The Body Shop Aloe Gentle Exfoliator

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera Gel) (Skin Soothing Agent), Pentylene Glycol (Solvent), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate Citrate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Solum Diatomeae (Diatomaceous Earth) (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Sorbitol (Humectant), Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides (Emollient), Isononyl Isononanoate (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Jojoba Esters (Skin-Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Myristyl Myristate (Emollient), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier).

on 8/18/2015 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Whoa, first time I use it last night, I am impressed and amazed! What an amazzzing product. First I surfed internet, looking for this product review, I'm so interested because I desperately looking for a good exfoliator for my sensitive skin. I do worried because the first and last time I used tbs skincare product was just tea tree skin clearing facial wash just broke me out.
But instead of remember about the past, I think I should give this aloe exfoliator a try. So I bought it for about $14 , because I got 17% discount here for celebrating independence day.

-This has a creamy texture with small beads, but I can really feel them scrubbing my face. Unlike my diy tea bag [(mask + exfoliator) I do have a review about that], which is more gentle than the aloe exfoliator.
-I use about an inch for whole face
-Smells kinda weird, but I'm totally fine with it
- I do it at night, right before going to bed

-So I first cleanse my face with Kose Nature&co Pure Cleansing milk
-Wash with Kose Sekkisei Liquid Wash
-Prepare a face towel soaked in hot water and put on my face for couple minute, instead of steaming my face, too lazy
-Start exfoliate with aloe gentle exfoliator, really gently and slowly. Make sure the whole face dead cell is completely removed. Especially my nose, chin, stack of black and white heads, gosh
-Rinse with lukewarm water. Voila! Smoother, supple, clearer complexion, totally impressed.
-Then I mask with a real aloe vera plant
-Followed by Sekkisei Lotion and Shiseido moisturizer (I reviewed both)
--The next morning the difference I notice is that my skin is still smother. I will keep exfoliating perhaps once a week

My first exfoliator,ever! This got a good review from paulaschoice.Also,I think you're supposed to squeeze out a huge amount for the granules to actually work their way on sloughing off ur dead skin cells!

PS-when u mix it with water It doesnt work as the granules will slip off/dissipate! so make sure your hands are only damp and NOT wet! It's also very slippery (Mine fell down 3 times,ugh! Have to be more careful xD)

I now use this like 1-2 times a week depending at least until my dry patches get better! (: It has a creamy base and the granules are very fine and it sloughs off well,leaves my skin feeling very SMOOTH and not irritated.walk the walk and talks the talk coz it left my skin calm and sooo moisturied

Make sure to follow-up with a toner and moisturizer afterwards.Also,sunscreen is a MUST,as your skin gets super sensitive after you exfoliate!

CONS:Very gentle,calming and veryyy moisturizing,great for sensitive skin,cn be used 2-3 times a week or more depending on ur skin's sensitivity!

PROS:I hate how the cap doesn't close properly! :( ,not that cheap!

All in all,would definitely buy it again! 1 tube lasts you about 2-3 months?

God Bless!!! XOXO

I'm using this in conjunction with the facial cleanser, toner and day cream and I really really like it! It's not too scrubby which I like as I use this every morning and it also leaves my skin feeling really smooth. It doesn't have a noticeable scent which I like. I would probably repurchase this even if I wasn't still using the line. My only gripe, like with most The Body Shop products in Australia, is the price (AUD$22.99)

on 12/1/2013 1:05:00 PM

I love this exfoliator.It's not harsh or rough, does the job but gently, the way a scrub should be.This claims to be gentle,so if you want something more abrasive, this isn't for you.The grains in this are small, and it's in a creamy white base.This should be ok for most skin types except the very oily .No fragrance or unnecessary irritants, this really is a gentle scrub with good ingredients.Can't stand these harsh scrubs like Aapri apricot. These kind of scrubs cause more problems than they solve.But I love this Body shop product and will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

this exfoliator was not really an exfoliator, the exfoliating granules are almost non-existent and so i found i used a lot more product than i needed to. the product also comes in a small tube so is used up very quickly - perhaps a ploy from body shop to go and buy more.

