Shiseido Perfect Mascara

3.7

on 4/20/2015 9:51:00 AM

I just got a sample of this (Perfect Mascara Full Definition), and I wasn't expecting much since I have wimpy asian lashes. I was quite shocked to see how long this made my lashes, and it really does separate and define lashes. The formula is very black, and when it dries your lashes stay soft. This does a decent job at volumizing, but it definitely can get spidery if you try to put lots of coatings. Although they don't say it, this is definitely a fiber mascara and the fibers are pretty long too (that's how it is super lengthening). The formula and the fibers definitely reminded me of some tubing mascaras out on the market. Its not quite a tubing mascara but not completely different. The formula just slides off in little clumps (not tubes) when you apply water and wipe off gently with your finger. The one downfall is that it does not hold a curl and that's why I will not purchase a full size bottle. I tried it by curling my lashes before application (lashes dropped immediately), and I also tried using a heated lash curler post application (the formula melts off). I think this would be a great mascara if your lashes don't need curling!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Claims: An exceptional mascara formula and brush that add remarkable volume, separation, and length to lashes. Firm tip captures even tiny lashes. This non-clumping formula allows for multiple, smooth coats.This product contains camellia oil complex to nourish and condition lashes.

Pros:
- good for daytime (will use Voluminous for drama)
- adds volume
- does not clump unless you try a second or third coat after it has dried
- dries fairly fast
- does not flake
- washes off easily (with Caudalie Cleansing Water)
- no smudges or raccoon eyes

Cons:
- cheaper than YSL and Chanel but more expensive than drugstore ($39 every three months can add up quite a bit)
- I love it so much that I'm willing to shell out the $39!

Not holy grail but will repurchase. Ebay sells travel size which is enough for me for three months at a time.

(1=bad, 2=disappointing, 3=good but may find comparable others, 4=very good but not holy grail, 5=one of the best or possibly irreplaceable)

on 8/27/2014 12:33:00 AM

LOVE THIS MASCARA! It really lengthens my lashes and when it dries, it's not crunchy like some mascaras. It look very natural. Only downside is that I have to use a different mascara for a second coat to get it black and bold.

on 5/24/2014 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

very wet mascara, it weights the lashes down, takes longer to dry. but it is not drying the lahes out. i think it doesn't suit asian lashes at all.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Rating 3.5 if I could. Love the way this mascara makes my lashes look!! So very black, long and thick, a little hard to re apply coats though after it's dried, but even one coat's killer. Anyhow, I need a LOT of volume to get my long but sparse as heck eyelashes to stand out. This also provides curl. I didn't even use (nor need) my curler before or after application. The formula is so rich and black, I find it a little shiny rather then matte which is ok as it's different from all my many others. Mascara is really all I wear daily (w/ often just a nude lip or subtle gloss) so I really like a strong lash look. This certainly does the trick. Thick, large and long extremely BLACK lashes. Applied sort of a clumpy manner, but I'm ok w/ that given my eyelashes or lack thereof lol. I do take it down a couple lippies tho...My eyelashes feel very dry and brittle w/ this mascara on, not heavy on the lids, but a little crunchy...Also, I don't know if it's my bottle only, but it smells strongly toxic...All that being said, I will most likely re-purchase someday, just not anytime soon as I've so many others I want to try and on the go at the moment.

on 12/21/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I love this mascara! It is a really wet mascara but I still love it! It makes my eyelashes look so natural and long and voluminous! I recommend this mascara if you want to buy a high end mascara!

on 11/7/2013 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this gives my naturally long lashes the volume I'm naturally missing in a very soft more subtle way and u do get a pretty decent length as well. Really enjoy this mascara but its a very soft and sutble a daytime ONLY mascara!!!

on 10/19/2013 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've tried every high and low-end mascara available and this, used with the mascara base, is perfect for volume and length...and no smudging which is a big issue for me. This is the best, hands down.

on 9/27/2013 4:47:00 PM

I love this mascara. It is waterproof. And it does curl and maximize the length of my asian short lashes. My go-to mascara!

on 7/16/2013 10:39:00 PM

I love the fact that it lengthens and emphasizes my eyelashes but honestly It's over priced!! I would not repurchase this because it's just not worth it.

Top Rated Shiseido Products