April 23, 2014 | 2007 users online

Styling Products - Aquage - Molding Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What I have is called Aquage Molding Megagel. This is by far one of the best hard hold gels I have ever used for my 2a/2b hair. My hair is fine, there is a lot of it, and it has a messy wave that can be coaxed into cute (sometimes) curls. I have used this silicone-free gel over a number of curl creams (Beyond the Zone Noodle Head, Paul Mitchell Round Trip, ISO Bouncy Creme). With this combination, I've been able to achieve beautifully defined curls that keep their shape. No heat is required; all I do is scrunch in the curl creme, scrunch in the gel, and then let it air dry (making sure not to touch it while it dries). After the gel has dried and hardened a bit, I scrunch out whatever crunch there may be with a cotton t-shirt. I am left with my awesome curls.

There is just one caveat, which is the smell: it literally smells like straight up glue. It is kind of nauseating at first, but it eventually does dissipate. Either way, I think the awesomeness of this gel should not be missed..and I also think it blows Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee out of the water.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by ccarpenter

Very light gel with great hold and doesn't leave a stiff/wet look!