July 23, 2014 | 2156 users online

Pressed Powders - Chantecaille - Poudre Delicate in Linen

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by niccigilland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG powder - and here I was thinking that all powders are basically the same! I have combination skin, dry in the cheek/mouth area and oily in the tzone. Poudre Delicate doesn't make my dry areas flaky/cakey, and it keeps my tzone reasonably matte for a good 8 hours. I have to blot after about 5 hours with MUFE HD powder. The powder is incredibly finely milled and completely invisible on the skin. It comes in two colors, but I think both would work for most skin tones, unless you're really fair/dark. I'm NW30 and Linen isn't visible on me at all (as it should be).

Before I purchased I tried pretty hard to determine if the compact is plastic or metal, and now that I have it, I'm still not sure. I'm leaning toward plastic, but it's very high-quality and shiny. It feels very solid, but is light enough that I don't mind putting it in my evening clutch. It definitely shows fingerprints, and I imagine it will start to show scratches sooner or later if I let it just rattle around my bag. The puff that comes in it is incredibly soft, but I do think you get a better application with a fluffy powder brush. There's a very nice mirror inside the compact. I've had a lot of cheap compacts where the mirrors were slightly distorted - not the case here.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by christina75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome and natural-looking pressed powder. I literally cannot see it on my face, even in direct sunlight, which is my prerequisite for any foundation/powder. I use it sparingly over my liquid foundation, only on t-zone to get rid of shine, and a little dab will do it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Tracy7366

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently bought Chanel's Poudre Douce in Peche Tendre and thought it was great and wrote a review saying so. However, having recently purchased Chantecaille's Just Skin and absolutely adoring it I thought I would try their Poudre Delicate which Chantecaille describe as:

- Pressed mattifying setting powder with a smooth, lightweight texture
- Innovative hydrating agents create superior softness and elasticity
- Sheer, flawless finish
- Ultra-moisturizing and protective
- Paraben-free

This product is quite simply stunning and now I regret buying the Chanel before trying this.

I wear this in Linen over Just Skin in Glow and with Chantecailles bronzer in Tahiti (all three products are light as air but give the most beautiful finish) and it gives the most beautiful radiant complexion WITHOUT settling in any fine lines. No cakey/chalky looks here, just a beautiful flawless look that gets rid of my slightly shiny t zone but leaves me with a radiant glow. A beautiful product applied with a big fluffy brush giving the stunning results I have been hunting down forver. Just perfect. In love and definitely HG.