August 22, 2014 | 1244 users online

Styling Products - Paul Mitchell - Hot Off the Press

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by dauncey07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! So glad I finally splurged on it (since it is a but pricey) but worth every penny! It smells wonderful and doesn't leave my hair sticky (I will agree with below reviewer - if you find your hair sticky, you're using too much!) If I am flat ironing, I only spray this on the top sections and my hair stays straight, no fly-aways, no frizz and shiny all day! As for curl, I wouldn't say it holds the curl (it needs a little assistance from hair spray) I will forever be using this stuff! Definitely a great purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by misscherstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This by far is my favorite thermal protection spray! If people are complaining about the product being to sticky they are more then likely spraying too much. You have to quickly and lightly spray the sections you are going to flat iron, once the iron goes over those sections you cant feel any type of stickiness. This product really helps manages frizzy hair and humidity!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by LeNatalie

I've been using this product for a year. I love it for curling my hair. It's just really quick and easy to use. And I love it's fruity scent :) With some spray on heat protectants, after you apply it you have to wait for the product to dry, but this is an aerosol and it drys right away so that you can curl/ flat iron your hair immediately after applying it. The reason that I rated this 4 out of 5 is that It is not my favorite to flat iron with; It doesnt have give my hair enough sheen.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by ksjackman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had this product recommended to me quite a few times and I'm very pleased with it. It doesn't make my hair sticky or wet. Infact, I didn't know if it was even coming out at first because it dried so quickly on my hair. Before I flatiron my hair, I will spray it on about 10 inches away from my head quickly and brush my hair. It doesn't feel like I have a heavy product in but it holds the style of my short hair very well.
If my hair were longer, I'm not sure if I would trust this product to hold as well as it does though. My hair is pretty wieghtless as is at the moment so it just gives it an extra bit of control, I suppose.
Overall, I like it and it makes my hair smell great all day long.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this after seeing TiffanyD use it in her curling iron tutorial.....total waste of money. Makes hair stiff and sticky, doesn't protect anything, hair did not hold a curl any better than when I used my $3 Tresemme hairspray. Plus the nozzle totally clogged after one use. Would NOT recommend.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by iceglamour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

All I can say about this product is, 'wow'! This leaves my hair so silly smooth, smells FANTASTIC, and is so easy and managable.

To the ladies who experienced issues with it, first of all I hope your product was purchased through a salon or hair stylist. Any Paul Mitchell product bought online or in store runs the risk of being counterfeit or contaminated. Also, I find that it works best when I divide my hair into sections, hold the can 10 or so inches from my head, give a light spray, and then comb through my hair before styling. I have never experienced stickiness or wetness with this product.

The price, I think, is fair. I payed around $16 for it, which is more than some drugstore products, but it also works so much better than any drug store product. It's the best styling heat protectant I've used and the price is far less than other high end brands, such as bumble & bumble. Plus, the product lasts. I'd say it is more than worth the price.

Overall, I am in love with this product, and highly suggest it! (P.S. did i mention it smells like fruity candy deliciousness?! ;p)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by yourdearjuliet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was probably one of the worst heat protectants I've ever used. It makes my hair sticky and hardly "protects" anything! Plus even a little makes your hair completely wet, although it dries fast. It says that you can "finish your style" with it but if you just straightened your hair I wouldn't recommend it. It has water in it and acts more like water than hairspray, it'll make it worse. Won't be buying again'.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Adeline92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this as a finishing spray unlike what it is supposed to be used for, a heat protectant. It works well in assisting my style since I work at a coffee chop where there is a lot of heat and steam. It prevents any frizz and puts my stray hairs in place after I've already styled using whatever pomade I chose. The only reasons I wouldn't buy it again is the price, and that it's not a must have, as any anti-frizz hair spray works the same for me with my pixie cut.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by LisaJansen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know how this product got some good reviews from some users. This is literally the worst beauty product I have ever used, period. It takes me for ever to wash then blowdry then flat iron my endless amount of hair, so imagine my frustration when I'm almost done with the process, decide to try this product for the first time before ironing, and it makes my hair so sticky and hard as straw that I need to actually wash my hair and blowdry all over again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by dewyglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did not notice any difference in the condition of my hair. Hair still felt dry so don't feel it was protecting it very well. Also it did not help keep my hair straight after using my ghds.
Contains alcohol.