements. Hard Candy Ginormous does it for me. I don't know about the Ginormous thing so much---I don't get an exaggerated appearance from it, but then, I don't put it on with a heavy hand. Often I only put it on the top lashes (getting older now, want a more "lifted" look). I use a lash curler beforehand if I want to get fancy; I don't look to a mascara to curl my lashes for me. But if you want a mascara that meets the same requirements I have, you'll like this one.

It does come in blue (uh, electric blue!). Although these days I usually buy it in "Mudslide", as mentioned above.

on 3/4/2014 2:13:00 PM

Waste of $$

on 1/18/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- no clumping at ALL!
- goes on super smooth

CONS:
-it does nothing for my lashes
- no lengthening / no volume

I would recommend you to stay away from this mascara if you want volume or lengthening. This will not give you either of those. If you are looking for just a tiny bit of definition to your lashes then maybe this is for you but it will merely make your lashes look a bit darker.

on 9/26/2013 11:17:00 PM

I thought this would be great, but I hated it. It did nothing for my eyelashes, I had clumps and no definition. I wouldn't buy this again

on 8/22/2013 2:52:00 AM

Worst I've ever tried. Packaging was cute, that's all. It barely coated my lashes.

on 8/4/2013 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Garbage. Doesn't grab and separate my lashes. Complete waste of money.

on 11/15/2011 5:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

First, my lashes are really long, but fine. (I have a lot, but they are very thin) so I usually have trouble with Mascaras that clump-my fine lashes then turn into spidery lashes and it looks like I don't have very many lashes. I have tried everything from full n soft to the lash blast. Some have worked, others not so much. I have also have had difficulty finding brown or brownish-black in certain mascaras. Well, I this mascara has separated my lashes, and while it has not necessarily thickened my lashes, it actually looks like I have lashes. The best part, it comes in pure brown, for those days when I going for a really natural look. Might repurchase unless I find something better.

on 11/5/2011 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this mascara. It holds curl very well and does not flake on me during my 8 hour work day. I just recently purchased this for the third time. I recommend it. :)