July 29, 2014 | 1875 users online

Shampoo - Moroccanoil - Moisture Repair Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by miyeko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using Moisture Repair shampoo and conditioner for about a year now, even though I'm not usually loyal to or satisfied by most. Neither the shampoo or the conditioner strips my color or dries out or frizzes my hair. I don't care for the scent, which seems a little earthy or herbal to me (nothing like the more vanilla Treatment), but it's not so overpowering that I stopped using the products. This shampoo is not great for the scalps of those of us with dandruff since it's so moisturizing, but I just use a color-safe dandruff shampoo instead sometimes. Otherwise, Moisture Repair is great for my hair type.Yes, this stuff is expensive, but if you're lucky, you can find it on sale. I'd rate it 4.5 out of 5 stars. I'm pretty happy with it and will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

I started to use this after I did a full head of highlights. My hairstylist lectured me on the importance of using good quality shampoo and conditioners to preserve my color.
Enter this shampoo...this shampoo is gentle and lathers slightly. I feel like it is not stripping my hair of its oil or color. But its not anything to write home about. And I am not a fan of the scent. Its a little like cologne

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by lebon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this shampoo, as I've heard so many people endorse the Moroccanoil line. ...But alas, it does nothing at all for me.

I have bra strap length hair that is thin around my hairline but thick and full in the back; it's also straight along the sides of my face but kinky wavy in the back if I let it air dry. (I have the world's weirdest hair; fortunately I know how to style it into submission!) Because I do highlight my hair, the ends tend to be dry, so I'm constantly on the lookout for a moisturizing shampoo that won't weigh my hair down.

I agree that this shampoo lathers quite nicely, but unfortunately, that's its best quality (at least in my experience). It did nothing to distinguish itself from a run of the mill drugstore shampoo. Does my hair feel clean after I use it? Certainly it does. Does my hair feel as if I've pampered it by washing it with a salon quality, pricey brand? Well...no, not really.

Also, there's the smell: I've read that Moroccanoil products smell deliciously vanilla-esque, but this one just doesn't. It's got an earthy, herby kind of smell that doesn't really seem to fit a shampoo. And I'm a scent girl, so that also knocks it down a peg in my book.

So...I don't hate it, but I definitely don't see what all the fuss is about.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by zhannger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have straight with a very very slight wavy, coarse asian hair. I've been using this shampoo ( and condition) for over 2 years now. I've also tried others but I've come to realize that this works great with my hair. My hair has lots of random kinky super coarse hair and it tends to be dry. I can use this everyday and my hair would feel fine. it's obviously pretty expensive but when you buy the 500ml bottle it's barely 10 dollars more for double the amount so I try to buy that set. I realize that products work different for everyone but so far this has worked constantly for me

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Ange12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased the Shampoo and Conditioner (both Moisture Repair) this week from adore beauty and I have to say it's the best hair products I have tried for my type of hair. I have thick, oily roots/dry ends. My hair gets very oily on the second day so unfortunately I am a frequent washer. I found the shampoo lathers extremely well. I applied and washed twice followed by the conditioner. So I give it two thumbs up for oily roots/dry ends.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Playmate143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with the previous post, I feel that this shampoo did absolutely nothing for my long hair either. I didn't find that it lathered well at all. I had to use alot of product for 2 washes, that's alot of shampoo to go through, my hair is fine so I wash it every other night, but I can't afford to keep using this because of the amount of product that comes in the bottle. I have the conditioner as well and feel the same about it as the shampoo. It smells nice that's the only positive thing I can say about it, nothing amazing though. I didn't feel that it cleaned my hair well at all, it is VERY expensive and if I ran out I would not re-purchase it. In fact I might put it up for swap because I don't even use it, just didn't work out for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by liselorebon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Shampoo - I just had to try this shampoo, because I heard so much about it. However, I don't really like it much, because I feel it does not clean my hair enough, which makes me having to wash my hair more often.

I like that it lathers well, even though it is sulphate free. There are many other ingredients that seem similar on the ingredients list though, but I'm no expert on that. The smell is nice, but it just doesn't keep my hair clean for long enough. Maybe it's a good one for summer, when you wash your hair more often after going to the beach etc.

Conditioner - I have no complaints about the accompanying conditioner. But without wanting to sound OCD, I would not use just the conditioner with another shampoo, I like using things in sets. So once I finish the shampoo and conditioner, I will not repurchase either of them.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

I don't like this shampoo!! It did nothing to my long hair! There's better and cheaper stuff out there, heck, herbal essences is better!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Catiebug7

I am in love with this shampoo!!! It is very expensive but it is worth the cost! It makes me hair feel so soft and so healthy! I seriously am shocked that it only received 3.3 rating. i would think it would have gotten a 5! Again it is very expensive, but it is the best shampoo I have ever used IN MY LIFE! I also love the conditioner too!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Du64ka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is absolutely great shampoo. It makes my hair very lively and shining. It leathers so good that a standard-size bottle lasts for a long time. No feel of grease, or something else that mentioned in negative reviews here.

Besides being sulfate-free and making my hair alive it has absolutely astonishing smell. First time when I used it my made who came half an hour later asked what perfume smells so lovely. It might be a problem if you are not used to perfume-kind smells, but if you like L'Occitane Aromatherapy series then you will like Moroccanoil as well.

The only negative thing about this product is high price. But good things rarely cheap.