November 22, 2014 | 1917 users online

Pressed Powders - Jemma Kidd Makeup School - OnSet Mattifying Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The product itself is good. It has a natural, very natural actually, finish and it's not powdery or cake-y. BUT.... There are only three shades to chose from, I am lucky, the medium shade matched, you only get a small amount of product, it's kinda expensive, and finally, mine crumbled in MY PURSE the third day I had it. I tried the powder at Target and it was a choice between the Jemma Kidd powder or the NP Set powder. I liked the finish of JK's the best and I also liked the mattifying quality. I like the powder, beautiful finish, but the packaging alone will prevent me from buying it again. And no, Target has stingy return policies so I was unable to even switch for a new one. All in all, decent powder, horrible packaging, and only a small amount for a lot of money. I don't want to have to transfer my makeup into a different container unless is cheap, like E.L.F. or Wet n Wild. I won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am using this in "Mid" over JK's Pro Finish Moisture Tint in "Mid-Dark". The only other powder I truly love is Mac's Blot, but this one is just as good if not better. It goes on silky smooth, translucent yet enough color to help skin look better, and leaves behind no chalky residue or flat matte look behind! Absorbs oil really well, and I'm super oily. It's priced the same as other HE pressed powders so I can't really complain about that. One thing I don't like is that the compact has has no mirror, making it impractical 4 touchups. However it is one of the top two pressed powders on the market (IMO) and I will def. repurchase!