October 25, 2014 | 1498 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - Blush Brush 06

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Yvie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go to blush brush for powder blushes. It is soft and does a superb job of picking up and applying pigment.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 5:08:00 AM More reviews by balenciaga

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a superb blush brush. It is not the usual shape people are accustomed to for blush brushes (big Kabukis or giant fluffy things) for a reason, people. Francisco Nars knows what he's doing, particularly with regard to blush and blush application. This brush allows for a much more precise application of powder blush than the giant fluffy Kabukis and their ilk. The secret is to apply the powder with one side of the brush and blend with the other side, and you will get absolutely flawless blush placement. Absurdly expensive but worth the cost. If you can master how to use it you'll never need another.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by rachelleanita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's too soft for blush use. You have to have a lot of skill to make it look right, so if you want to be able to throw on some blush without taking time to sit and blend perfectly you are better off with the Yachiyo. This brush picks up a lot of color and doesn't blend well, it's better off as a highlighter brush which is what I use it for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

I have no comment on how the brush actually works. I received it as part of a gift.

It feels incredibly soft to the touch.

I am not sure that this is a good thing, Not that soft isn't good, but there is something about the way the brush feels that makes me think it may actually make pigmented blush super difficult to use. I have read some of the reviews here, and I feel it may be proof of my suspicions. I will update this review when I actually try the brush. I got the Nars yachiyo at the same time, and I find it amazing though the brush is No where near as soft, hence the reason I have not even tried this blush brush yet.

However, I am also under the suspicion that this brush may work better for creams than powders.

EDIT :: 01.06.2013::
I experimented for a day with this brush, it isn't as densely packed as I would like a blush brush to be. It is however very soft. It does NOT work well with creams for me at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by glitterandsmut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

5/25/11- Unfortunately for me this brush didn't really work out. I bought it at a Sephora on an impulse, thinking that a brand with such amazing blush really out to have an amazing applicator ("You cannot achieve good makeup without good tools"-Francios Nars, Direct quote off the brushes page on the website)

At the time of my purchase I didn't know too much about what qualities I prefer in my brushes so I didn't really take the time to look too closely at the brush itself, the brand name rather blinded me.

The bristles are very flimsy and, unless you're planning on applying warpaint, packs on slim to none of the blush pigment, or if it does it comes on rather pachy and impossible to blend. The shape of the bristles is very flat and I find the shape rather hard to work with. Application is difficult because the flimsy and flat bristles don't really offer a simple way to apply blush. The bristles just splay out if I try to brush gently at the tip, or fan out flat if I tilt it sideways.

Because the hair is just so soft and flimsy there's just no control or blendability at all. Maybe I just don't know how to use this brush yet, but at almost $50 I believe a brush should be damn well near foolproof or close. Yes, the brush itself is sleek and the fancy pony hair sounds nice, but I purchased an elf blush brush that looks and does the same thing this one does. The bristles even bend and splay the same way!

Would I buy again? No because it's just not for me. If I change my mind I will update this review, but even if I do the quality of the brush is such that I can't really imagine needing to repurchase (which is why I awarded 2/5 lippies instead of 1.)

If you're a beginner or have never used a blush brush in this shape before I'd suggest trying it out first, or even starting with the elf blush brush to see how you like the application.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by kloud04

I have had this brush for a while, it has been sitting quietly in my draw for months. I'm really into Nars cream blushes at the moment and normally just use my fingers to apply Cactus Flower. I have a problem with Nars Lokoum getting a bit streaky so I decided to try this brush with it. It really really applies it smoothly and naturally. Now do you have to have this brush, prob not. The price is steep and nothing can compare to the Nars Yachiyo.( I HAVE to have that brush for Laguna, pigmented blushes.) It's great. but this seems to pricey and I had zero luck with powder blushes with this blush brush. I am just glad its not wasting away in the drawer. I plan on using it for this and that will probably be all. I would not repurchase b/c Nars brushes do tend to last.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by moonbeam62

As others have stated before this is the perfect brush for those of us who prefer exact placement of where our blush goes. At first it appears as nothing to write home about, but as soon as you use it you understand its charm. Quality brush, no shedding, definite repurchase if need be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 9:06:00 AM More reviews by chiggy5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered this off the NARS website without seeing/feeling it in person, I thought excellent blushes lets get the brush to back it up. When I received I thought Oh no, it's too small of a blush brush...why did'nt I go by Sephora to check it out first...agh. Well it was different when I actually used it, it reminds me of a larger version of the B.E. blending brush and I use that one for a great MAC MSF placement. This brush gives a precise blush placement and I have also used with my MAC MSF's, this is a happy surprise from my first thoughts..so glad I got it and would get it again if needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my favourite blush brushes (even better than Shu Uemura). The hair is very soft and it is just perfect to apply very pigmented colours. I bought this brush about 5 years ago and it still looks new. It is this brush or the NARS Yachiyo one. Excellent product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by almighty_curv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a bit of a blush junkie so I am always looking for new ways to get different looks. This brush is not for the beginner. If you're looking for something that is going to roughly get colour somewhere on your face than this is not the one for you. It does put the colour exactly where you place the brush which I like so that I end up with very round dolly like cheeks. That said you can use it to push the colour up to your temples as well, it's all in the application. The bristles themselves are very soft and mine has not shed a hair which means you can apply very pigmented colours easily (fantastic if you're pigmentally challenged). Would thorougly recommend this brush and would repurchase it if I lost it or in 10 years when it might need to be replaced.