August 29, 2014 | 673 users online

Polishes - Hard Candy - lava

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by OneHelluvaMichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Maybe I got a defective bottle or something, because I hated this nail polish. My little brother bought it for me for Christmas. It's more of an orange-y color than that picture shows. It's a really nice color; that's the one thing I did like.

It came out of the bottle super thick and tacky. It was difficult to apply it evenly because it was so sticky. It had the consistency of a nail polish you've had for a couple years and used several times.

It started to chip the first day. Big chunks, too.

After half of it was chipped of I decided to use nail polish remover to get the rest off. It took 7 cotton balls to get it off. With other polishes I only use 2-3 total. I had to hold the remover on each nail for a few seconds and then rub really hard to get it off. There's still some glitter stuck to my nails that I can't get off.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by CreativeBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So, I don't own this color.. yet.. but I'm pretty sure it's almost a perfect dupe for the color Ali's Big Break from the OPI Burlesque holiday line. Someone test it out, to see how it compares...but I think it's close!

Regardless: beautiful color, and I DO plan to buy it soon. I love all the HC polishes, really.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by meepmeeps

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a huge fan of Hard Candy nail polishes and I LOVE this color! I agree with the poster that said it reminds her of Dorothy's ruby red slippers. I use this on my toes and can't stop looking at my feet to admire how pretty my toes look sparkling in the light! It's definitely a sexy color and the glitter gives it a playful, flirty quality. It is a bit sheer and took me about 3 coats to get a nice solid color, but it's worth it. This is definitely a new favorite!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Squalid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

A orange version of ChG Ruby Pumps! I love wearing this on my toenails, perks any peep toe shoes up!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by ainabarad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this nail polish. I'm cool toned and it comes out a beautiful glittery red that ABSOLUTELY reminds me of Dorothy's ruby slippers on Thw Wizard of Oz. I don't understand why it's called Lava because my polish is definitely red with no orange to it whatsoever. This shade is a little sheer so it takes 4 - 5 coats or so for opaqueness, but you could always use one coat of an opaque red as a base coat before applying Lava and that does this trick. What I love most about this polish is the staying power. It lasts a LOT longer than my other glitter nail polishes do. I love!!! My only real complaint is that I wish the bottle was bigger or the price was less, but the quality is outstanding so I'll definitely repurchase!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by sleepyhead2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited when my Wal mart finally had the Hard Candy line available. I was immediatley drawn to Lava. It reminded me a little like Ruby Pumps, so I snatched it up. After painting my nails with this, I was disappointed. On my skin tone (nc35) it was an orange/ copper shade. The shimmer in the polish made it better, because with out it, it would have been awful. This shade reminded me of Thanksgiving metallic, fake foilage people use to decorate their tables with. (which i like, just not on my nails.) I thought it would be alot redder, but it is reddish orange. Sad, because i really wanted to like this one. The price isn't too bad, but maybe I am just a cheap skate because I don't like paying $5 for a brand available at wal mart, but I wouldn't bat an eye for china glaze, etc.