April 23, 2014 | 1973 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by morgannicole

This product was a win for me. Although I'm only 24, I'd like to start with anti-aging young. I noticed a difference immediately after using this. I was worried that my skin would react with dryness or flakiness because I do have a tendency towards dry skin, but I had no such reactions. The moisturizing ingredients such as hyaluronic acid seem to counteract the intensity of the retinol. This seems to really minimize the amount of acne I get combined with a good skin regimen, and when I do get a spot, I notice it heals much faster. Will definitely continue to repurchase, at least until I'm interested in trying something new! Would definitely recommend to those who would like to tread lightly into retinol use. For those used to higher concentrations though, this may not be strong enough for their liking.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by themisanthrope

I like this product a lot. I don't have any wrinkles but I guess at 25 I do have fine lines hanging around that I pretend don't exist. Anyway, I got this as gratis through my job and really liked it. A lot of the products I have recieved over the years I had no interest in purchasing on my own. They either felt too rich, or gave me clogged pores. I actually felt like this gave me just the right amount of moisture and I guess has an anti-wrinkle benefit as well. I can't tell you if this actually has some magical wrinkle reverse affect but I can say it does not break me out and I really enjoyed the texture. Products like Olay regenerist, proX, and that Garnier serum + moisturizer felt gross and left my forehead very clogged up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by oosez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I can't remember why I decided on this anti-aging product when I was already so happy with my Nivea Q10 night cream and Ponds Day White day cream, but I am incredibly happy I did! I am using both the day and the night cream.

While on my previous regime I felt moisturised, and it didn't break me out, after starting postgrad studies I started looking really sallow from exhaustion and lack of sleep. I switched to this on a whim and my skin has improved. I was told my skin was glowing after two days of use! I broke out with a huge huge pimple on the second day, but I was persistent and continued to use the creams while it cleared up, and my skin has been looking fresh and bright ever since. The texture of my skin is also much smoother and applying make-up actually makes my face look flat.

If I have any gripes they are superficial - the packaging isn't exactly pretty, but it is quite practical I suppose. Someone on here mentioned they found their face a bit oily with use, which I did notice, but it was negligible in my case (in any case, isn't a little oiliness good for the skin?). For me, I felt it moisturised well, and because I have normal skin, I think it will translate well over the different seasons with careful and measured use. Another reviewer mentioned how the day cream felt like an ointment. The consistency is a bit weird, thick, and gluggy, but it works, and I won't judge the product based on this alone. Price-wise, it was $30AUD each in Priceline, which I felt was a fair price. Not expensive, but still effective. Finally, I think my face is now a bit more pale than the rest of my body, which is still tan from Summer, due to the skin cell turnover. I'm sure it'll even out over Winter, but I wonder if my skin will stay even all over when Summer comes around again?

I am really happy with this product and will repurchase.

EDIT 23 Nov 2013
I went off these moisturisers because I thought I was getting a bit oily when the Spring hit (around September)... So I switched to the Simple brand, which was alright... but I stopped getting compliments on how fresh I looked. I've just come back to this set and again, my skins looks fresh, it glows, makeup application looks smoother and there's less discolouration in my skin. I don't think I'll change again! A worthwhile purchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

My mom didn't like this product, so she handed it to me. I actually liked the moisture and how it feels like it just sinks into your skin. However, I wore this for one day and it broke me out with multiple whiteheads :( I don't have sensitive skin, but many Neutrogena and some MAC products break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by azcohn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On the fence about this product, leaning south. I was looking for a decently priced daytime moisturizer and this one seemed to have good ratings, with some anti-aging ingredients thrown in. The first strike against it is its consistency, which is kind of ointment-y and off-putting. If I don't enjoy using it, I'm not going to use it, so that's a problem. The other downside is that, of course, it doesn't do squat for the wrinkles (I didn't really expect it to, so that's not really fair, but still...). Luckily, it's a small tube, so I'll just use it up and move on to something else. UPDATE: I've learned to love this moisturizer. It might even make it up to five lippies one of these days...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by southparkrules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product ruined my face, enough said.

