November 24, 2014 | 1789 users online

Liquid - Classified Cosmetics - ERA Face Spray Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by trixel

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this for years because it hides discoloration and (ugh) blackheads in a really believable way.

so believable you guys:
I went to a dermatologist to get a laser treatment and she wanted to start with photographing my hyper-pigmentation. I asked if I should remove my makeup first. She had just examined my skin under the lighted magnifier... and said "but you aren't wearing makeup!" I told her I was, she cleaned my face and couldn't believe the difference. She could now see the clogged pores, freckles, etc. Then she whipped out a notepad and wrote down the name of this MU. I laughed !

application:
this is the only method that works for me:

- exfoliate regularly (this MU can highlight skin flakes and dryness)
- start with a moist (just washed), just-moisturized face
- put on sunblock (some sunblocks can cause the MU to roll into balls, you have to experiment)
- shake the hell out of the ERA can, then shake some more (worst part)
- put a bit of your moisturizer in your hand, then spray equal amount MU and mix together
- apply with sponge, starting at the middle of your face and working outward (I start with my nose)

shake!
when you first get this makeup shake it a ton before the first use. If you don't do an initial mixing and then shake a lot before each use you'll end up getting a thin mixture for the first half of the can, then a thick mixture the 2nd half, and then the last bit will be too thick to dispense. This is a demanding product but I love the results so I put up with it.

color:
When I lived in a rainy climate and my skin was pale I used the Y1, a beautiful warm-neutral that isn't too yellow. Now that I live in a really sunny climate and my skin has darkened a bit I use Y3, a good neutral, yellow but not sallow. As another reviewer mentioned, Y3 runs a bit light if you are darker than Y1 but a bit of bronzer/blush and I'm ok with it.

classified cosmetics site:
sucks, IMO. I've ordered from them several times thinking I would get the freshest and best product. Wrong. They have messed up several orders and shipping takes forever! Last order the MU did not come in the plastic box with the little sponge (that I don't use anyway.) I've had better luck with random shops on Amazon.

Hope this was helpful! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by smootsa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an awesome light but buildable liquid foundation with such a high water content I find it almost impossible to make it look cakey (but YMMV). I use Y3 and it's a great match for my skin which has warm and cool tones and is somewhere between a MAC 15 and 20. I've got Y5 as well in case I need to mix my own colour which is very easy to do. I don't bother with the whole airbrush thing - I just spray it on my palm (or some wax paper) then stipple it onto my face with a MAC 187 or similar. It goes on really easily and blends well, and doesn't need to be coaxed along with a beauty blender like other liquid foundations.
If I could take off half a lippy I might be tempted as there are a few issues, mostly with availability, and with the spray format - the spray is an awkward size (very tall) and you can't see the contents, which need to be shaken vigorously (until it sprays smoothly without any bubbles), plus it's a bit wasteful of product - but you can't argue with the finish which is fresh-looking and fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by cnvalle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had my 2 bottles for years and just started using it again. I have to say the finish and naturalness of this foundation is notable. It reminds of the Armani Maestro in that it is thin but offers great coverage. Wears like iron. A big bottle was $55, not sure what the price is now. But if you have trouble getting a foundation to stay on Nd look natural try this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by amandap473

i ordered the era foundation a week and 3 days ago, which is 6 business days ago, and i JUST received an email with my tracking number.. I just tracked it, and its "initiated" which means they JUST now sent it!!! I'm not a very happy person right now, beings there website said.. and i quote "Usual delivery time is 3-7 working days for products that will be shipping from our warehouse. You will be promptly informed of delivery dates for products that are back-ordered." if i had known that it would've taken almost 2 weeks to get this product, i would have NEVER ordered it, and just went to Macys next door to get my normal MAC brand. they were not helpful in helping me figure out where my order was either. just a shame!.. i was so excited to try the stuff too :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, oily skin w/ dry lines from trying to reduce acne, early 30s.

All the positives are true, air brushed finished, did not settle into my large pore or lines... and I have been faithful for at least 3 years. Y3 was always a little too light but you could not beat the natural looking finish (if I did not mind the off color match). The past year I have been trying to mix in Y5, but the brown tone just makes me look older or makes the face look a little muddy.

I am ready to move on but if the color was absolutely perfect in photos, I never would leave.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by MDaniellegallan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this from a makeup store where the ladies working demonstrate products on you and give you an opportunity to apply it yourself, all before purchasing the product. I have never tried to apply this product by spraying it on my face. I don't even see how that would work well. The employee applied it to my face using a kabuki brush, and that's how I've continued to use it. By spraying it directly on your face or by using the sponge that Classified includes in the package, you are going to waste ALOT of foundation. I don't find it helps my oily skin, but I have resigned to the fact that my skin is oily and there's not much I can do about it. It does, however, give you an airbrushed look and I have no trouble with staying power. It's still on in the evening. Since this is my first time buying era face, I don't know how long the can will last. If it lasts a few months, I would say it's worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Sabrina123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation because i was told by my beauty therapist it is good for sensitive skin prone to break outs so i got it, when i first tried it my skin looked flawless, i've been using it a few months now and it's not bad, it does look more natural than other foundations i've used, you may still need to conceal dark blemishes with a stronger coverage foundation and this wears off a little after a few hours, if you touch your face it leaves a void. Make sure you shake verrrrrrry well for it to work.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by LondonBabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

YUCK! I had high hopes for this foundation. The sales girl spoke very highly of this. Did not apply evenly with spraying, and not much better when applying with a brush or sponge. Therefore, if you cannot spray it for an airbrushed look, what is the point of the spray container? Does not spray continuously and more splatters then sprays.
I found this foundation sat on top of my skin, looking really unnatural. I itched my face, taking off an even streak of foundation...so embarrassing!
I also do not like the smell, because it smell like chemicals.
High hopes crushed. Too bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The very lightest shade is several shades too dark for me. It's an excellent airbrush foundation; however, they must broaden their shade range a bit to accommodate NC10 types.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by am0108

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely addicted to this product. I am lucky enough to have a place in town that carries this product therefore I was about to pick out the correct colors for my skin. Summer time I am usually a R6 and winter time I go to Y5.

I have tried a few different ways of applying it to have the best finish and coverage. I like the spray on method but it gets kind of messy. I feel like the sponge method I am not able to work fast enough to apply a smooth finish and waste too much product. The method I has work best for me is to lightly spray the foundation onto my Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki - F80 then apply and blend on my face. I believe that it's the Mac 187 equivalent, but I'm not 100%.

I am a fan of their Facebook page and have received great deals through there. Last week was a 50% off special. I bought 3 foundations! On top of the deal, they also provided free shipping. I'm very happy with this product and have gotten lots of compliments on my skin.