December 22, 2014 | 1814 users online

Moisturizers - Jurlique - Purely Age-Defying Night Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

pro
- did not break me out
- moisturizing enough even for the winter
- sturdy packing
- good for traveling
- not greasy & absorbed quickly

con
- price
- smell

Overall I like the product and did well as a night time moisturizer where I wake up every morning and my skin is supple and prep for makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 7:38:00 AM More reviews by stinal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this a sample of this product with a giftcard. I am 18 years old, but I wanted to try the product anyway. The most anti-age products I've tried made my skin feel sticky, but this one did not.
It smelt great, and it made my skin feel smooth. If it wasn't for the price, I think I would use it every night.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by ali_has_curves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was fortunate to receive this a a full size GWP. I use this every night. My skin feels amazing and I can see a real change since I started using Jurlique two months ago. This is one of my favourite products. It is light but very moisturising. Only need a little. Absorbs easily. Part of a simple night routine. EDIT: unfortunately I don't think this did my skin any favours, I have the tiniest amount of congestion and I think it is because of this! Typically since my early twenties I've often not used night creams as they are heavy, this isn't heavy but I think my skin particularly benefits from a break from having creams on in the evenings. I could use my moisturiser I use in the morning ifnecessary in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by cdrista215

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Horrible. Within two days of using this product I had red splotches on my face and many many milia on my cheekbones/cheek area. I would apply it at night before bed so the smell didn't bother me as it did some people. I unfortunately threw out the box otherwise I would return this product. Incredibly disappointed as I am looking for a good night time moisturizer. I thought spending $55 would achieve that, but I guess I was wrong!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Pinki

This product makes my super dry skin look great and glowy after two nights. Perfect. After using this and a Murad serum (the vitamin C one), I actually dont really wear foundation anymore, just a luminizer. I also use the eye cream, rosewater tonic, daily exfoliating cleanser and sun lotion from this brand. I am a product whore, and so for me to stay with one brand really says something. One thing, remember to warm and pat this stuff in like La Mer, dont just swirl it around. I usually break out from heavy creams like SkinFood, but this is just right. If you go to Whole Foods, they have generous samples of this....its worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using a sample of this moisturizer from Sephora. Oddly enough, I've been using the sample for quite a few days. A little bit of this stuff goes a long way for my skin.

It takes little to no time for my skin to absorb this product, which worried me at first. Usually when my skin absorbs a product too quickly, then my skin gets dry again almost immediately. That isn't the case with this product, though! My face feels moisturized all night, and I've been waking up with a soft, smooth, youthful, and glowing face over the past few days.

This moisturizer works with my skin like no other moisturizer has, to be quite honest. After my skin absorbs the lotion, it feels and looks WONDERFUL. My skin feels almost as smooth as silk, without feeling oily and gross, which I really appreciate. I've even used this as a daily moisturizer, and it gave me the confidence to not wear any foundation with my makeup (which is great, because I think foundation is a pain to wear!).

The scent of this lotion reminds me of the Burt's Bees Evening Primrose Overnight Creme, which has a floral scent (though not as strong, in my opinion). I can't smell a thing after my skin absorbs the Jurlique Night Lotion, though.

One huge downside to this stuff, though? The price. It's $55! The price is the only thing that's preventing me from buying a full-sized tube right now. I'm on a budget at this time, so I have to steer clear from this moisturizer for now, unfortunately. Once I can buy it, though, I think it will be worth every cent.

Overall, this is a total winner of a product for me. Once I can afford to have this stuff regularly, I will most definitely be buying it again and again!