October 26, 2014 | 1270 users online

Scrubs - The Body Shop - Aloe Gentle Exfoliator

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Walko

I love this exfoliator.It's not harsh or rough, does the job but gently, the way a scrub should be.This claims to be gentle,so if you want something more abrasive, this isn't for you.The grains in this are small, and it's in a creamy white base.This should be ok for most skin types except the very oily .No fragrance or unnecessary irritants, this really is a gentle scrub with good ingredients.Can't stand these harsh scrubs like Aapri apricot. These kind of scrubs cause more problems than they solve.But I love this Body shop product and will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

this exfoliator was not really an exfoliator, the exfoliating granules are almost non-existent and so i found i used a lot more product than i needed to. the product also comes in a small tube so is used up very quickly - perhaps a ploy from body shop to go and buy more.

it left my skin quite dry and spotty actually, especially on my cheeks where i have no problems with spots or redness. i have fairly sensitive skin, and it is very oily particularly in the Tzone. as this product is for sensitive skin, perhaps it was not strong enough to help deal with my oily-ness and small amount of acne.

body shop products are over-priced for my liking. i wont be repurchasing. i much prefer making my own exfoliator using sugar and honey - it is much cheaper and gives better results!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used vitamin E exfoliating scrub for years which leaves my skin baby soft - but breaks me out near chin as it is a rich creamy formula - went to the body shop and explained this and the asistant suggested I buy the Aloe line - I tried the aloe scrub (I understand that the skin takes a while to get used to products) - three times- it has caused acne on my forhead too and I have never had acne - far too rich for non dry skin types- i WOULD AVOID AT ALL COSTS- dos not leave skin feeling soft/exfoliated either - the granules are miniscule- maybe for hypersensitive skin - but my skin is hyper sensitive- terrible product- a cream without fragrance but with tiny exfoliating beads (not effective enough for my skin anyway)- the vitamin e range had exfoliating beads they were v small to but not as small as the aloe range- the vit e did the job perfectly and I always got comments on how soft my face looked afterwards- not the aloe total opposite now I have spots !!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by roaringred

I had high expectations for this product, mainly because I've been keenly eyeing it every time I walked into a Body Shop at the mall, wondering whether it'd be worth the "moolah". I mean, $14 + tax for an exfoliator that is bound to run out in 3-4 weeks? Kinda pricey... My skin has been on the meh side of things lately and I've been scared to so much as use a cleanser (I've been sticking to the au natural side of life and going solo with H2O) in fear of irritating it. So, gentle and sensitive was the keyword when I walked into the Body Shop that day. Originally, I went to pick out a Mothers' Day gift. Then, I was pleased to learn that they were holding a buy-two-get-two-free sale. So I said, "what the heck, let's do this." The sales attendant working there was fairly friendly, even giving her own personal recommendations and answered all my questions patiently. She helped me pick this out- and I'm glad she did! I've been using this for less than a week but am already satisfied with the results. My pores are much clearer than before, some of them noticeably smaller. My redness has somewhat improved and my spots reduced in size. This is gentle enough to use everyday, which I love because I tend to fall in love with a product and want to use it often, which usually results in me breaking out, then I'd blame the product and abandon it in a drawer somewhere, lost, alone... Ha, just kidding. But I do have some excitement issues at first and I was glad I was able to use this daily! I can't say much about softness or texture, my skin still "feels" the same. It was never really much of a problem before, for softness I like to use St. Ives' Apricot Scrub too. But, I've tried to quit using that because I've heard it isn't all that good for your skin as it's pretty harsh. Anyhow, the packaging was very simple. Nice, practical design. Upside down bottle, flip cap. Calm colors, reminds of a nice springy breeze and cucumber-spa-days. Nothing too special but nothing too bland either.

I think I would repurchase this as I'm quite pleased. However, I'm sure there's something out there that might be a tad better- and for a lower price. Keep your eyes out!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Whiteday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The small granules didn't irritate my skin at the beginning but after using for awhile it seemed that my skin (especially on the cheeks) grew a bit more sensitive to them. It would probably be alright for me to use a couple of times a week but at the same time, it didn't clean well enough for me to really like this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 8:11:00 AM More reviews by lostintheshadow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Leaves my skin feeling wonderfully soft and doesn't irritate it at all. Isn't too drying. I use it every 2-3 days, but it is gentle enough to use every day if you want to. Obviously not a good choice for those after something more intense; for that I've heard good things about the vitamin C microdermabrasion scrub from my mum :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by sallyfielding

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For a gentle, everyday exfoliator, this is amazing. I have super dry & sensitive skin and need to exfoliate daily, but other exfoliators are too harsh for everyday use. However, this is a soft and subtle exfoliator that is perfect for everyday use. I'd recommend it to anyone with sensitive and dry skin!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like the name says, this is a gentle exfoliator. I was having some breakouts and needed an exfoliator that wasn't going to tear my healing skin and this did the trick. The aloe is soothing and the beads or scrub feel kind of large and soft. If you're looking for strong micro-dermabrasion type scrubs, this isn't for you, but it might be good if you have sensitive skin or need to scrub during a breakout, rash, or after plucking chin hairs (oops, did I say that?), etc. Comes in a plastic tube, so handy for the shower, not much scent, and the price is not too crazy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by xxnikki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this stuff over a month ago and I use it just about every day. It is extremely gentle, I've never had any breakouts from it or anything and although I don't notice a drastic difference in my pores I haven't had problems with blackheads since. Also now that my skin is used to it I've had great skin results when I pair it with my face cleanser gentle cetaphil, I haven't had any blackheads or pimples in about 2 weeks :) However, the price kind of gets me, the bottle doesn't last long(I'm almost out) and it's like $12.50 so I plan on looking around to see if I can find something very similar to it for cheaper
UPDATE:A hot wash cloth does the trick just as well and it is free

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am actually on my 3rd bottle of this. It is my favourite exoliator. Although my skin is on the oily side and acne-prone, it is also kind of sensitive, and harsh scrubs can sometimes make acne even worse. I love this scrub because although it is an excellent exfoliator, it is also very gentle. I use it every night and it leaves my skin super-soft. Although it is creamy, it does not break me out at all. This scrub is fragrance-free and contains very safe ingredients, it has a safety rating of 1 on the Skin Deep cosmetic database.