April 19, 2014 | 1991 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Ravish Me Red

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by therinz09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I LOVE YOU RAVISH ME RED. God bless this color. It's the perfect corally orange red. So great for summer. And in the absolutely fantastic Revlon lipstick formula, you really can't go wrong. I can't stop wearing this color. 10 out of 10 would recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by lovelyxuglypie

Another winner from Revlon! This is the most wearable shade of red I've ever come across. Almost every other red I've found has been "too" something...too deep, bright, sheer, or opaque. Not this one, though. It's perfect! I'm a NC25 and it brightens my face up significantly, and I can wear it on a regular basis without looking excessively done up. This shade leans orange in undertone, but that's a good thing if you're not a fan of blue-based reds. Also, fun fact: it made a cameo on American Horror Story:Asylum.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by tearupyourphotos

This was on sale at Target and I figured I can never have too many red lipsticks (nor Revlon SLs for that matter...), but this took me by surprise! This is a bright tomato red and while it doesn't whiten my teeth like blue-based reds do, it definitely brightens my face up (NC 25-30 for reference)! I like wearing this both day and night and any time of the year. This has the typical SL formulation, which I love. I will happily repurchase at full price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best true red lipstick I've tried thus far! It looks so wonderful on my photoshoots. Makes me look like a femme fatale.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Ravish Me Red is a warm light red, with a splash of orange, bright but not neon. Perfect for warm skintones, especially in the summer and autumn, with bronzer and dark glasses. Wear it with matching lipliner and attitude! (I use Prestige Poppy lip liner.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit: This looks BEAUTIFUL as it wears off, as well, leaves a soft coral stain. Lovely product!
Gorgeous slightly neon red, doesn't go ORANGE on me thankfully, v face brightrning effect-- particularly useful to perk me up for nighttime events. Love this with a cheap-o gloss (bronze) i got from Claire's on top. Highly rec this colour if u have warm undertones and want something with pep.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by tiffers

Lovely texture for a lipstick. Very creamy and moisturizing. I love that it's not metallic or super matte. Blends really well if you want a softer color, and absolutely love the orangey reds. I got it on sale for 6 or 7 dollars (CA). Good price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 4:58:00 AM More reviews by skim1017

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my favorite drugstore make-up find this year. I had always been afraid to try out Revlon lipsticks because I thought they would have that old-lady lipstick scent to them, but after reading all the glowing reviews of this shade, I just had to try it. Fortunately, there is no scent, and the texture is surprisingly nice and creamy for a drugstore lipstick. As for the color, it's a poppy/orange/tomato red that looks great on fair/light skin. I can see how it wouldn't look so great on darker or olive skin tones, but it's very flattering on fair skin (either cool or warm). I also bought the Revlon Super Lustrous lipgloss in Firecracker and layer that over this lipstick for a more finished look. Orange red is a hot color right now, and the Pantone Color Institute just named orange red, or "Tangerine Tango," as the defining color of 2012. This is a happy, bold color that brightens your face and lifts your mood. Of course, the best part is that I got it for only $5 at my local drugstore.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by reihasama

I can see how this color would look amazing on someone with very fair skin. For me, however, Ravish Me Red is more like Ogle Me Orange, because orange is the exact shade it turns into on my NC 30 skin tone.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by joeyanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I have bought at least half a dozen red Revlon lipsticks over the past year. Ravish Me Red is my favorite. I have fair, warm-toned skin, and while some blue reds look OK on me at night, they are pretty vivid in broad daylight and under fluorescent lights. RMR is definitely a tomato red lipstick, but it doesn't look orange on me. It has a coral hue to it, and I've gotten compliments on it quite a lot. It's an orangey, coral red, a very of-the-moment lipstick shade right now.