August 22, 2014 | 1613 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Dsquared² Greasepaint Stick in B

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I wanted to see the hype over greasepaint sticks, and I have to say I don't get it. I found no use for this product. I couldn't use it as a liner because it was too thick, messy and applied unevenly. As far as a shadow - well, I have no use for a dark shimmery tar-like shadow. Maybe it works for the teen goths, but not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

I found MAC's Greasepaint Stick in B at my local CCO; once I swatched it on my the back of my hand, it was true love. The color was exactly the kind of blue I like to wear on my eyes -- a darkened bright blue with shimmer. I quickly bought one for myself and wore it the next day. After about a week of wear, my love has diminished slightly, although it has nothing to do with the color. Rather, I think a couple of slight adjustments need to happen in order for this to be a 5 lippie product. First, I don't know what it is about this particular Greasepaint but it smells. It smells chemical-y. Not bad enough that it makes my eyes water, but you definitely will smell it. I thought mine had gone bad, but I've noted on a couple of beauty blogs that others found this to be true, too. And only of this particular shade! Second, I think the greasepaint sticks, collectively, could stand to be just a wee bit thinner, but this is because I use mine as thick eyeliners, NOT as eyeshadows or an eyeshadow base. Although there is a sharpener attached at the bottom, it doesn't do the best job of sharpening to enough of a point for me to get a thick yet well-defined line. I think this has more to do with the circumference of the product, and less with the sharpener. Overall, however, this does not smudge on me, the lasting power is phenomenal, and like I said -- it's a gorgeous blue that every brown-eyed girl (and boy, if you like) should own.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by MiniHorsey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do love the color of this stick but I tend not to reach for it too often b/c of how bright it can look (not the product's fault, just my taste in m/u). Mostly, I line my bottom lash line with it and it does have great staying power on the waterline. It has a crayon smell to it but that's not a big problem for me. If you like fat pencils, this is a good one though I tend to have a hard time with precise application b/c of its size. Overall, a good product that I'm glad to have bought, but not a must-have for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by nekroze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

the only thing i regret is that i didnt buy all the shades.it is a great solution for my oily eyes.a little hard to apply but doesnt look important since it is longlasting and greatly pigmented

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love the greasepaint sticks. They're everything that I had hoped the shadesticks would be. I put on my eye shadow primer (I prefer Too Faced Shadow Insurance for my oily lids), then I put on the grease paint stick, and use either a brush or my finger tip to even it out. Then I pat a shadow on top of it. I've done some amazing smoky looks with this purple. I own Black, V and B, and will be picking up any new colors that come out. The packaging is ok. If you're not careful taking the lid off you can accidentally take off some of the product. You can use an angled eyeliner brush if you want to use this as precise liner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think the concept is great, but I dont care for the texture of these. I dont find that the spread around the lid very well, and they tend to crease up wicked bad.

They are great if you want a smudged, messy look, but if you want a nice clean smokey look use shadow or even Blackground paint pot with a shadow or pigment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mac prices are very reasonable and the quality is very good as for this item there is no exception, just recieved it in a swap because it was sold out everywhere!I love the intensity of the color, I will use it as a base or a eye crease color when I need more drama.I hope they bring these paint sticks back because seems like they are very popular.I have most of the paint pots and the shadesticks by Mac, they are similar but these paint sticks are more smoother and more intense in color.I love Mac and will always keep repurchasing until I die.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

looks beautiful. tried it with parrot on top today and it looked amazing. great product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this greasepaint stick! Is rich dark blue with a bit of shimer. The staying power is pretty good make sure you use a primer so it wont go all over the place....over all ---- I ♥ it!