October 31, 2014 | 1022 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Vanilla in the Mist

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 5:54:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

So sad LUSH discontinued this soap! I stocked up when I found out they were getting rid of this, and I'm already down to my last piece :( This soap smells so delicious...Like a caramel/vanilla latte. You would think coffee-scented soap might be a little gross, but it's such a warm, sweet scent that I love to use in the fall months.
This soap isn't as pretty as other LUSH soaps...It's kind of a dirty yellow/brown color. But like I said, it smells great and lathers up nicely used either on a shower poof or directly on skin. I don't find this super moisturizing, but it isn't drying, either. The scent will fill up your shower while you're using this, but it doesn't linger on the skin after rinsing. I know a lot of people complain that LUSH soaps tend to melt pretty quickly, but a $10 piece of this will last me a little over 2 months, which I don't think is too bad.
My only complaint about this soap is the vanilla pods they stick on the top. They're rough and can really scratch up the skin, and they're embedded pretty deep so they can be hard to pick out without losing a big chunk of soap in the process. I just suck it up and deal with it until enough of the soap has melted and I can just pop them out.
I hope LUSH brings this soap back as a Retro product sometime, because I really love this stuff, and I think any latte lover would too!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 4:14:00 AM More reviews by sweetiepea161616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

OMG vanilla latte! This is not a straight vanilla smell, rather a vanilla latte smell, and it is so yummy!!! I love love love this smell and the yellow foam is so fun! The formula is super creamy too, and I love the realy vanilla pods, because it shows you that it's not artificial! It smells like REAL vanilla, not that fake crap! I am so sad they got rid of this :( I will treasure my last two bars.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I gave up coffee six months ago, but I miss the smell! I bought this so I could still enjoy a little coffee once in awhile. It actually smells more vanilla than coffee, but the subtlety is nice. It does smell sort of like a creamy vanilla latte as other reviewers mentioned.

The embedded vanilla pods are pretty, but irritating and unnecessary. I tried to pick the surface ones off the bar and luckily I didn't come across any within the soap. Good lather, and it feels softening and gentle. My skin is sensitive and I like that it doesn't dry me out or leave a residue. The yellow lather wasn't an issue for me but I can see how it might bother some. I make sure to keep my soap in a soap dish with a grate so it doesn't sit in its own moisture. Also, I keep the dish on the top of my shower door so it doesn't get hit by the water stream. It lasted the same amount of time as any other bar soap.

While the scent is nice it didn't grab me enough where I'd repurchase it. I prefer the Lush soaps that doesn't contain those little extras like the vanilla pods. It's part of the charm of Lush soaps, but I still love the more plain versions like Alkmaar and 17 Cherry Tree Lane.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by cassielynn24

the exact same smell as my 90yr great gramies bathroom. pure piss. i had to throw the brand new chuck of soap away. a total waste of 7 bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by MissJenn909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Vanilla In The Mist is a creamy, coffee and vanilla scented soap. It lathers amazingly well and has the creamy and smooth consistency that I love in soaps. It makes a lot of lather but the lather is a yellow colour that can stain your sink which is the reason I am taking a lippy off. It is a very warm and soothing soap. The scent took me a while to get used to - the first time I smelt it in the shop I was like "Meh", the second time I was like "Maybe this is alright.." and the third time I was like "Ineedthis!!" I would recommend it to all!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

i love the smell of this soap! it smells like vanilla latte which i absolutely adore! Only downside is that the soap doesn't lather as much as i'd like, and personally, i prefer soaps with a gentle exfoliant e.g. summer pudding. I probably won't be repurchasing on a regular basis but would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by belleringer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

thuis smells like... vanillary slight mocha goodness. its soo good for a morning wakeup call especially in these erratic Auckland weather patterns and winter hammering.
The scent: Vanilla is not sickly sweet like most products tend to be when mass marketed but more of a deeper darker scent with a small coffee note which just makes the creaminess of the scent a bit bitter but in an extremely pleasant way, kind of makes the vanilla pop beautifully.
Product consistancy: i definately recommend cutting the bar up so it makes it last longer or you may be slightly annoyed at the longevity of it. i slice small slices of it before i go into the shower whilst in my room and it makes my room smell so delicious.
In the shower: this for me was so worth the cost. it leaves your skin with a very very light scent and is no way offensive and just delicious, whenever i wave my arms or hands around my face i get a small whiff and it makes me fall inlove with it more. it leaves my skin delicously soft and ive even used it for shaving my legs and it made my legs simply silky smooth (followed with sympathy for the skin). the odd thing that entertained me was that it lathers YELLOW!! it doesnt leave a stain on your skin so dont worry about that :)
other wise highly recommended if youre into sexy vanilla scents and yummy yummy skin

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by SmallerFries

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First off, the smell is divine! I am a coffee and vanilla addict so this is a dream soap for me. This is the first soap I have owned from Lush and was a little surprised about the price. I am a Sabon girl and thought they were pricey but Lush takes it to another level. The soap doesn't strip my skin of its oils which is great, but it also doesn't lather as much as I would like. It also has bits of the vanilla bean on top of the soap which is a pain to deal with when showering. Lastly, the soap doesn't last nearly as long as I would like, especially for the price. Even though I adore the scent, I don't think I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by lizbathory88

I'm very picky about the types.of vanilla scents that I use. This one was wonderful....for the 5 mins it lasts:( It's beautiful with full vanilla bean stalks. Great as a gift, but not for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2011 8:28:00 AM More reviews by pinkhart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I luckily got this as a GWP... I don't know maybe I got a bad batch, but what a disgusting odor. It smelled rancid! My daughter even commented about how nasty it smells. I don't know how it comes packaged or the sale price, but I know i won't ever spend a dime on this!!