September 3, 2014 | 1326 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Peter Thomas Roth - Mega Rich Intensive Anti-Aging Cellular Eye Creme

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a huge PTR fan, so am seriously disappointed when I'm not happy with a product in this line. While the serums, peel pads, and night cream are excellent, I've not been impressed by the eye treatments. This one doesn't sting me like it does other reviewers, but it doesn't do anything at all. No reduction in puffiness, dark circles, or crow's feet. I think it would be as effective as a drug store lotion. I don't find it "mega rich," but actually quite light. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yikes. I've liked all the PTR samples I've tried, but this eye cream seriously burns. The first two times I used it I noticed itchy, burning eyes but didn't equate it to the new eye cream. By the third time, the skin all around my eyes felt like it had been severely sunburned.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Tdcb

This is not a VERY expensive product compared to the other products I have tried and used in the past but it is not inexpensive.. It does not work as well as a 420 product. Problems are : Instructions..tell you to put it on, wait for it to tighten, don't move and VOILA! beautiful TIGHT LOOKING SKIN ..very true ...HOWEVER, now you must apply water and wash away the "tightness". Sooo for a few seconds, in your own bathroom mirror you look marvelous ...then it is gone...too bad. It is like a cleansing mask that washes off. BUT THE REAL BIG PROBLEM is the eye irritation...I used it and had my contacts in ...did NOT get it near my eyes but I can only guess though the skin cells or daily touching and such it must have migrated to my eyes and by the time I removed my contacts that evening my eyes were burned..and it is now the third day without my contacts and my eyes are still burning and painful, aching pain... and I can not go out in the sunlight or drive to work no matter how dark my sunglass even two on at a time I can not go out! ....DO NOT TRY THIS PRODUCT IF YOU WEAR CONTACTS !!!!!
I am very unhappy.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2011 6:43:00 AM More reviews by cc628moon

That is not a really cheap product, and I can tell you it doesn't work as well as the rave comments said.

Everytime I applied that on my eyes, it made me tearing, and a bit pain, I think there might be alcohol or some irritant ingredients in that. If you use contact lens daily, never try this one.

The price is not cheap, the results is not good, don't waste your time on it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by janisa323

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got milia around both my eyes a week after using this product. I wouldn't use this product if you are prone to getting milia from greasy eye creams.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by dsbirnbaum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a decent, moisturizing eye cream. The jar lasted almost four months, after using it religiously day and night. I experienced a slight stinging sensation after my initial application of the cream, but that quickly subsided after continued use. Many eye creams tend to irritate my eye area, but this product caused no redness, inflammation, or other allergic reaction. It absorbs quickly into the skin and did not cause my make up to crease or fade. On the downside, I am not sure it is worth the price. I have used many eye creams at almost half the price that produce similar results. I did not experience any significant change in fine lines, dark circles, or puffiness. The ingredients are good, so perhaps we are paying for the preventative benefits? This eye cream did not produce the more noticeable results I have experienced with some of the other PTR products. After this ran out, I had a couple frustrating experiments with 2 other eye creams and experienced related allergic reactions. I reordered this cream because it moisturizes, the ingredients are beneficial, and doesn't irritate the sensitive skin around my eyes. I will provide an update in a few months, if I notice an improvement after more continued use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm very dissapointed in this product because I love almost all the PTR line. they are really good high quality products. But this one...no. Everytime I use this my eyes burn and water. I have rarely had an eye cream do that to me. No matter how careful I am, I get burning and teary. Needless to say, It's not a product for me at all. I do like the face cream though. But the eye cream has something in it that irritates my eyes something fierce!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by mimimachine

I bought and just returned this to Sephora. I have fair skin and blue-purple BAD dark circles. I've tried just about every single eye cream in Sephora and nothing is even making a difference in the dark circles. The SA at Sephora recommended this line to me and said they had just received it. She said the eye cream was amazing. Little did I know that PTR has more than one eye cream and the one for dark circles is NOT this cream (I believe that one is called Power K or something). Once I realized, after purchase, that this was actually not what I wanted, I thought I'd try it for a week anyway to see how I liked it. I was pretty unimpressed after reading the ingredients and I'm trying to stick to paraben-free stuff and these ingredients didn't sound great. For the money that this cream costs, I kind of expect a miracle. I don't really have a problem with fine lines even though I'm 29 and I definitely don't have deep wrinkles. I didn't get the burning and tearing that others have gotten from this but I didn't really that this was "mega rich" or did anything spectacular that a drugstore eye cream can do. If I was buying this for wrinkles, I probably would have finished the jar but it says nothing about addressing dark circles, which is my real concern, so I returned this to Sephora last night and I don't plan to ever repurchase. There are better eye creams out there for fine lines that don't cost this much and do a decent job. My search for the perfect eye cream continues!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by georton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Didn't see much improvement with this product after about 6 wks. The biggest problem tho is the burning and watering of my eyes (like from onions) I have to endure everytime I use it. I've never had any product cause this type of reaction. I have to use it up, because it is quite expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by NoeyD

This could possibly be one of the very few HG products I have!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this eye cream! It is VERY rich, yet absorbs FAST and is completely and utterly matte, so its good for am use as well. I am not certain whether its due to my skin getting dried out from rx retinoid products like Retin-a/Atralin I use nightly, but I do have very fine lines under my eyes, which are the only lines that I have, This cream makes them COMPLETELY vanish! Not only is it phenomenally moisturizing, but it is packed with actives, such as antioxidants and peptides. This cream also firms the appearance around my eyes dramatically. I even use extra when I find myself looking a bit tired or I had a late night.

The only negative I can think of is the price. $65 is rather pricey for an eye product, but I will continue to buy because I just adore the results.

I have VERY few HG products and I have tried MANY eye creams in the past. This is my favorite eye cream so far and is is on its way to being on of my HG's!!!