3 days after I used this product, I developed serious rash on my cheek.and around my chin. The rash was so bad, I looked like a typical drug addict suffering from bad skin (due to drug use). But I am not a drug addict and was not one either.

Those areas were red first then they turned dark and became dark spots. My skin was also peeling a lot. I walked around with a lot of white peeling dead skin on my face.

Then I thought, maybe I could apply it on the smile lines and forehead since those areas didn't develop rash. I was naive to think I should hang in there, it might really reduce lines. Then it became clear to me that the skin on my forehead and smile lines was so dry and peeling crazy. There's no way it can reduce any line, isn't it? If it dries up your skin crazy, it actually makes your lines worse and more obvious.

So I threw the product away. I had never thrown any facial cream away. If it doesn't work, I always apply it on my legs to make good use of it. But I threw this one away because it ruined my skin.

Days later, I saw other reviews about this product on amazon.com, I found that I am not the only one getting serious rash from using this lousy product.

And this is the only facial cream that gave me rash. It never happened before with other products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

Even though Iím in my early 20ís I can already see Iím getting frown lines. I know wrinkles are a part of the aging process and Iíll have to live with them sooner or later but Iíll be okay with them when Iím in my 50ís, not 20ís. Anti-wrinkle creams are notorious for being so expensive and NOT work.

I decided to take baby steps and start off with a drugstore one. A friend recommended this one to me. Even though it has spf in it I use it in the morning and nighttime.

My skin is very acne-prone and this hasnít contributed in breaking my skin out which is a good start. It moisturizes alright and as for the anti-wrinkle powers I believe itís halting the process of my frown lies from becoming more prominent.

This stuff is about $20 a tube and a pea size amount is enough to cover my entire face. I managed to get my 2nd tube on sale on top of my 5% discount with my red target debit card so it came to around $16. Anyway, with skincare itís always easier to prevent than go through treatment so Iím going to keep using this to keep my wrinkles in check :>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by StilettoQueen7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

For reference, I have oily/acne-prone skin. I have this in the day version with the SPF. Great product, good amount of SPF, absorbs quickly and moisturizes without leaving me greasy or with clogged pores. The retinol in it definitely helps keep my acne at bay, and it is helping with peeling away the layers of scarring and red marks I have all over my cheeks and jawline. The packaging is excellent too, the metal tubing is so practical so I know I can get every last bit out. Overall a great product, and I will continue to repurchase, it has become a staple in my daily routine.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2012 8:26:00 AM More reviews by biancab16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have decreased my rating because after using this cream for a month or so I'm not so happy anymore. I find that this left my skin really oily after a few hours which is not idea. I don't want to be blotting every hour at the office.

So disappointed because this cream got rid of my scarring and pigmentation but I just can't deal with the oiliness anymore.

Side note: People have debated whether using an anti wrinkle cream at such a young age is a good idea and for me it is. If you have wrinkles already then there is no curing them - you can only fill them in with the collagen products. As soon as you stop you will start to see them again. Hence if you use a cream from a young age you can prevent the onset of wrinkles. Of course this has a lot to do with your genetic and whether you stay out of the sun as this is one of the major contributing factors to wrinkles. I never put my face in the sun and SPF in my moisturizer is very important.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this Retinol based cream both the daytime with SPF 20 w/Helioplex and night version. Both contain a time realeased version of a high grade Retinol along with Hyaluronic Acid for hydration. Consistent use of Retinol (which speeds up the exfoliation process and the cell renewal) will increase cloagen and elastin formation which intern speeds the renewall of Fibroblast reproduction.) Fibroblasts are what keep the skin tightly draped across the facial bones. Collagen and Elastin production maintain a finely textured outer skin making it look more even toned, firm, poreless and translucent. These are qualities found in young skin in abundence, but we loose this rapid turnover as we age. These products make skin repar itself in a much younger fashion. They are anti-ageing creams and are quite efficient at how they work. Most Highly Recommended!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No