September 2, 2014 | 1546 users online

Polishes - Hard Candy - Hypnotic (# 53)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by IrishGirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

For me Hypnotic is everything I wanted Petticoat Pink and French Cuff to be in nail polish form. 2 coats were sufficient to get the color where I wanted it to be, a nice light pink with hints of gold shimmer. I noticed no bubbles and it went on smoothly with no base coat. So far the 3 days I have been wearing Hypnotic it hasn't chipped yet, no top coat either. 2 thumbs up from me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by ggslancaster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hypnotic is a peachy pink frosty polish, a rosier & slightly blingier cousin of OPI's Cozu Melted in the Sun. This is one of the 16 colors in the new launch of the Hard Candy make-up line in select WalMart stores in the US in fall '09.

Once known for edgy, unusual colors & products, the market has caught up to Hard Candy (at least regarding nail polish) as none of the new colors is particularly unusual now. There are some interesting polishes in this collection, I will be trying, but I wouldn't repurchase Hypnotic. OPI Cozu Melted ITS did this concept better.

Application was somewhat streaky, and I needed 3 coats to get the opacity I wanted. As you layer more coats the finish becomes more foil-like. The brush is small, and nothing to write home about, but was adequate. (The other HC cremes & glitters that I swatched applied more smoothly than this one, with good coverage at 1 coat for some, and definitely with 2.)

See below for a pic of the HC bottles which are going for "cute" in their squat square design, and the accompanying ring. Like the old ones, the new bottles still come with a "matching" plastic ring snugged up on the cap. These sell for $5. US currently, for .35 oz,, which seems a little high to me for this line & the small size bottle.

Note: Nail wheel photo I attached to the review has swatches of 11 colors, 2 coats@, no top coat. I have Hypnotic on my thumb in the pic, with at least 3 coats, but probably 4.
Also, the slight bubbling seen in my mani pics, uploaded for the review, is probably due to the treatment basecoat & ridgefiller I had on under the polish, rather than the polish formula.