Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener

3.9

on 5/20/2015 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is a nice eye brightener. i use it to brighten up my dark circles. i have it in light to med peach 7 and am nc25-30. its very light. doesnt crease. but coverage is not good. need to use it over something else. i like it though but its pricy. i have the one with the doe foot applicator

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't even know what this product is supposed to do - is it the equivalent of a tinted moisturiser for the eyes? All I know is that for my dark circles, this doesn't do anything. It barely covers anything and it's gone within half an hour. Also, it doesn't improve the skin around my eyes in any way, so I would definitely not recommend this for people with serious dark circles.

*This review is for the Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener with the tube packaging and doe foot applicator.
~This is probably the best concealer I've ever used. It is creamy, but still weightless under the eye. It applies great either on bare skin or over a moisturizer. I would describe the coverage as medium to full, depending on how you build it up. Even if you apply a few layers, it still looks remarkably skin-like. It makes me look well rested, and I even use it as a highlighter on my nose and brow bone. It contains brightening licorice extract, so it helps the brighten the under eye area even after you take it off. It is expensive, but my last tube lasted my almost an entire year. A little goes such a long way!The only bad thing about this product is the packaging. The inside of the tube where you twist the applicator back on doesn't snap on very tight, so it tends to get covered in product. Other than that, A+. Bobbi Brown is amazing.

on 2/12/2015 4:09:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't use much eye concealers, so I thought this brightener can help to reduce my (occasional) dark circles. I purchased the Light to medium peach color for my fair to medium skin tone. I have pretty much finished the tube but unfortunately I don't find this product does much at all. If I have a slightly richer eye cream, this brightener would slide all over the place, if my eyes are slightly dryer, it would sink into my fine lines and accentuate them. It works well as an eye lids primer.

Perhaps I didn't get the right shade, but I can't see any brightening effects. I don't think it worth the 20 quid.

on 3/11/2014 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

If you have a problem with darkness under your eyes this highly pigmented product works double time as corrector and brightener. I have Bisque 3. It completely hides the brownish hue on my light olive complexion. Great staying power as well- dries down quickly. Really happy I found this.

on 3/29/2013 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have never bought a concealer or special makeup to brighten my eye area. I don't have dark circles and didn't think that I needed a product like this. When I visited a Bobbi Brown counter for help with a foundation, the assistant applied this to me along with the under eye corrector. What a difference! When I got out of the shop and looked at myself in the mirror in my car in daylight, I couldn't believe the difference. I looked like I had had an eye lift. When my husband saw the result, he pushed me to buy both the corrector and the brightener. The difference made me realise that I did have a darker blue/grey shadow at the inner corners of my eyes that was actually making my eyes look shadowed and tired. I would highly recommend this product. Although I am not someone who feels the need to wear makeup daily, I will definitely be at least using both of these products from now on whenever possible.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a review for the newly packaged Tined Eye Brightener in the tube with the doe foot applicator released January 2013. I was curious about this product after seeing Gossmakeupartist review on it. I went and got Porcelain Peach. As Gossmakeupartist said, this is not meant to cover up dark circles but instead used to brighten the undereye area. I thought this was perfect since I don't have dark circles but would love a brightening affect. My biggest fear was that it would crease under my eye. I applied this and blended it out and set it with Benefit's Camouflage Powder. The effect was amazing!! No creasing all day and blended perfectly with my NC25 skintone to give a natural brightening affect under my eyes. I wasn't expecting to like it so much and saved the box and receipt but this is definitely a keeper.

on 1/14/2013 11:08:00 AM

Thank goodness for Gossmakeupartist for alerting me to this gem! As the reviewer below me has explained so elegantly, this used to be rather unreasonably priced - but in an unprecedented turnaround this has been relaunched and now trumps all the aforementioned products at 6ml/ 0.2 floz.And it's now £19.50!

Well now onto the product... Wow this sure does brighten! I was matched to porcelain peach and it is perfect. My undereyes have been getting steadily darker (sob) but this rewinds to the time when I had no noticeable shadow. The texture is silky and instantly melds to the skin. Although I can understand the merits of Benefit erase paste and BB corrector in the pots, I never truly liked the creamy texture. This is like the texture of Armani famed master corrector but that is hideously expensive and I think this works just as well (at least for now).

I highly recommend this and in fact so overjoyed was I that I rushed back to get a backup as I always fear that when something is this good, it might be 'reformulated' /'reissued' (inevitably as smaller) or worse yet d/c because the best things often are (yes I am bitter and cynical). I still cannot believe BB brought this out as bigger and cheaper - as Gossmakeupartist said, this little tube would actually be £94 by their former reckoning! Insane and proof if ever it was needed that we pay for the packaging. Gone is the clicky pen (which I don't care for anyway) and now it's in a doe foot applicator. All the shades have a slight peach or pink undertone and the SA seem quite good at advising you of the best shade. I would never have managed to pick the right one alone. All in all this is so far my best purchase of 2013! And yes there have already been several purchases, half a month is plenty of time....! Go buy this and enjoy.

on 3/21/2011 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to use this BB creamy Corrector and concealer but I used it all up within one month! I searched and found a dupe for a better value. It's the Paula Dorf Total Camouflage. But now I use the Benefit Erase Paste cause that ever works better than the last two and is more product for less $. yey! So I guess I think this Bobbi Brown is a rip off now, you get such a little amount of product compared to the Paula Dorf and the Benefit.

- Bobbi Brown Corrector: 0.06oz/1.7g $22.00 (rip off, good product but c’mon Bobbi. )
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer: 0.06 oz./1.7g $22.00 (so if you use both like me that's $44)
- Paula Dorf Total Camouflage: 0.1oz / 3g $23.00
- Benefit Erase Paste: 0.15 oz $26 So for $3.00 more than Total Camouflage you get .05 oz more product, and you only have one step not two. This is my HG for my blue under-eyes.

Hope this helps someone save $ and time :)

on 2/6/2011 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i wanted to like this! i had high expectations for this product since i already have used the pot form thats discontinued now! the pot form is WAY different. the pot is so much better. better coverage, better brightening effect than the pen! its also a bit thicker or i should say the pen is too thin! it does nothing! sorry but dont get your hopes up about this product because its not like the old version.

Popular Primer/ Correctors