July 23, 2014 | 1173 users online

Loose Powders - NARS - Loose Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by vwzen81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder is just okay for me, nothing great. I ran out of my favorite loose powder (Laura Mercier) and decided I wanted to try something new for the heck of it. Well, I should have stuck with what works. Iím an NC10-15 and ordered the Snow color; it matches me perfectly. I also like the packaging; typical Nars matte black container with a nice mesh sifter. That is pretty much where my likes end with this powder. When first applied this powder looks amazing, I am talking airbrushed finish. But after it has been on my skin for about 3-4 hours and mixes with my natural oil and foundation it starts to look heavy and cakey. It also does not keep my t-zone matte for very long and if I try to blot with my oil control pressed powder from Neutrogena it just starts looking like a hot mess. So, I ended up reordering my Laura Mercier powder and now Iíve got a full tub of this Nars powder thatís going to just sit there unused.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder really keeps my oil at bay in the hot humid weather and it also gives you that beautiful velvety soft touch to the skin. I got this in beach and it's perfect for my NC30-35 yellow skin. You get a lot of product and the price is good for a high end product.. but, I really do HATE the packaging. I had to transfer some of the powder to another container.. I would repurchase this again just because it performs really well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best.powder.ever. I have used this as a setting powder over foundation, and also just over moisturizer/spf before leaving for the day. It lasts ALL day long with no need for touch up. No separating or shininess later either. I've used MAC, Lancome, Chanel, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown and Makeup Forever. NARS offers the best coverage, wth the most natural look, that lasts the longest, with the best color, for the best value. For reference my skin does whatever the hell it wants to do, sometimes oily, sometimes bone dry, and this works with ALL of my skin changes and any corresponding products I need to change it with. I've been using it for nearly 5 years now. HG4ME.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by bunnylove07

MY HG POWDER OF ALL TIME! I purchased this online from Nordstrom (there is no Sephora in Australia and I find Mecca Cosmetica assistants to be really snobby and rude). After briefly researching on the internet, I thought "Beach" would be the best shade for my MAC NC 25-30 Asian-yellow undertone skin...and guess what?! It is a perfect match! I was so excited when it came through the mail because of the rave reviews. I agree with other reviews out there, the packaging for this product sucks...It gets so messy that I have to use a small powder puff to prevent powder from falling out of the container. However despite the crappy packaging I LOVE this powder and I don't think I will ever stop using this product! It always gives me an even and flawless glow. I have combination skin, so after a few hours my natural oils slowly begin to seep out and I get this natural dewy glow that I really love! I have used this powder for many formal events including weddings and it is very photo-friendly! The powder is finely milled and I have never had an adverse reaction to this product.

The only downside is the packaging however the powder is absolutely perfect and I will continue to repurchase this product no matter what! It comes in a whopping 35g container and I highly recommend this product...for the price, quality and quantity you won't be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Took my sweaty, humidity struck face in the summer and made it look fresh. In the winter, doesn't irritate dry skin, but gives a polished look while setting makeup and absorbing sweat, oil. lasts a long time and the packaging gives a sifter for extra choices when applying and a vintage puff that looks really chic and classic.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by mi55bonnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

So far this is my favorite loose powder at the moment because it has a good oil control for me. I have dry combi skin. It stays naturally through out the day, even when the weather is hot, I just have to dab and my face would remain the same. I use this after sunblock but I have to apply this with puff not with powder brush because powder brush gonna make my face looks cakey. People said the packaging suck but I don't know because I'm not bought the full size yet. This powder is doing a better job than Mac select sheer loose powder and Mufe super matte loose powder. I have this in Flesh (NC 20). I hope this powder not gonna make me break out because I'm thinking about buying the full size.
Edit: I think I found my HG loose powder. It blends very well with my mufe hd foundation and doesn't make me look cakey and it really has a good oil control. Love it...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok, so this loose powder isn't actually my fave. Just to let you know, I use this with a powder brush, not the puff that comes with it. To be fair, this powder does even out my skin and does last all day. BUT, it sank into my lines :((. It's also not very smooth n caked up on my face. I usually wash my powder brush every 5 days, but using this, I need to wash it in like 2-3 days, it leaves a lot residue on the brush, cakey cakey.. oh ya, the packaging sucks too, I get a cloud of powder everytime I open the box. Bulky and I can't take it with me when I travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Kamilahafidz

I'm a sucker for loose powder and tried many products before but i have to say that this is the best! It blends perfectly, with or without foundation or bb cream. I used laura mercier, MAC, clinique and kanebo before but this one beats all. It stays naturally through out the day, even when the weather is hot, I just have to dab and my face would remain the same. Love the product but not the packaging though..really messy and wasting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Please Nars, sort out the packaging on this powder as it seriously sucks!

Mine only arrived this week as I had road tested this for a day after being made over at Space NK, and I really liked the finish, and colour match (I have this in Beach and am NC/W 20-25 depending on the foundation). In the (messy) tub it looks scarily orange, but it matches my skin tone perfectly (and I am no oompa loompa!).

So anyway, like I said, it arrived and I was so excited to get this - only to open the box and a tonne of powder literally poofed into the air smothering me with this powder. Not a good start. Off to the sink to give it a good clean out and it all looks pretty again (the packaging in a clean state looks lovely and is large, compared to most). But I am almost too scared to open it again, so will have to be armed with towels. I have owned loose powders before but this is mess city. Be warned!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Kkate142

This is one of my favorite powders ever.It is very finely milled so it is not noticible on my skin at all like some other powders.I like the finsh this gives:somewhat matte natural: depending on how much you put on.The shades are pretty nice too.I currently do not wish to get and figure out what shade I have but it matches pretty good.The only thing I don't like is the packaging, it is cute but really messy for me so you have to be very careful