April 17, 2014 | 1597 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Dusty Miller

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. It is a gorgeous peachy translucent powder that delivers a gooey sheen. Looking at it in the jar you may be easily scared away like I first was because if the sparkles - even an arm swatch had me worried, but after buffing on all over with a big fluffy blush I am so pleased with the hint if warmth and the radiant glow I ended up with. The big sparkles disappear.

I'm nick naming this my "look healthy" powder. I plan to use it daily when I wear orangey or coral blush - it really pulls my face together. The only thing I'd change is the packaging, but I feel that way about all EM packaging. Lovelovelove.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

I used to wear pale, almost-nude blushes leaning to the pink side (I think one EM blush I used was Nick Nack, and I know I used Aromaleigh Tenderkiss)), but now I have very dark red hair and have switched to peachier toned blushes and lip products.

Dusty Miller (what an odd, name, since dusty miller is a plant with dusty green-white leaves and sort of mustard yellow flowers) is a nicely subtle blush for my Cool Fair skin tone. It doesn't so much darken the shade of my cheeks as it gives me a lovely natural looking glow -- an essential part of that "who, me? oh, I just rolled out of bed looking gorgeous" makeup look. The shimmer is really really sparkly in the container but pretty unobtrusive on my cheeks, and the product sticks around well over my loose powder.

Unfortunately it seems they're discontinuing this, so get it while you can. Luckily, a large size container will last you for an eon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wear EDM's Golden Fair, and this is definitely a blush on me. I had read the reviews before purchasing, so I bought it as a pretty, peachy-coral blush with pink undertones. This product looks exactly like the picture on the site and is a very pretty blush. It has gold shimmer and looks like a wearable coral flush that brightens the face. The shimmer isn't overwhelming---it adds a nice sheen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

I know that Everyday Minerals calls this a lucent powder (which I take to mean a product to add 'glow' or a bit of color to your face) but this particular one is probably more of a borderline blush depending on your skintone. I wear EDM foundation in fairly light neutral and a few dustings of this appear as a peachy pink blush on my cheeks. I think if I used this all over my face it would look weird - like my foundation is the wrong color. I do like it as a blush though, its very sheer and light - you can use a heavy hand and quickly apply it and it will still look quite nice. The shimmer is a bit more noticeable than some blushes but I find it to be attractive and not over the top glittery.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Kamagrian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My first review on MUA is for this product - Dusty Miller powder from Everyday Minerals.

I'm a recent convert to EDM, and love many of their products. When I received this product I wasn't sure how I'd use it, but it was such a pretty colour in the pot that I wanted to give it a try.

The packaging is fairly good, being a shallow but wide pot with a slider-covered sifter. In the couple of weeks I've been using this, I've had no major spills and the inside of the lid stays reasonably clean between uses. The wide, shallow shape makes brush-swirling easy as the lid is larger in circumfrence than those from many other mineral makeup companies.

At first glance, the powder is a frilly peachy-pink, glistening with lots of sparkle. Frankly, I was a little daunted by the amount of glitter apparent in the mineral mix and thought it might make my face look like an 80s disco-ball!

Dusty Miller is listed as a "lucent powder", which is EDM's line of translucent luminising/glowy powders for all-over or highlighting use. I've dropped the product one lippy for the fact that I can't use it as intended - my fair, warm-toned skin looks very odd indeed if I brush this all over!

However, the reason it gets four lippies is that this makes a beautiful, glowing blush on my pale Irish skin. Surprisingly subtle, the glitter effect I was worried about didn't materialise, but left my skin with a beautiful, soft, glowing pink sheen - the same flush I get when I'm feeling naturally happy and relaxed.

All-in-all, I love this product. Its fine texture is soft on application and although I've said that I would repurchase, I can't imagine running out for a long, LONG time. As with all EDM's coloured products, a little goes a long way.

In summary, I definitely recommend this as a light, pretty blush for the paler-skinned among us. I can't comment about its use as an all-over facial dust, but it may well work beautifully for deeper skin tones.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by erin_s_1708

First of all, I am a HUGE devotee of EM and generally love all of their products. However, for me this product was just not pigmented enough for me (I'm fair/light medium). Sunday Brunch is waaaay too pigmented for me, so I think Nick Nack is probably my happy medium though I plan to give New Car Smell a test run.

I've actually been using Dusty Miller as an eyeshadow, and it is really pretty! This morning I used it over Nick Nack to give myself an extra glow, and it looks really pretty too. I just don't think I could ever wear it alone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by sweetkandi87

So I had never tired a lucent powder before, and I thought that this looked pretty and it was a new product. I think it looks good for a night out because it has shimmer in it, but other than that, it didnt really do anything for me, and it was just an extra step in my routine that I didnt need.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

This is a more sheer blush/face color that is a light pink with peachy undertones and a bit of shimmer. I think that it is best suited to very pale skin and definitely pink/cool undertones if you intend to use it as an all over face powder. I have pale skin, but I bought this in summer when I was tanned and used as a blush it *barely* showed up with a number of layers. I suspect that in winter it will be a lot more useful to me because it is a pretty color and a lovely sheer formula that looks very natural when applied. I really enjoy Everyday Minerals line of blush, and their more lucent shades are very nice for natural looking cheeks even if you dont use them everyday they are versatile and really nice to have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This is a very light, peachy-pink translucent powder that has slight sparkles added to it. It is designed to give the face a nice, brightening glow to it. And,in my personal opinion, it is probably the best lucent powder that EDM has ever come up with thus far.

It looks more sparkly in the powder container than it actually goes on the face. As, it simply leaves a translucent glow to the face that looks very pretty whether viewed from near or far.

This is certainly one of my all-time favs in the EDM line!