December 20, 2014 | 1703 users online

Lip Treatments - Pangea Organics - Italian Red Mandarin and Rose Lip Care

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by crmelody

What can I say? I love this product like no other. This is my desert island staple. You can put a thin layer on right before bed, and the feeling is comfortably moist lips. You can put on a few layers to mimic a gloss in the daytime. I always layer this over drying lip formulas (ahem, RMS Lip2Cheeks). It is true relief when lips are parched -- relief like no other. It plumps and soothes. I've tried high-end bands and other eco brands, but I always come back to this. I love this balm so much, I tried all the other scents (lavender, citrus). Literally the only drawback is that this does not have a rose scent, just a subtle one that I can't put my finger on.

I forgot to add, the packaging is perfection! I have never had better packaging with a balm ever. It is nice and thick (so easy to find in your bag and cover lips in one swipe), but still slim enough to easily fit in my tiny bags. The package design in itself (the brown and clear and pink) is better than any balm I've seen. Very organic, natural, and comforting looking. Also, not having to dip your finger in it (RMS) or lift off a big cover (Nivea's) is great. The packaging is literally flawless and very well thought through.

INGREDIENTS:
Sunflower Seed Oil, Beeswax, Jojoba Oil, Soy, Hemp Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Sweet Orange Oil, Red Mandarin Oil, Palmarosa Oil, Rose Otto Oil, Tamanu Oil, Aloe Vera Gel, Vitamin E

Have you ever seen such a beautiful arrangement of ingredients? I have used aloe, jojoba, shea butter, and sunflower seed oil separately on my body, and I know that they are effective at soothing and moisturizing. Hemp seed oil is in my favorite shampoo, and Soy is in my favorite cleanser. This ingredient list is perfect - all organic! For $8 on Amazon, this product is a steal! I own no less than three at any given time, and that's saying a lot for a minimalist.

VERDICT: The best of over 100 balms I've tried. There is none better as far as I'm concerned. Perfect slip, packaging, and ingredients.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

This is my first organic certified lipbalm purchase made. Like other reviewers, I agree that the scent is amazing... It applies with a citrusy scent and then fades away into a rose/geranium sorr of scent. If you are into aromatheraphy or loves natural smelling products, then this will be for you !

My only gripe is that the lipbalm is a little fat, and does not apply very well on my lips. The balm tends to extend over my lip area making it rather annoying. Hmmm maybe its designed for fuller lipped women. In terms of moisturising properties, this one did not impress me. I apply this liberally over winter and my lips still occassionally feels dry. Its expensive as well. Other drugstore lipbalms like vaseline have done a better job than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by DarlingLoverFace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These are amazing balms. 12 bucks is not much if you consider how much money you will spend trying to find a great lip balm. This was free in birchbox but that was a year ago and just using it at night has seriously transformed my lips. I just use it once a day, at night and wake up with great peel free, smooth lipstick ready lips. I plan to buy the other scents with my birchbox points. The lavender one would be better for my bedside table. I have tried jack black, eos, chap stick, smackers natural, korres, and MANY more as I am sure we all have. this is still the one I use a year later so that has to say something.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by MaddieEvans

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lip balm is incredibly moisturizing and smells amazing. A bit pricy (I got it from ebeauty.ca for $13) but it feels so nourishing and protective that I think it's worth it. Great for winter and it feels a little more indulgent/luxurious than just chapstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Jaychra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This lip balm is beautiful! The tube is huge and the scent is amazing. I found it on iherb.

My HG lipbalm to date has been chapstick naturals, I used yes to carrots for some time but found CN more deeply nourishing. This lipbalm by pangea compares more closely with CN, it's beautiful to use and smells more fragrant. It takes a little longer than CN to soften up peeling dry skin, but is moisturising enough to do this if left intact :)

It feels divine to use, so creamy and softening. Definitely brought my attention to pangea.

*Update: I still love this lip balm! I use it all the time. I love the lipstick size of the tube. I frequently use it as a base for lipstick, it's smooth and creamy and brings old pigments back to life. New HG :) I've come to prefer the slightly thicker formula over the slick chapstick naturals - now I just use CN when I need a deep treatment or can't find my pangea.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Classycass01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like the MUAer below, i received this balm in the March Birchbox. I actually really like this lip balm. It moisturizes my lips great! It smells really good, kind of has a waxy undertone but the orange smell mostly covers it. However, when i learned the price, i was shocked! To me, 12 bucks for a lip balm is too much. I mean, i know its organic but still, 12 dollars? Really? Not worth it in my opinion... I think this balm is very comparable and similar to EOS balms and those are 3.99 so i think once i run out of my Pangea Balm, im gonna go back to my EOS balms which is almost exactly the same good quality but 1/3 the price :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by ktmalady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I also rec'd this in my March Birchbox. I was surprised to hear it is so expensive! I really like the scent and it's a great lip balm, but $12 for pretty smelling regular old lip balm seems a tad steep.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by sheenab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so lucky to receive this in my March Birchbox delivery. Hands down, the very best lip balm that I've ever had the pleasure of slicking across my lips. The scent is absolutely enchanting, and the product delivers a well lasting moisture. Love it. They've won a new customer for life. It's a $12 lip balm, but the stick is far bigger than the average lip balm, and because it works & smells heavenly, I consider it a bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by GirlOverboard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is amazing. I'm not a rose person, but the rose in this is very subtle. It's very moisturizing (which is amazing because I have horribly dry lips,) and I can use it at night and my lips aren't dry and cracking in the mornings. It seems kinda pricy, but the tube is HUGE so it's more than worth the money. I'll definitely be keeping this around.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by kellycolts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice, light fragrance of rose, hydrating and gentle. Large stick to apply which I liked. I used this before I went to bed, doesn't last all night. $12