September 24, 2014 | 1543 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers - Brown Smolder #740

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by KathieL

A great eyebrow filler for this brunette!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2013 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Nola504

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nice color but I found it chaulky and difficult to apply and blend. I can still use it, but it's difficult and I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

I don't know if Cover Girl just changed the formula for this shadow or what but I was pretty much completely disappointed in it. When I saw it compared to MAC Espresso (several places, not just here) I was excited to grab it during a BOGO1/2 sale because I was looking for a rich brown and I'd been thinking about some of the brown Sephora Collection shadows at about 7x the price.

What a letdown. My experience was that this shadow is not rich, buttery or highly pigmented. It would maybe have been okay if I hadn't already been spoiled by drugstore shadows like Color Icon and Essence, but as it is I found it powdery, slightly gritty, and difficult to place and blend with a lot of fallout. (My consolation is that at least I didn't pay MAC prices for this. I would have been pissed off.)

I had been looking for a better quality replacement for the brown in WnW's LE nude palette, but at least until I can get to Sephora I'll stick to the WnW brown.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

DUPE ALERT: MAC Espresso repackaged!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by purpleredswirls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

While the product in the pan appears to have shimmer particles in it, the swatch and colour on the eye lid is matte. It is a dark/dark medium brown colour. The pigmentation is decent, better than other Cover Girl singles I have.

In my review for Mink I mentioned this colour as well. I love to wear Brown Smolder all over the lid with Mink highlighting the center of my eye lid.

It is hard to find matte colours in the drug store and especially those with a decent pigmentation that is rich looking and not chalky.

Dark Brown and Matte. A lot of product for a cheap price. If those are the things you are looking for, go ahead and get it.

I will give this 5/5 despite the horrible Cover Girl packaging. Yes the packaging servers it's purpose and yes the sponge tip applicator is the only kind I will ever use but it is just unattractive and bulky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great dark brown eyeshadow. In the pan it appears to have to sparkles in it, but it does not show up on the lid. This works fantastic as a crease color, it lasts all day without creasing. It is very pigmented and easy to blend. I will definitely buy this color when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by FloweryCheese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm an NC44 with dark brown/black hair and dark brown eyes. I use this as a brow powder and it lasts all day. Highly pigmented and easy to work with.

It looks like it has some shimmer in the pan, but I didn't notice any in my brows in fluorescent lighting. It's possible that in full sunlight, you can see shimmer (so test it out if you're worried about that).

Great little gem for around $3. My friend recommended MAC Cork for filling in brows, but who needs to spend MAC prices when CG will do the trick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Brown Smolder is a beautiful true brown ~ MATTE ~ deep ~ rich ~ dark ~ very pigmented shade that brings out my green eyes. It goes on smoothly and blends out nicely. I apply it on top of my usual foundation and have never experienced any fading, creasing or changing of color as the day goes on. I use this shade in my crease but I can see where one could use it as a brow powder as well.

I recommend this one for sure!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by suchaclassylady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can barely see the pigment on NC-45 skin, even when using a good primer. Maybe I'll try this on my eyebrows instead. Goes to show, you get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous deep matte brown. I use this on my eyes an it's also great for filling in brows. Not the smoothest eyeshadow, but it is nicely pigmented. Will repurchase.