April 18, 2014 | 1170 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Midnight Affair

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Taylorbryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can get 6-7 days of this polish with barely noticeable tip wear (Orly bonder base, SHID top coat). Actually, it's the only nail polish I've kept on that long because I loved the color and finish so much. I have an estimated eight billion almost-black nail polishes, and love them all dearly, but I keep coming back to this one. Revlon's nail polishes are fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by tkc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this nail polish but I have to agree with a lot of people. It dosent have enough shimmer. I brought midnight affair just bc I liked the shimmers i saw in the bottle (I'm a girl who hardly wear shimmers at all) and needed a nice polish for new years n thought this would be perfect but after 2 coats of the nail polish it's more of a dark blue. I doubt I'll buy the nail polish again bc I don't think I'll finish the bottle but it is a pretty colour! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Revlon's 'Midnight Affair' is my go-to pedicure colour. I prefer dark hues on my tootsies and this looks great with my pale skin. It's a wonderfully striking contrast.

I find it applies very easily, but it will need at least 2 coats to get it even. Now that I think about it, I really do need to get back-ups. So yup, I'm planning to buy this polish again once I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

This shimmery deep navy blue polish goes opaque in 2 coats. The formula is a bit runny and messy but is smooth and glossy when dry and a little clean up around the nail is done.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is what I wanted Russian Navy to be. Gorgeous color that stays true to what you see in the bottle. Really love the wear on these Revlon polishes - they last forever with a good base and top coat.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by edenholly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted so much to love this polish but I just can't. It looks gorgeous in the bottle - a deep, shimmery navy. Unfortunately - as others have said - it ends up being matte and dark enough it could easily be mistaken for black.

The formula isn't great - it's a bit too thick and gloopy. I ended up having bubbles all over my nails. And no matter how well I wrap my tips, the colour starts pulling away from them before it's even finished drying. It also chips pretty badly if left on too.

Judging from the other reviews, maybe I just got a bad bottle, but it's not such a special colour that I'll bother trying again, I'll just find a similar colour from a different brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by emilysin

The colour looks reeeally niice in the bottle. But once you slap 2layers on............ You just feel like bursting out in tears. The gorgeous blue microglitter shimmer hides so well, that you never get to see it. BUT its a beautiful navy. Not unique. But its just beautiful. The colour is not as harsh as black, which is quite good for pale skin. Application was a dream. Dried fast. Shiny. Can be compared to OPI's russian navy, except that russian navy has some red microglitter. Will repurchase. But i dont think i can ever finish this bottle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 5:16:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I usually stick to mostly creme finishes with polish, but decided to try this out since the colour is absolutely gorgeous and I just couldn't resist! The name of this polish lives up to its colour. It is a deep sapphire blue with some slight silver reflex and silver shimmer. Sometimes it can look a little close to black (depending on light). The formula of this polish was quite easy to work with and I felt happy with just one coat since two enhanced the ''black look'' from this polish. Pretty pleased with it and glad I purchased it! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Kusuriurii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I want to say that I am very disappointed with this color. I was really excited to find a nice, and inexpensive dark blue coloration. But I was sadly mistaken, every time I have painted this color on my nails the polish has come out matte and almost black with no hint of blue what so ever. :I Not to mention that the formula came out sort of thick and didn't glide on well. Sad to say but I will not buy this color form revlon again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by anyeji

I love this polish! It glides on easily and only one coat is really needed (I always put on two). It also doesn't stain the nails and comes easily off the cuticles if you happened to paint over them. It lasts for about a week without chipping without a top coat!