December 21, 2014 | 1017 users online

Mascara - Hard Candy - Ginormous Lash Volumizing Mascara - Stash

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Remembered

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been buying this mascara on and off for four or five years, as long as it has been out there at WalMart, when Hard Candy stopped being a Sephora-type brand. I alternated this with Clinique Glossy Mascara and Lavera in dark blue. These mascaras always worked for me because they supplied the following requisites for my eyes:

Not allergic to it
Doesn't flake off
Easy to wash off
No thick, clumpy appearance

Let me explain about the last item. I deliberately DO NOT buy thickening, volumizing, false-eyelash appearing, types of mascaras. I have long thick lashes that are without much color. All I want is to color them. Anything more than that, and I end up with "doll eyes". Looks ridic' on me. Maybe not on you, but it does on me.

For this mascara, I add a fifth "requirement": I can afford it when I'm rather poor.

The brown I buy it in, Mudslide, is a true brown. I don't wear black or black/brown mascara---too harsh and theatrical on me. I love being able to acquire an actual brown mascara; it looks more natural, and not like I'm trying too hard!

The smell doesn't trouble me; it's not "plasticky" or offensive (to me, anyway).

This mascara does well for me, and I don't have to spend a lot for it. Back in the 70s and 80s I was so desperate to get mascaras that I could wear without red eye that I had to buy the even-then very expensive Lancome Maquicils. I bought it in blue (great for giving you that bright eye appearance). It was $12, $13 a tube back then, back when drugstore mascaras were about $2.00, so I was always on the lookout for something less pricy at the drugstore. I was unable to tolerate anything made by Revlon, Max Factor, Cover Girl, Almay, Coty, Cutex, Yardley, etc. Whatever was there, I tried them all. Instant awful on my eyes. Hyperallergenic? Yeah, right. Lie. Still got red eye. Crusty, y'know? There was a brief while that I used a washable Cover Girl product that wasn't bad, but nothing stays on the market long, does it?

So I have a fair amount of experience in trying out mascara after mascara to find something that meets the four requirements. Hard Candy Ginormous does it for me. I don't know about the Ginormous thing so much---I don't get an exaggerated appearance from it, but then, I don't put it on with a heavy hand. Often I only put it on the top lashes (getting older now, want a more "lifted" look). I use a lash curler beforehand if I want to get fancy; I don't look to a mascara to curl my lashes for me. But if you want a mascara that meets the same requirements I have, you'll like this one.

It does come in blue (uh, electric blue!). Although these days I usually buy it in "Mudslide", as mentioned above.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by TTiff

Waste of $$

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Rheuai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PROS:
- no clumping at ALL!
- goes on super smooth

CONS:
-it does nothing for my lashes
- no lengthening / no volume

I would recommend you to stay away from this mascara if you want volume or lengthening. This will not give you either of those. If you are looking for just a tiny bit of definition to your lashes then maybe this is for you but it will merely make your lashes look a bit darker.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by KDBoucher13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this would be great, but I hated it. It did nothing for my eyelashes, I had clumps and no definition. I wouldn't buy this again

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

Worst I've ever tried. Packaging was cute, that's all. It barely coated my lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Jskerkie

Garbage. Doesn't grab and separate my lashes. Complete waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by silverd12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

First, my lashes are really long, but fine. (I have a lot, but they are very thin) so I usually have trouble with Mascaras that clump-my fine lashes then turn into spidery lashes and it looks like I don't have very many lashes. I have tried everything from full n soft to the lash blast. Some have worked, others not so much. I have also have had difficulty finding brown or brownish-black in certain mascaras. Well, I this mascara has separated my lashes, and while it has not necessarily thickened my lashes, it actually looks like I have lashes. The best part, it comes in pure brown, for those days when I going for a really natural look. Might repurchase unless I find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Mandalarson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mascara. It holds curl very well and does not flake on me during my 8 hour work day. I just recently purchased this for the third time. I recommend it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by CherryD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've got really long lashes and it's easy for mascara to turn gross and fake looking on me. But this is great for a very natural look. If you have shorter lashes that are more sparse this won't be for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by AmyRuth23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really dislike this a ton. It does nothing for your lashes. It just lightly coats them even if you apply it two or three times. No length or volume. I am so disappointed. For like 5 or 6 dollars I can get Loreal Voluminous cheaper!