October 22, 2014 | 1601 users online

Polishes - Hard Candy - Mr. Wrong

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by misshillary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a pretty color! Eggplant-ish purple/ charcoal...with a lot of sparkle! I enjoy painting my nails with this color. Goes on smoothly, worth the $. I paid $5 at my Wal-Mart.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 3:27:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This is such a beautiful and unique color-its a deep purple base with gold and silver glitters. The formula itself leaves much more to be desired. It goes on thin but streaky. You sort of have to be careful and work with it. But the second coat usually evens it out and the glitter makes it forgiving. Lasted on well for a few days with some tip wear. Could probably look good for up to a week but I always switch in a few days.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by kiimuu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

For a long time I was put off from trying these polishes due to their tacky packaging--I really hated that plastic ring. If they'd just leave out the ring and knocked off a dollar from its somewhat expensive price tag, I would be perfectly content with my purchase. Undeniably though, Mr. Wrong is a polish with complexity, purpley-blue with flashy silver and gold flakes. Its color really morphs depending on lighting. Application is simple, 3 coats and streak-free shimmery goodness is at your fingertips!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Layni1006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading the reviews here, and looking at the bottle in the store, I was reluctant. But it was pretty inexpensive, so I gave it a try and WOW! It is a really pretty sort of lavender-taupe color, very shimmery but somehow still subtle enough for work. My only problem with it is I got some tip wear within 24 hours, but I wear my polish pretty hard and it would not stop me from buying this again. Now I want to try some of the other colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by annie711pm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my dear lord.....LOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE this color. I truly haven't seen anything like this before; it is crazy-unique. Whoever said it's magic was right; purple/silver/but gold too!/taupeish...it's hard to describe. Whatever you call it, it is stunning. On top of that, veryyy inexpensive. A must-have, for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by mistyanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a unique color it changes colors with the different light its so cool it could be silver tan glitter purple black grey it is really pretty I recommend this nail polish and it lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by jg0427

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I haven't written a product review here YEARS - but had to for Mr. Wrong. I was waiting forever for a prescription to be filled at Wal-Mart and the cosmetics aisle was right next to the prescription counter. I was so happy to see Hard Candy nail polish back again, I had really missed it. It used to be one of my regular splurges at Nordstrom.

Compared to the "old," more spendy polish they used to make, this new one still has a fantastic consistency and coverage. They also still come with the useless cheap platic ring just like before, which imho they could have ditched. It's not cute. The only real difference between the new polish and the old is that this brush is not the best. It's smaller, shorter, and doesn't pick up enough polish or apply the polish well like the old one.

I can't say anything further about the color than what's been said. It's a gorgeous silvery eggplant, that can look guntmetal or even gold depending on how the light hits it.

It makes me happy to see my nails this color, and brought back a bit of nostaglia to do my nails with Hard Candy again, but with a very modern color. Will def be trying the other colors since they're so very inexpensive - but from what I saw this will be my favorite in the line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by pipsqu3ak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is Sally Hansen Opulent Cloud in a more pixelated, glittery form. Love both.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by niclyf

I recently picked this up after seeing a few pictures of it, and it's all THAT and then some!

This is a greyed lavendar that has a tremendous amount of depth and complexity. Microglitter/micro shimmer, and when it catches the light, it literally almost dances on my nails. I layered this over a holo and was amazed at the foil-like effect without it looking full on metallic/trashy. Applied well and is wearing like steel .. 7 days and still going strong. This is definitely a shade I'll be picking up a reserve bottle of! HUGE raves! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The only unique color in the HC line, IMO. Is it gray? Is it purple? Is it glitter? shimmer? foiled?....MAGIC?!! what is this stuff. all i can think is wonderful.

oh mr wrong...if loving you is "wrong" i don't want to be right.