September 22, 2014 | 2082 users online

rated 3.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ShawP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I initially was on the lookout for African Black Soap from Coastal Scents. However, it was out of stock for a really long time and a reviewer on their website recommended Shea'N'More website. They import the same soap from Ghana at half the price. In fact, most of their organic products are cheaper than Coastal Scents.

Anyway, back to the subject. I love ABS! I have suffered from mild/moderate acne for years and got the idea for this soap on MUA. It is a very soft soap that comes by the pound. You pinch off a piece and lather it up with water and masage it into your skin. I'll massage for a minute or two, then rinse. My face is squeaky clean which prepares it really well for skin treatments and moisturizers. My skin is smoother, clearer, and I now breakout minimally with one or two blemishes that seem to dry up quicker. Thank you MUA.

UPDATE: Not liking it so much anymore because it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference in my skin as far as breakouts. If it made a difference in clearing up my skin, I would probably continue to invest. Since it's not making it any better or any worse, I won't repurchase.