November 22, 2014 | 1419 users online

Dry Shampoo - Ojon - Rub-Out Dry Cleansing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by trevor97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this! My daughter and I both got it and we are very pleased!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this stuff has such bad reviews, it's awesome.
The good: I find this leaves no gross residue or discolouration on my hair ( which has been dark blonde and is now pink). It gives me a solid 3 days before my hair gets oily again. You don't need much - I just section my hair, sprinkle into the roots and rub in, following with a quick brush.
The bad: I do wish it was a spray, as I find them easier to use. The scent is strange, but fades quickly and isn't a huge drama. I don't like the packaging.

Overall I would probably buy again - I have used maybe 6 dry shampoos, and this is the best for my super oily fine hair,

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

awful smell, completely ineffective at removing oil, makes hair feel damp and crispy at the root. terrible product. i gave it a fair chance but it just didn't work for me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by saracc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is the mother of all dry cleansers. I will admit the only I have tried so far is Batiste, and at the time I liked it, it works, yes it leaves white marks on your hair but they rub out, right? Yes but, they also gave me dandruff and horrible feeling hair. Actual long term dandruff though...

So anyway, I picked this up after a review and love it. It goes on wet and clear, leaving absolutely no marks on your head at all. You can immediately rub it in or let it dry... aaand it works! No more greasy hair, et voila. It doesn't really add loads of volume ( like batiste) but it does a little bit, in the way you'd expect freshly washed hair to be. The biggest plus is, no white marks, no horrible texture ( you can't even feel it once it's rubbed in) and no flakey white bits. A great plus is that I think it smells amazing, I would describe it as a warm amber smell. Downside is, it's expensive for what it is.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by windupbirdy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like this dry shampoo at all. It was the first I tried, and worked okay at first. I didn't have anything to compare it with except baby powder, which left a grayish cast over my dark brown hair, so I thought it was okay even though it has a strong smell and leaves my hair feeling kind of gross. It does soak up the oil and lets me go three days between shampoos, so I kept using it. Then I tried a few other products, which work much better. I especially like the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo, which is cheaper and smells light and citrusy. It works in the same way, but leaves my hair feeling cleaner than Ojon. With Ojon, the hair may LOOK fine and dry but my scalp still felt like I needed a shower on Day 2. With Oscar Blandi, the hair looks and smells good, and also feels cleaner.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by carlyann23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hated this. I've used Batiste dry shampoo for years, but I decided to try others when I got sick of the Batiste smell. First, I think it took a while for the Ojon product to spray correctly out of the bottle. My hair looked kind of gross when I did get it to spray on (with Batiste I can see it adding volume right away). This was difficult to rub or brush out of my hair. When I did finally get it, my hair looked greasy - it hadn't been greasy to begin with, it was just second-day hair. I only bought a tiny can of this which I will just throw away. Back to Batiste, which was amazing and made it look like I had just washed & dried my hair. I'll just hold my breath until the scent goes away!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by angelinuh

This is by far my favorite dry shampoo spray. It smells wonderful and blends really well. My flat, greasy hair loves the volume it gives me!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by glittergatkes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oooooooojon, you dirty tease! The product is GREAT - both the old and new formulations volumize like a mother - but the packaging is awful. The nozzle leaks, sticks, and otherwise breaks without warning, and I would give it zero lippies if I could. I exchanged this at Sephora three times in a row, eventually walking out with a different brand of dry shampoo that has ok packaging but a product that doesn't do what Ojon's does. Sad face. Sad hair. Sad greasy hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by xrainbowbarf

This review isn't for the powder, its for the rub out in the can which I'm guessing is a mix of their volume spray and the powder. Putting straight powder onto my hair doesn't appeal to me nor does it sound like a good idea but in a can? In a can it is a godsend. If you are a busy person who's life does not always revolve around keeping up with your hair washing/drying schedule, this stuff is so worth the purchase.

I first purchased with product because lets face it, there are times where you just do not have the time to wash and do your hair the night before or the same morning. Sometimes everything still looks really good....except your roots which look like an oil slick. Whenever that happens, I spray this stuff at the roots and while it does make my hair look a little dull, better a tiny bit more dull than usual than to have it greasy as hell. It smells nice too!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by MyChanelScalpel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Rub Out Dry Cleanser in the bottle, as opposed to the powder.

Ojon saved my life. Being a busy, pre-med mommy takes it toll on my sleeping habits, and sometimes I barely make "last bell" and have to skip the shower (Don't worry, I don't skip it at night ;)). I just style my hair quickly (aka run a brush through it), and spray this in my hair, holding it about 8-12 inches away from my scalp. Rub it in and run out the door. Not only does my hair appear clean and free of oily roots, it is more volumized than usual, a fabulous benefit of this product.

The smell is nose friendly, too. It does tend to linger, but it is a clean scent- similar to deoderant, in my opinion.

There is one downfall of this wonderful lifesaver though, and that is the packaging. For all the wonderful things Ojon does with this dry shampoo- it really fails here- the product tends to leak, the applicator gets backed up and stops working occassionally, and sometimes all of the aerosol disappears without a trace. As aggravating as that may sound, as long as you purchase at Sephora you are covered as they are well aware of this issue and offer an exchange.

Despite the irritating nusance of a bottle, this is my holy grail hair product and I have re-bought over and over. It is worth the inconvience of the bottle for this delightful product.