November 24, 2014 | 2061 users online

Lip Gloss - Illamasqua - Intense in Fierce

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love violet - blue-violet - lip products. But i am so often disappointed. The hype says it's violet, but when i see the actual product IRL it turns out to be merely purple - that is red-violet. But Fierce did not disappoint me. This is really a medium-light blue violet. It is relatively opaque and gives good coverage. I am in LOVE!
Illamasqua glosses have a fruity scent which disappointed me - their lipsticks have only a slight vanilla scent - but thankfully no flavor. The glosses are very shiny but not sticky, rather they are slick. I also find them to be rather moisturizing.
I don't have a camera, so i can't post pictures. But Christine of Temptalia has some lovely photos of this gloss:
One thing to note is that since Christine - and MUA-ers here - reviewed this gloss, the package has changed. The glosses now come in a long square-sectioned tube, with a brush in the cap for application. The brushes work fine. However, one of the two glosses i ordered had some splayed-out bristles.
I sometimes put this on over Illamasqua Kontrol Lipstick. Kontrol is a dark, slightly greyed, blue-violet. Because it can feel a bit dry, i moisten it with Fierce. They are not the same color, but both are blue-violet and compatible.
If you are looking for a true violet lip product, you too will probably love Illamsqua Intense Lipgloss in Fierce.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Sparkle0117

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy Smokes! You do not need much of this to cover your lips! At first, I wasn't a fan of the tube applicator, but after seeing how pigmented it is and how little is needed, I totally get it. This is a vibrant mauvey/lilac on me. I love that it sheers out nicely while still delivering decent coverage. It seems to me that the biggest complaints people have with this is that it's gloppy and that it isn't "wearable." I disagree, though. Sure, if you glop it on and use as much as you use when applying other glosses it will be gloppy and sticky and bright. However, if you use a half-pea sized amount, it wears quite nicely and I don't find it to be sticky or gloppy at all. As for it being wearable, I think that totally depends on you. I don't see this working for someone with blonde hair and brown eyes or on very warm-toned girls. If you're a cool-toned blue-eyed brunette like me, this goes great with neutral greys/silvers on the eyes, black eyeliner, and under-done cheeks. Throw on a white top and it becomes very wearable for work/social gatherings. Throw on a black top or dress, and it can pass for classy with a nice pop of color. I read one reviewer saying this gloss has no shine. If you sheer it down a lot, it isn't very shiny but if you apply a glossy lip balm first, it stays glossy for a decent amount of time. I really like the versatility of this as it can be "BAM in your face!" or it can be quite subtle and pretty when sheered down and worn with a gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I tried on Fierce lip gloss in a department store mirror at night, which sounds like not the right basis to judge Fierce on me but I don't care so much at this point because it looked great on me in that kind of light and under other lights, and it lasted for hours throughout the night without re-application and through food and a hot drink. I could still see the color on me (about 60% of it near the end) through many hours, and I could still feel the gloss on my lips.

Fierce looks like MAC Up The Amp lipstick, MAC Lavender Whip lipstick, and a clear gloss got together to have a surrogate child!

I'm going back to buy it and I will be wearing it in the daytime too, as it is mostly opaque but there is a bit of sheerness in Fierce as well for it to not look too intimidating during the day. I'm an NC45.

UPDATE: I have been Fierce-ing it during the daytime without any lip pencil or lipstick with it for the past two days, and I love it! Illamasqua's glosses' colors seem to be very long-lasting through quite a bit of food and drink.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Crystalynn83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am loving this gloss. When I first purchased it, it sat in my stash for a couple months until I figured out HOW to use it. I am sure most people that are open minded enough to buy a purple gloss, but then say they don't like this are probably not using it correctly. If you slap a thick layer on, you're going to have GRAPE purple lips & probably look like you just drowned. However, used in conjunction with a pink or red lipstick or gloss, it's beautiful. It's a medium opaque grape color with no shimmer. I like to put a good layer of this all over my lips and dab a hot pink gloss in the middle. Very pretty effect & I've gotten lots of compliments. As for packaging, as sanitary as possible with the plastic tip, it's fine with me. Price is a little steep at $20 but it's a product you use rather sparingly so it'll last a while. And it has great staying power, lasts 3-4 hours on me. Not to mention it's kinda hard to find this shade in any other brand. I'm thinking maybe an OCC lip tar would be as close as you can get color wise. Overall, I would purchse again. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by cabs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this some time ago, I have not used it more than once. This is because as others have mentioned it is a gloppy, hard to control the application, and once applied looks like a frosted mess. Do try this on your lips if you can before buying, I didn't and was attracted to the colour on my hand, but on my face it was a different story. The colour needed to be applied thickly to get the intensity, which means it disappears after a couple of hours, leaving a florescent stain, rather than vibrant colour. Still love the colour and wish it worked for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by amberexic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Beautiful, odd, interesting color. Was looking for a very violet or purple lipstick at sephora and one of the gals showed me this and it was love!

This gloss is super smooth and glossy, lasts pretty well, is super pigmented. Smells a bit synthetic but not in a bad way. The tube is slim and streamlined, I like that it isn't bulky.

By itself, this color is very shocking. You would definitely have to be daring to wear it on its own.

How to make this more wearable? Layer it over something. I like it over bright pinks (it's a dream over Violetta by MAC and probably over the violet l/s MUFE as well) and pastel pinks too (like the Lady Gaga Viva Glam). You could also use it mixed with a pink gloss to make a new color.

I really like this gloss because it is something different... I always play up my eyes but I'm trying to try some bold, daring lips from time to time. This gloss seems like good quality and it's refreshing and interesting!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by baronesszara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Fierce is a cool toned purple/violet. Rather gloppy, without a high-gloss finish.
It's intensely pigmented, as all Illamasqua Intense glosses are.
I'm not keen on the applicator, a hard plastic, chiseled tip. But that's because I tend to apply light, natural coloured glosses without a mirror. One can't do that with Fierce! So the applicator doesn't matter, I use a brush.
I adore blue toned colours on my mouth, and have tendency to hit all my lipstick with Mac's dis-continued Mauve, as it just suits me.
No need with Fierce, there is a good hint of blue in it. I use plenty of lip balm and just wash Fierce on. Lovely.
To use it at its full depth, I'd want to be doing a photo shoot or be in a club (not using my lips for anything but looking good!). There is no frost in this, I must dis-agree with the first reviewer on that.
Also an interesting product to use as a high-lighter.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a bunch of Illamasqua products at once and this was a must try for me. I kept hearing about all these unusual and vibrant colors. This seemed to be the most vivid and notable of the bunch. It sounded very cool in theory however once on, I realized in an instant that I would never wear this. Its a fun and frivolous grape and that's where it ends. It looks very cool in the tube however once applied, it looks like a cheap gumball teeny bopper grape that looked downright silly actually. It instantly reminded me of being 10 and wearing those gumball pinks and purples that were made by Mattel for little girls. Its not flattering and matches nothing I can think of. I am all for cool and unusual colors, but this was a complete miss for me (and the formula is very sticky, goopy and kind of drying). I much prefer the lush and moisturizing Buxom glosses to these (I could wear those forever). I could not wait to get this off my lips (not a good sign). Also keep in mind that the swatches are unreliable as usual. This looks like it might be a deep and vibrant grape however in person its more of a frosted lighter grape (that whole gumball thing again).

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No