November 26, 2014 | 1727 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmer in Raisin

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by VioletAutumn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Advantages: Gives you that pop of color in autumn and winter,lovely smell,nice tint

Disadvantages: can be to dark if you don't put it on correctly.
This was good product but way to expensive for me for sutch a small amount of product..

Okay, i understand that some people might get this and think'' omgoch its so dark and smeary'' well it is if you put it on wrong... this color is very awesome for a fall(autumn) and winter look, plus it hydrates your lips and gives a natural hint off peppermint smell
A lot of people when they try this they put it on as if it were lipstick and thinking that it will stay on like lipstick, well Burts Bees shimmer stick is not a lipstick and shouldn't be treated as if it were...this product is for people who don't like the thickness and gooey residue lipstick gives..This Product is a Tinted Lip Balm/Chap stick a little of it goes a long way.

for those of you who have a hard time geting this product to sit well, here is a tip: use a small brush or pinky finger and apply a small amount of product on the brush(or pinky) then brush it on your lips , don't smack your lips together or you will get a kind of redness (as if you played with your lips to much) if you want it darker add another thin layer. this product is build-able.

it really gives you that pop of color so many people need in the autumn or winter with out it looking over done, you can hardly see the shimmer, to me it looks more mat then shimmery...for a lip chap/balm the tint of color on your lips stays on for a reasonable amount of time, the product is small enough to fit anywhere (pocket or other)

Overall: i paid about 3 pounds for mine on ebay and i really love it,i was scared at first that it would be too strong a color but it is very workable ,you can make it light to dark.
in england retail price is 5.99
it's 100% Natural which is always a plus.

Burts bees came out with a new Tinted Lip Balm i'm going to try that instead since you get a lot more product for your money with that one.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by squint

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Such a pretty color and I like the peppermint flavor just fine... unfortunately, the Lip Shimmers formula is incredibly drying and/or irritating on me. Any time I use this stuff for color I wind up needing another lip balm to deal with the chapping. Too bad.

Also seems a bit overpriced for a fairly tiny amount of product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG out of all the BB's Lip Shimmers!! And I own them all! hehe.. I just adore the natural, high quality goodness that is Burt's Bees. But I digress... THIS shade of Lip Shimmer is a gorgeous, sheer, true red color with the signature, Lip Shimmer sheen. The shade applies sheerly and can be built up to a pretty intense, rich berry red. It feels super light on the lips and stays put for a surprisingly long time. It feels nourishing on the lips and keeps my lips supple and smooth during the harsh winter months. During the fall/winter months, I wear this over my BB's lip balm in Replenishing and/or Rejuvenating. In the summer, I wear it alone and even in the sweltering, Texas heat, it stays put even through meals! Like all BB's products, it's made of all natural ingredients and completely paraben free which is a rare thing these days. Once applied, it looks like a stain without the drying effects of your typical lip stains. I highly recommend this shade of Lip Shimmer as the shade is universally flattering for most skin tones!! 2nd favorite shade is Fig...

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by hummingfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A good deal for the money. The color goes on smoothly and stays on long - I barely need a touch-up after a meal. The shade is a pretty intense red, so all you need is just a light application. Nice packaging, smell, and texture. The only reason I won't buy this shade again is because I prefer more subtle colors - this is not at all a reflection on the quality of the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by SpiceGirl29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this colour and the peppermint scent. It works well, however I find it makes my lips peel more. It does moisturize, does not last very long. I like that it is a "natural" product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by joyfirend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this color. it's more like a lipstick than a stain or whatever they are trying to market it as. the problem with this product is the peppermint oil. why does burt's bees keep putting this in lip products? it burns my lips if they are chapped. something in the lip shimmers is extremely drying. i'll start out with normal soft lips, and then i'll apply burt's bees lip shimmer. by the end of the day my lips are totally dry and chapped. then the peppermint oil really starts to burn. ugh. so two lippies for pretty long lasting color. but other than that this product fails.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2009 1:22:00 AM More reviews by greenclover

This is a very nice shade of Burt's Bees lip shimmer. I give it 4 stars because reserve 5 stars for my favorite shade - fig. The raisin shimmer is an "earthy" as others mentioned red. It is not too brown though. It is burgundy/ brick red like, with the slightest slightest touch of pink. It is the reddest of the Burt's Bees lip shimmer shades I've tried so far. It is very nicely pigmented (i.e. not invisible) so a little goes a long way. You can apply alot for a deep red look or a bit for a lighter/ pinker look.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by cdubinlondon

Great rich colour lip balm. It is the perfect berry stain. Reminds me of Clinique almost lipstick in Black Cherry, but better for you. Natural and paraben free. Excellent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by OjosVerdes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like the consistency and texture of the Burt's Bees lip shimmers, as well as the refreshing minty taste. On me, this one shows up as a deep, warm & earthy red ... it's actually pretty dramatic against my light skin and I have to blot in order for it to not look garish ... not complaining, however, as the pigmentation is excellent for a lip balm. It does wear off quickly, as would most lip balms, but I agree that it stains the lips just a bit so you don't have to reapply as often as you would with others. In a pinch I'll use this as a cream blush as well. It's a bit sticky, but gives me a nice glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by jennyb1973

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love the lip shimmers .....watermelon is my favorite, i also love the cool minty feeling it gives your lips.