November 24, 2014 | 2029 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - natural instincts cinnaberry

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by suzbcskin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This one color I get the absolute most compliments on my hair! I just wish I could find a permanent formula in the same color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by cb2013

This is a great product. I have used it several times and it has NEVER damaged my hair. My hair is brunette with natural blonde streaks so naturally I get different red shades on two different hair colors. My hair is thick and coarse but it's always soft after using this. Of all the reds I have tried, this is just what the box shows. Very red. Very awesome. And better than some dyes that are twice the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Firefly83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading these reviews and using this product myself I thought I'd point out a trend a noticed in the mixed opinions below....The few scathingly bad reviews seem to be coming from people with already processed hair, ie perms, previous dye jobs, high lights, etc. The majority of the reviews are luke warm to good, the best coming from people with hair like my own, medium-ish brown and medium-ish texture. So, I Would say if you have blonde hair (natural, dyed, or highlights), be careful trying this color, as it sounds like it will come out very cherry red. Those with darker hair and no high lights should be in good shape. Now, for MY experience with Natural Instincts Cinnaberry.

My hair is naturally a medium brown with hints of auburn, though recently it's been leaning more towards brown. I don't know if it's darkening as I age (I'm 29) or the natural coppery red auburn undertones are lacking due to less sun this year than the past 2 (worked out doors for a living through summer/spring/fall until this year). It's of medium texture and naturally curly. I was just looking for something to accentuate the natural red, not a drastic change, so I figured semi-permanent was perfect....and it is! If anything I'm going to leave it in longer next time for a redder effect, but it looks fantastic. The deep red is very, very subtle, but quite noticeably there, and the brown is damn near my natural color. I was taking my dogs out with my boyfriend, and I dragged him out of the trees into a bright sunny spot and asked how it looked (it was just air drying naturally, I don't blow dry) and he got a big smile on his face and said "Great!". Kept looking at me with a dopey grin on his face throughout the afternoon :p.

So to sum it up, I'm very pleased with this color, and while it's the first time I've dyed my hair in years, I plan on using this again within the month.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by sheenabeena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great color, however, I find myself washing several times a day to get the brown out. About a week into it, the beautiful red shade is at its best. Then I went to the salon and asked them to give me the permanent equivalent of what my hair looked like at that exact moment. So, I guess you can say I am a fan of the shade. It is good for people who are not looking to go to extreme but want some red. Natural Instincts always works the way it should.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by MilkBar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What garbage - it wrecked my hair. It ended up being 3 completely different colors - dark brown all around with bright red roots and dark red highlights around my face that in some places showed my original hair color (light brown/very dirty blond)! I never had such a terrible experience with hair dyes EVER and I even tried the cheaper "3 washes" colors that can be more difficult to work with. I would understand if that happened if my hair was already highlighted or after a dye job, but it was all grown back virgin hair! Just beyond horrible. Uhhh and I thought I was not risking if I used NON-permanent hair dye on myself :// Now I actually WILL have to spend that money at the salon that I was trying save :( Go to hell Clairol - will never buy anything by you EVER again!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by smilingsammy63

My friend and I were looking for semi-permanent dyes to use in our hair. It was summer, we were bored and looking for a change and this dye seemed perfect, semi-permanent and good for your hair? Great! She picked this for me and I agreed simply because I'd always wanted to add some red to my hair, while also making it darker. However, this turned my hair cherry red around my face and this dark, deep brown/red everywhere else. After applying in my hair, the water ran clear and I set it in a towel to dry. Remnants of the dye still remained until after I showered 2 times. Also, the dye surrounding my face must not have stuck because I was left with a ring of brown/blonde at the roots of my hair. Now, here I am a month later with this ugly color. The only thing I have to say is, this color begins to lighten pretty quickly but leaves you with this ugly brassy, color. I cannot wait for it to fade completely, although I doubt that'll happen before my first day of school in a week. fml.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by amagdalena

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used Clairol Natural Instincts for YEARS. Since the new re-do, I am MAJORALLY disappointed. The 2 Week touch up colored my scalp a bright orange. It is loaded with smelly perfume. I had to immediately try to shampoo it out. I miss the conditioner that lasted through the coloring period. Why do they change a good thing into a product that sucks? I will now after many years have to find a new product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by archgurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Cinnaberry comes out much darker than on the box. My hair looked like it was hopelessly saturated with purplish red dye. It turned my highlights bright red, which looked ridiculous. The water did not run clear when washing my hair for several days after coloring. People noticed it, commented on my change of haircolor, but never actually complimented the change. "Gee, did you do something to your hair? It looks...redder." I was very happy when this finally washed out after 5 weeks. It was so slow to come out of the highlights that I had to use Revlon's Medium Rich Brown to dye over the discoloration.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by sblewis

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this hair color for years and was always pleased with the results. Recently, however, Clairol changed the formulation and application process for the Natural Instincts line, and not for the better. I have tried the new formulation twice so far, and both times I have found the color is not evenly distributed. I do perm my hair, and for some reason the new formula comes out a different, lighter color on the permed portion of my hair. I have tried to put the hair color on the permed portion first, but this has had no effect. I also don't like that with the new formula you put the solution on dry hair rather than wet hair, as it makes it harder to distribute evenly throughout my hair. Don't know if this makes a difference.On the plus side, the color enhancer that you put on after 2 weeks does make the color last longer. I guess I'll have to try find another demi-permanent hair color to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by eredred

I wanted a medium auburn. I had highlights and used colorsilk medium auburn mixed with med. brown but the blonde bled through at the ends. i thought that a semi permanent would deposit color. boy did it. I came out with Cherry Red using this. not natural at all thank you Natural Instincts. They should not call in Cinnaberry but Cherry Red. Not an ugly color, except where i was blonde, took really cherry red. the product is very good to the hair. my hair looks great. nice condition but i was looking for a deposit only natural.. i have washed over five times and alittle came out. hopefully it will get better. It does STAY in good grief. if you have medium brown hair this will stain it a nice cherry red. Be careful if you have highlights. Overall the product does what it says. Be warned--This is REALLY RED. hope i help somebody. Use Colorsilk MEDIUM Auburn if you want a beautiful natural Medium Auburn. Cinnaberry is not Medium Auburn but a CHERRY RED.