Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder SPF 15

3.5

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide. Ingredients: Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Lipids, Jojoba Esters, Pearl Powder, Lauroyl Lysine, Copper Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Extract, Lycium Chinenesis (Lycii) Berry Extract, Silybum Marianum (Milk Thistle) Extract. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I did not like this pressed powder at all; it looks patchy and heavy on my face. It is praiseworthy neither in texture, setting ability, blendability, colour range or value for money.

I HATE wearing foundation of any kind, but this can be applied so lightly (with a #50 brush) that I don't feel it after it goes on, and it still evens out imperfections. I'm getting over a nasty bit of adult-onset acne, and this totally helps cover the light pink scarring without adding to the breakouts and without looking like I'm wearing makeup at all. Just the right balance for me.

The man I've been courting for months even commented on how great my skin looks, without knowing that I had tried anything new. So, win.

The stars at Sephora color matched me to the Rich Vanilla shade using that fancy-pants ColorIQ gizmo. Magic.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I wanted so much to like this foundation, but this foundation just did not agree with my skin. The only thing I liked about this was how it worked well with my dry skin - it did not cling onto my dry patches nor did it make my dry patches obvious. Every time I used this foundation, however, I noticed that I would get two to three new pimples each day I would use it. I gave it about two weeks and it just did not agree with my skin. This also did not last very long, perhaps 7 hours tops. After 7 hours, I could see the foundation slipping and sliding on my skin. Another thing that bothered me was the strong chemical scent it had. Returned it to Sephora or else I probably would've kept using it as I really really wanted to like this foundation. :(

I got this from Sephora after this particular friendly beauty consultant who tried really hard on her job.

I got it in Tender Rose and it does suits my Medium Fair skin with sufficient coverage of my light freckles. The staying powder is fairly well however the T-zone will appear its shine in the afternoon. Usually I used this as my overall powder without any base other than my sunblock.

However, I do realize that it clogs my pores a little and small bumps start to appear on my T-zone after 1 month of usage. Proper cleaning and exfoliation is recommended if a your are acne/oil prone!

This powder meets all my expectations! First of all I love that it's pressed and not loose b/c when ur on the go u have no time to worry about the mess mineral powder makes. I love the color range, Rich Vanilla is my favorite. This powder gives me a flawless natural look and that is exactly what I look for in a powder. I apply this powder over the LM tinted moisturizer and voila perfect face! Does not clog pores or make my face oily. The best!!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is by far the worst powder foundation that I have ever used. It separates and cakey even during the application. It is worst than the drugstore ones such as Loreal true match powder foundation and Za powder foundation. Don't waste your money on this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I originally went to the LM counter to purchase the loose mineral foundation, but since they were out of my color I decided to give this one a try.

This is a very natural looking powder foundation that provides minimal/light coverage! I usually apply this first with my real techniques buffing brush, then go over blemishes with a concealer and the end result is a natural looking foundation.

I have the color natural beige which is a spot on match to my nc30-35 skin.

I don't know if I'm gonna repurchase this because I still want to try the loose version but we'll see.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a NC40 (MAC), Barcelona (NARS) and have been using the Rich Vanilla shade in LM's Mineral Pressed Powder range for 3 months now. I often interchange between this and MAC's Studio Finish compact but I'm starting to lean towards this Mineral Pressed Powder these days.

Pros:
- medium coverage
- bit of glow, not mask like
- doesn't dry out my skin, make it flake or emphasise my pores
- I dust it over my face with a puffy Sigma brush and it looks polished first time, every time
- my current winning face is Garnier's BB cream followed by L'Oreal's Magic Blur and a dusting of LM's Mineral Pressed Powder over the top.

Cons:
- bit exxy but it's lasted well so far
- smallish mirror in the compact.

I need to preface my comments by stating my skin is sensitive to silicone and it is extremely difficult to find any high-quality foundations (or skin care for that matter) that are silicone free. I also don't like the "glow" or mess associated with loose MMU and most pressed versions actually add silicone (or significant oil) to improve texture (just like 99% of liquid foundations). LM Mineral Pressed Powder addresses all these issues - and does so with a formula that is smooth, lasts reasonably well (I have normal skin, moderate pores, no real issues), and leaves behind a nice semi-matte finish. I apply this with a LM powder puff (small & square, flocked, however not the one that comes in the compact) and then run a large, fluffy brush over my face to ensure a light finish. I would give this five stars if it didn't tend to emphasize my pores later in the day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I wanted to love this product. It's one of the few talc free pressed powder foundations I've found (talc makes me itchy). It has a lovely satiny finish so it's not a flat looking powder. But it realy emphasized my pores on my cheeks. That's a deal breaker for me, sadly. I think if you don't have an issue with big pores, go for it.