September 30, 2014 | 2071 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Bobbi Brown - Tinted Eye Brightener

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by meadowmaker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have a problem with darkness under your eyes this highly pigmented product works double time as corrector and brightener. I have Bisque 3. It completely hides the brownish hue on my light olive complexion. Great staying power as well- dries down quickly. Really happy I found this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by stcloud

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never bought a concealer or special makeup to brighten my eye area. I don't have dark circles and didn't think that I needed a product like this. When I visited a Bobbi Brown counter for help with a foundation, the assistant applied this to me along with the under eye corrector. What a difference! When I got out of the shop and looked at myself in the mirror in my car in daylight, I couldn't believe the difference. I looked like I had had an eye lift. When my husband saw the result, he pushed me to buy both the corrector and the brightener. The difference made me realise that I did have a darker blue/grey shadow at the inner corners of my eyes that was actually making my eyes look shadowed and tired. I would highly recommend this product. Although I am not someone who feels the need to wear makeup daily, I will definitely be at least using both of these products from now on whenever possible.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Celestial_Sky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the newly packaged Tined Eye Brightener in the tube with the doe foot applicator released January 2013. I was curious about this product after seeing Gossmakeupartist review on it. I went and got Porcelain Peach. As Gossmakeupartist said, this is not meant to cover up dark circles but instead used to brighten the undereye area. I thought this was perfect since I don't have dark circles but would love a brightening affect. My biggest fear was that it would crease under my eye. I applied this and blended it out and set it with Benefit's Camouflage Powder. The effect was amazing!! No creasing all day and blended perfectly with my NC25 skintone to give a natural brightening affect under my eyes. I wasn't expecting to like it so much and saved the box and receipt but this is definitely a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by itsgail

Thank goodness for Gossmakeupartist for alerting me to this gem! As the reviewer below me has explained so elegantly, this used to be rather unreasonably priced - but in an unprecedented turnaround this has been relaunched and now trumps all the aforementioned products at 6ml/ 0.2 floz.And it's now £19.50!

Well now onto the product... Wow this sure does brighten! I was matched to porcelain peach and it is perfect. My undereyes have been getting steadily darker (sob) but this rewinds to the time when I had no noticeable shadow. The texture is silky and instantly melds to the skin. Although I can understand the merits of Benefit erase paste and BB corrector in the pots, I never truly liked the creamy texture. This is like the texture of Armani famed master corrector but that is hideously expensive and I think this works just as well (at least for now).

I highly recommend this and in fact so overjoyed was I that I rushed back to get a backup as I always fear that when something is this good, it might be 'reformulated' /'reissued' (inevitably as smaller) or worse yet d/c because the best things often are (yes I am bitter and cynical). I still cannot believe BB brought this out as bigger and cheaper - as Gossmakeupartist said, this little tube would actually be £94 by their former reckoning! Insane and proof if ever it was needed that we pay for the packaging. Gone is the clicky pen (which I don't care for anyway) and now it's in a doe foot applicator. All the shades have a slight peach or pink undertone and the SA seem quite good at advising you of the best shade. I would never have managed to pick the right one alone. All in all this is so far my best purchase of 2013! And yes there have already been several purchases, half a month is plenty of time....! Go buy this and enjoy.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by MrsJustie

I used to use this BB creamy Corrector and concealer but I used it all up within one month! I searched and found a dupe for a better value. It's the Paula Dorf Total Camouflage. But now I use the Benefit Erase Paste cause that ever works better than the last two and is more product for less $. yey! So I guess I think this Bobbi Brown is a rip off now, you get such a little amount of product compared to the Paula Dorf and the Benefit.

- Bobbi Brown Corrector: 0.06oz/1.7g $22.00 (rip off, good product but c’mon Bobbi. )
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer: 0.06 oz./1.7g $22.00 (so if you use both like me that's $44)
- Paula Dorf Total Camouflage: 0.1oz / 3g $23.00
- Benefit Erase Paste: 0.15 oz $26 So for $3.00 more than Total Camouflage you get .05 oz more product, and you only have one step not two. This is my HG for my blue under-eyes.

Hope this helps someone save $ and time :)

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by suesu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i wanted to like this! i had high expectations for this product since i already have used the pot form thats discontinued now! the pot form is WAY different. the pot is so much better. better coverage, better brightening effect than the pen! its also a bit thicker or i should say the pen is too thin! it does nothing! sorry but dont get your hopes up about this product because its not like the old version.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by tonifrancisca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such an awesome product.Way, way better than Bobbi Brown's Corrector or concealer because of its texture. Its so smooth and glides so well on your under eye and the coverage is full. This is definitely a staple product for me. It brightens instantly and radiates your face as soon as you finish applying it.

Would definitely buy this again, replacing the corrector i always use, which i thought was great, but this one is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by deandanl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Go out and buy this stuff! It's amazing amazing amazing! I will never ever go without! It gets rid of any darkness you may have and it had great coverage, feels like silk. It's my newest obsession!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is one I can never do without. I wear it every day, and look like I have two shiners (allergy shiners) without it. I use a drop of squalane and let it soak into the undereye area first before I dab a splotch onto the dark arc under my eyes. I've tried a brush but the brush marks show and there is way too much waste of a precious product.

After 10 minutes or so, I smooth out the product which has no moisturizing properties to it. The brightness and lightening effects are terrific. I almost look normal. Then I add a touch of the Bobbi Brown corrector and, if I wear foundation that day, a pat of the Bobbi Brown concealer. My skin is MAC NC25 and the tones in these products, especially the Eye Bright, match perfectly. I applaud this company for getting these products right because if your eyes look haggard, tired, and woefully dark because of the allergens in the air (my personal situation), it doesn't matter what eye makeup or foundation you wear.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

omg.. this is the BEST undereye cover/illuminator I have used... better than YSL touche eclat and similar products.

I have shade 1 and I use it over my BB Eye cream, and it smooths out beautifully, covers the last remains of a sleepless night and makes me look young and refreshed. For this alone, this is worth the money!

The texture of this product is like a whipped mousse -- smooth and creamy. It spreads divinely and gives that special glow with only a very small amount of product, so despite it's price it will last a long time.

The one thing I do not like about it is the inner plastic cover -- it is hard to remove (unlike MUFE who put a small tab on their cream products which can be pulled up) and once removed, it moves around and the cream gets on your fingers, brush, or you simply pick up way too much product. You do not need much of this to spread on your eyes, cheek bones or anywhere else. There is no GLIMMER.. which is a bonus for me at my age as I truly hate glimmer or glitter. This is a subtle sheen which is amazing.

I have taken off a lippie for the packaging which bums me out everytime I lose product --- I will have to spatula it out and get rid of the plastic inner liner once and for all, but I will definitely repurchase.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No