October 30, 2014 | 1680 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Senational - Autumn Rush

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by kristyc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this did not work on my skin. I'm an NC 42 / BB 4.5 Warm Natural / Graftobian Desert Sand but my lips are darker - and this shade didn't suit me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been obsessing over this lip color the past few days. I'm typically a very "pinky nude" type of lipstick gal that wears the occasional red lip for special occasions.
For reference I'm quite fair toned w/neutral leaning warm undertones (between N10 & NC15 in MAC SFF) Also with dark brown hair & eyes. My "season" is considered a Clear Winter.

I purchased this a year or two ago on a total whim (either on sale or clearance I believe?) Then got it home and decided it was too dark for what I was looking for at that time, threw it in my lipstick container & just found it again several days ago. Now I love it and don't know WHAT I was thinking when I tossed this aside. It's gorgeous and the formula doesn't disappoint either.

I'd describe the shade as a pinky-brown that leans ever so slightly red. Almost a MLBB color but a tad darker on my medium pigmented lips. Very similar to CG Lip Perfection in Smolder(another long ago purchased but new found favorite of mine).
I love it with a little clear gloss dabbed on top and it seems to go with all of my favorite eye and blush looks as well.

The formula lasts about as long as any typical lipstick would (several hours unless I eat or drink) and when it does fade away it's never patchy or drying. Very nice, especially for the price (around $6 USD).
I have several lipsticks from the ColorSensational line now and am pleased with them all. There really doesn't seem to be any losers in this bunch which is awesome!
Though I feel like this is more of a fall/winter color I don't care and will rock it year round lol ;)
I highly recommend and do plan to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by nix19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love the color of this! It's a dark brown-pink on me (bordering red). Kinda a bit like a darker MLBB. I love love love the color on me! It looks natural and it perfectly suits my NC35 skin. If only it has a better staying power,then it would be purrrrrrfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is fantastic! It's the perfect "my lips but better" shade for my cinnamon (NC50) skin. It's a lovely natural pink. The shade is amazing and isn't muddy at all.
The formula tugs a little, but that can be remedied with a little lip balm. The lipstick itself is very creamy and moisturizing.
It's a great every day lipstick that gives me a femine touch of pink. I will defintely repurchase! This is my new signature lipstick!

Update: (August 23 2012): Just when I thought I had found a perfect signature lipstick, I can't manage to find it in Canada. I think Maybelline discontinued it. It may be listed on the website, but I haven't seen it in any Wal Mart or Shopper's Drug Mart.

Luckily, I found a dupe. One day when I was browsing in Wal Mart looking for a colour that would suit me as perfectly as Autumn Rush, when my hand landed on Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick in Mink. That colour is a perfect dupe for Autumn Rush. It has that same brown-pink beauty that I was always looking for in a lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Anitag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Autumn Rush is a brown pink shade, which on my skin tone (BB Honey) and pigmented lips, is MLBB. I love everything about this lipstick, it's formulation is one of the very few that doesn't dry out my lips, has good pigment coverage and unbelieveably also a drugstore brand. I have bought so many lipsticks and glosses from high-end to low-end and hardly finish/use them as they dry my lips out. MAC has great colors, but even with lipbalm they dry my lips out like crazy.
I ended up buying this shade and Crazy for coffee - it's more of a darker brown/pink, with some red in it. Autumn Rush would look great on anyone with tan-dark skin tones, who is looking for a natural pink brown.
This shade and moisturizing, pigmented formulation of these lipsticks in general are excellent and comparable to any more expensive brand, definitely a HG for me, which I would highly recommend and definitely buy again. Lasting power isn't great, but not many lipstick formulars last on me anyway. Love the smell and packaging - similar to Lancome ones, who L'oreal also own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by beantowngrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love the color!! I'm NC30 and I can't really carry off a red or dark brown lip color. I genereally stick to nudes. I bought this a while ago and it was sitting in my makeup drawer. thought I would try it today and really love it. definitely recommend you check it out the next time you go to the drugstore. it does not last that long but I guess no moisturizing lipstick will.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Ever84

It is such a pretty color. I have dark dark brown hair and light olive colored skin (think Lauren Graham- Gilmore Girls ) and it is so complementary to my "colors". I get a lot of looks with this lipstick on. It's just such a feminine color and really brings our lips in a earthy toned way. Moisturizing too. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The color stays really well. The color is just darker on my lips then I wanted it to be. I wanted a more neutral look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If I were Bobbi Brown, I would be mightily worried about the Color Sensational line, especially its brown-pinks and naturals. These lipsticks aren't quite as creamy as BB's, but they are very darn close and the colors seem to be extremely well-edited. I need warm, muted colors that are neither too pale nor too dark and that have a *little* pink in them (I'm a Soft Autumn, if you're keeping score) and I seldom find more than one in a brand that fills the bill. But I had maybe five or six strong contenders in the Color Sensational line. Whoa. And with the BOGO, they cost less than a fifth of the price of one Bobbi Brown creamy lipstick. Double whoa.

Autumn Rush looks like sludge on the Maybelline website and not that exciting in the display, but it's a mid-toned MLBB on my moderately pigmented lips. Neutral, low-key, but not dead and very flattering. The coverage is moderate-to-full and satin. Wear is decent -- creamy lipsticks do come off -- but it doesn't seem to feather much at all.

I think these taste and smell like wax and a hint of masking vanilla. I don't mind the scent -- I think it's interesting. I have absolutely no problem with irritation, and I sometimes do get reactions from floral-scented lipsticks.

I got this at a BOGO, which made each one about $4.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by JimmyToast

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This looks like it would be chalky, but it is not. It looks like a natural, flattering nude and the best part, it doesn't make your teeth look dingy, like some nudes do. Love the Color Sensational line.