September 18, 2014 | 1980 users online

Polishes - Avon - Nailwear Pro in Cherry Jubilee

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by zutsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have wanted this colour for years and years, and just never got around to it. However it was on special recently, buy one get two free. I was so impressed with this polish when I got it. It takes two coats to go properly opaque, but then I cannot describe to you how amazing the colour is. It is a deep and dark cherry colour, or almost bloody if you will. The colour lasts quite a while, and looks simply stunning. The polish is not too thick or too thin, and does not streak. Definitely worth what I paid, and it rapidly moved into my top five polished. Also, it dries reasonably quickly, and sets well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Esmay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes, I would buy again! First of all, I really like Avon's nailwear pro line and have several colors. They are easy to apply, shine better than Opi or Essie and wear about a week. I get a mani and pedi once a month and quite often take one of my Avon polishes. The rest of the time I do change my nail polish and do a little spruce up. I use Opi and have one Essie and I interchange polishes BUT the Avon ones are just as good and the price in this case doesn't reflect the quality. A good bargain.

Now, for Cherry Jubilee. The color, with two thin coats, is a rich deep shiny red. Dark but does not look black in any light. It is definitely a dark red. I have very fair skin and this looks beautiful on me. The surprise is that this color 'goes' with just about everything.

For reference, I am not an Avon rep and have no vested interest in beating any company drum. I just honestly believe this polish is color and quality is up there with the best of them and at a price you can't beat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

It takes 3 coats for this to be opaque and it chips on me in about 3 days which is normal for me.
I like the colour its a dark vampy red.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

This is one of my favorite vampy shades this winter season, although I can see myself wearing this straight on through spring and summer. Avon Nailwear Pro + nail lacquer is the best polish you can buy dollar for dollar. It looks like high end, wears like iron and is quite inexpensive and fairly accessible. I remember when my mother sold Avon in the 70s, Avon was the first nail polish I ever used. It has always worn well and removes easily with acetone. I get seven or more days of wear with minor tip wear with this line across the board. Cherry Jubilee is a beautiful clear dark wine color that is a close dupe to OPI Skyfall. Avon's Tweed is close to this shade also but different enough that I own both. The shine you get with this polish is fantastic even before you add top coat. Avon's NP formula is not finicky as far as what treatments you use with it, although I prefer to use Avon's Smooth Beginnings base coat and Seche Vite Quick Dry TC. This shade looks fantastic with trendy top coats, as well. I pair this with Ninja Polish Sticks 'n' Stones for an artsy look. Get this polish!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

This is most long lasting red polish you will find. I am on my fourth day of wear and no chipping even did chores with it on (I wear gloves for dishes) but still it was amazing. I have a job as an archivist and I am constantly opening boxes and wrecking general havoc on my nails with paper clips and binders, this like most other avon enamels wears on the ends of the nails instead of chipping which makes it way more forgiving. Gorgeous deep dark blood red but still visibly red - very vintage but a very flattering red on my pale white skin. A steal for the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go to dark cherry shade for nails. The reason is because it makes my toes looked like I spend a fortune on a pedi when I really didnt. The shine is expectational, and the color is forgiving when I mess up or when I accidently smudged it, I was able to paint another coat over it and it was ok. It looks soo Chanel modern chic but its only $2.99.