Sigma Makeup Professional Brushes Face and Eyes Kit

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok if you are thinking of buying sigma brushes please reconsider I wish I would of came across an honest review instead of listening to all the rave reviews on YouTube saying these brushes were the best thing since sliced bread and could do no wrong and even comparable to MAC brushes.. I have the F05 small contour, small duo fibre f55 and the powder/blush f10 and ALL THREE are loose at the handle from use. I've owned these brushes for a year! Like Wtf! I have Cheaper brushes that have held up longer. I've had Mac brushes for 7 years and are holding up strong. What a disappointment. I will never purchase sigma brushes again it's like literally throwing money in the garbage.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

These are ok mid-priced makeup brushes, but I think it's better to either spend more for a few MAC brushes or buy the cheap Real Techniques ones from Target.

on 2/11/2015 1:01:00 PM

I happen to love the sigma brand of brushes! My foundation has never looked better! And I have heard great feedback from lots of other people.. Anyhow 2 thumbs up for this!! Here is a cool site to look at if you are still unsure http://www.makeupapplicationtools.com/

on 10/28/2013 12:46:00 AM

There are only 3 brushes in this entire set that I use frequently. I wish I hadn't told my parents to get this for me for my birthday. 1) Complete waste of money. 2) Too expensive. 3) Shed like CRAZY!

Want OUTSTANDING brushes? Go to your local drugstore and pick up Real Techniques Brushes. I wash mine every 2 weeks with NO shedding at all! They also won't cost you an arm and leg.

on 1/20/2013 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have had these brushes for over 4 years now but the problems with loose ferrules were noticed within 1-2 months of my purchase. My SS190 literally feels likes its going to fall right off the handle; thankfully I have a MAC 190 that is still in excellent condition despite me having had it for a longer period of time. The SS150 is okay but a little scratchy for me but at least the ferrule has held up. The SS168 is a real gem and I find myself using this brush often. It's soft doesn't shed and the ferrule is still intact. The SS187's ferrule is bad and loose. I use this brush for blushes that require a light hand like Tippy or Dollymix. Overall I think the eye brushes are better than the face brushes and I see no reason not to grab a few of them if your on a budget. Lastly I will say that you usually get what you pay for but in some cases even expensive brushes like MAC have problems too. My 109 has a loose ferrule and is about 2-3 years old meanwhile I have MAC brushes that I've had since around 2000 that are in tip top shape.

on 12/14/2012 10:02:00 PM

Probably the best thing I've ever splurged on. Definitely better than buying all the brushes at MAC for $400. There isn't a single brush in this set that I don't use or that isn't great in my opinion. They all give flawless application and definitely worth every penny. Don't bother getting the MAC ones- they're the exact same but cheaper. The on;y negative thing I can say is that my big fluffy brush sheds, but not horribly. Amazing product.

on 4/29/2012 5:18:00 PM

I've had this brush set for about a year now and think I've had more than enough time to review each one!

Angled Liner Brush SS266- Wonderful precise angled brush, great for cream/gel liner

Medium Angled Shading SS275- Perfect for applying highlight sparingly or for high impact.

Large Shader Brush SS252- Good brush for applying highlight, lid color or cream bases

Pencil Brush SS219- Basic pencil brush, does shed which can be annoying when I apply inner corner highlight.

Angled Blush Brush SS168- Lovely for highlight and blush. My only gripe is that the ferrule was obviously not made very well. It was loose when I received it so I have to be very careful with this brush.

Large Powder Brush SS150- One of my least favorite brushes in the set. It sheds like crazy and after I apply my powder or bronzer I have tons of black hairs on my face that I have to pick off. Disliked.

Duo Fibre Brush Stippling Brush SS187- This brush's ferrule is also poorly put together. The brush itself can shed at times, but I still use it for dewy foundation application, blush and highlight. A versatile brush.

Flat foundation Brush SS190- Great basic foundation brush, applies foundation like a dream. Love this.

Concealer Brush SS194- The worst out of them all. The quality of the brush is great, but it was very poorly made. The brush was wobbly when I first used it and the brush itself simply detached after the next use.

Fluffy Blending Brush SS224- One of my favorites, if not my favorite, in the whole set. Great for applying concealer or just blending colors out effortless. Perfection.

Shader Brush SS239- Simple shader brush, does nothing more or less. My ELF shader brush is of the same quality.

Pointed Eyeliner Brush SS209- Great for precise lining with cream/gel liner. Great quality, I use this daily.

I do enjoy these brushes but for the amount of poorly manufactured brushes I would never repurchase.

on 12/4/2011 11:51:00 PM

Don't get me wrong, in general, for the price these brushes are good value. I've had both the professional and premium kits for some time now (purchased them when each set was first released) and reach for them regularly -- majority of them function very well and apply makeup very nicely. I do have one major gripe about them though -- the quality control and workmanship of the brushes is inconsistent, even with proper care of my brushes. To date about 5 of them have fallen apart because the ferrules came loose. Also, on some of them I've had to trim some hairs that were too long. I have many MAC brushes that I purchased years before Sigma brushes were even launched and have never encountered such issues with any of them. While I can't say they are as good as or in the same calibre as MAC and other high end brushes, they do perform very well and are a great way to expand your brush collection at a fraction of the cost compared to buying high end brushes individually -- just be aware that the workmanship on some (not all) of them may be shoddy.

on 9/19/2011 8:33:00 PM

I got the pro. kit for my birthday. The first review i did on these were great BUT i am not so sure now that I have used them more.
I now think the eye brushes are good and the face (blush,powder,etc) are not the best.
I have not washed them yet and i am told brushes will perform better after washed/cleaned.
I think they are good but not better than mac.
Will update if anything changes after i wash them.

I dont know if i would buy again.

on 4/26/2011 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Ohh my goodness I LOVE Sigma Brushes and their customer service :) Seriously the best ever!!!!

I just ordered their 12 brushes, a brush roll, and a travel size brushes with a brush roll.

First of all I LOVED the quality of the brushes. I own 5 MAC brushes and let me tell you Sigma Brushes are the same quality. They apply makeup the same. They did not shed much, but only the first time I played with them. After that no more shedding at all.
I also really loved the travel size brush kit (I got Naughty In Black). The travel kit is great and the brushes are shorter, but the bristles are the same size as regular sized brushes. I loved that. I mean I hate when the travel size brushes are small because just because I am traveling does not mean my face got smaller you know?

Anyway they are awesome :) The brush roll feels so expensive and it looks so nice.

Here is why I love their customer service.

When I got my travel brush roll, the sipper on the side pocket fell off. Well I freaked out and wrote Sigma asking for an exchange if possible. Well after I wrote them I tried to fix it and I did!!! Well the next day I was going to say never mind I fixed it. When I opened my email I got a letter from Sigma saying that they are so sorry for the inconvenience and that my new travel sized brush roll is on its way!!!

Ohh I feel so bad because I fixed mine and I am still getting a new one. Can you believe it? they did not even ask me to send the old one back.

They are the best.

And NO I am not an employee of Sigma or anything. I am just a girl who loves her brushes :)