it left my skin quite dry and spotty actually, especially on my cheeks where i have no problems with spots or redness. i have fairly sensitive skin, and it is very oily particularly in the Tzone. as this product is for sensitive skin, perhaps it was not strong enough to help deal with my oily-ness and small amount of acne.

body shop products are over-priced for my liking. i wont be repurchasing. i much prefer making my own exfoliator using sugar and honey - it is much cheaper and gives better results!

on 9/11/2012 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I used vitamin E exfoliating scrub for years which leaves my skin baby soft - but breaks me out near chin as it is a rich creamy formula - went to the body shop and explained this and the asistant suggested I buy the Aloe line - I tried the aloe scrub (I understand that the skin takes a while to get used to products) - three times- it has caused acne on my forhead too and I have never had acne - far too rich for non dry skin types- i WOULD AVOID AT ALL COSTS- dos not leave skin feeling soft/exfoliated either - the granules are miniscule- maybe for hypersensitive skin - but my skin is hyper sensitive- terrible product- a cream without fragrance but with tiny exfoliating beads (not effective enough for my skin anyway)- the vitamin e range had exfoliating beads they were v small to but not as small as the aloe range- the vit e did the job perfectly and I always got comments on how soft my face looked afterwards- not the aloe total opposite now I have spots !!!

on 5/13/2012 7:59:00 PM

I had high expectations for this product, mainly because I've been keenly eyeing it every time I walked into a Body Shop at the mall, wondering whether it'd be worth the "moolah". I mean, $14 + tax for an exfoliator that is bound to run out in 3-4 weeks? Kinda pricey... My skin has been on the meh side of things lately and I've been scared to so much as use a cleanser (I've been sticking to the au natural side of life and going solo with H2O) in fear of irritating it. So, gentle and sensitive was the keyword when I walked into the Body Shop that day. Originally, I went to pick out a Mothers' Day gift. Then, I was pleased to learn that they were holding a buy-two-get-two-free sale. So I said, "what the heck, let's do this." The sales attendant working there was fairly friendly, even giving her own personal recommendations and answered all my questions patiently. She helped me pick this out- and I'm glad she did! I've been using this for less than a week but am already satisfied with the results. My pores are much clearer than before, some of them noticeably smaller. My redness has somewhat improved and my spots reduced in size. This is gentle enough to use everyday, which I love because I tend to fall in love with a product and want to use it often, which usually results in me breaking out, then I'd blame the product and abandon it in a drawer somewhere, lost, alone... Ha, just kidding. But I do have some excitement issues at first and I was glad I was able to use this daily! I can't say much about softness or texture, my skin still "feels" the same. It was never really much of a problem before, for softness I like to use St. Ives' Apricot Scrub too. But, I've tried to quit using that because I've heard it isn't all that good for your skin as it's pretty harsh. Anyhow, the packaging was very simple. Nice, practical design. Upside down bottle, flip cap. Calm colors, reminds of a nice springy breeze and cucumber-spa-days. Nothing too special but nothing too bland either.

I think I would repurchase this as I'm quite pleased. However, I'm sure there's something out there that might be a tad better- and for a lower price. Keep your eyes out!

on 4/1/2012 7:12:00 PM

The small granules didn't irritate my skin at the beginning but after using for awhile it seemed that my skin (especially on the cheeks) grew a bit more sensitive to them. It would probably be alright for me to use a couple of times a week but at the same time, it didn't clean well enough for me to really like this product.

Leaves my skin feeling wonderfully soft and doesn't irritate it at all. Isn't too drying. I use it every 2-3 days, but it is gentle enough to use every day if you want to. Obviously not a good choice for those after something more intense; for that I've heard good things about the vitamin C microdermabrasion scrub from my mum :)

For a gentle, everyday exfoliator, this is amazing. I have super dry & sensitive skin and need to exfoliate daily, but other exfoliators are too harsh for everyday use. However, this is a soft and subtle exfoliator that is perfect for everyday use. I'd recommend it to anyone with sensitive and dry skin!