November 24, 2014 | 1257 users online

Mascara - Wet 'n' Wild - MegaVolume Mascara

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

Wet N Wild Mega Volume Mascara doesn't do its job, but it's not a bad product otherwise. It did give my lashes length, but the volume was barely-there. When I bought this, I expected to get the "mega volume" & instead got "natural." I was hoping for diva volume. I have this mascara in the shade C647B Very Black & it costs $2 or 3 at drugstores. This is just an example of getting what I paid for.

This turned out to be basic drugstore mascara. The little bit of volume it does give is subtle & while that isn't necessarily a bad thing, we all bought this because we obviously want volume… not an everyday look. I got more length than volume & while I do appreciate the little bit of volume & the awesome length it gives, the mascara didn't live up to my expectations. If I apply more than two coats, it gets a little clumpy & starts to flake. Mega Volume basically does the bare minimum. I just wear this on days I want thick, long, yet still natural-looking lashes. If you're someone who likes dramatic volume/thickness, spend a little more $ & get something else.

Oct. 5 update: I'm moving this from my original rating of 3 stars to 2 because I might've had an allergic reaction. My eyes became red, itchy, & burned; all symptoms stopped after using makeup removing wipes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

At first I thought this was blehhhh. Came out dry and gray, did little to enhance my lashes.

But after two uses the formula changed for the better. It got wetter and darker. It reminds me of Great Lash in both formula and effect now. It goes on without clumping or crumbled though I only use one or two coats, so if you really build it, you may get a mess. Pigmentation is great. Lashes look longer and thicker than, well, without mascara or with a basic mascara. Not scoring many points for holding curl though.

Regular bristle brush picks up and coats every lash. Washes off without a fight. Doesn't melt, flake or fade even after over 8 hours. Not sure I would really buy it again because it's just like Great Lash but not quite as good (GL is glossier and more buildable) so I'd buy that over this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is basic... I did not notice any mega volume. It's just okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by TaySyl

This mascara has made my eyelashes longer greatly.
My eyes look wider and more awake. My eyelashes are the longest i'v ever seen them.
I would buy again in a heartbeat!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a last minute purchase in a local drugstore. It's fine for $3.99. The volume and thickening claims are only if you have the time and patience for about 5 coats of mascara imo. What I did like was the formula which is lightweight and leaves the lashes soft and flexible. The brush is a good one, without the wonky bristle placement. I like to swipe on the product using the end of the wand and then go back and comb it through the lashes. I wish it would give a lush full look in one coat, but you get what you pay for. Would I purchase it again? Probably not and simply because I like to get the mascara step done in one coat. One other good thing about this product is that it did not smear or flake at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Dfurbert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was too wet for me like watery

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by marydlsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was dissappointing. It added black coloring to my blonde lashes but zero volumizing. I couldn't build it up without it caking horribly. Yeah, it's cheap, but it's crappy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This sunny rundlet was a fun experiment, a deviation from the tried and true waterproof mascara for me. I didn't like it at first because, applied over bare lashes, it completely uncurled them, evident at the application time. However, this is a non-waterproof mascara, and, in my experience, they don't generally compare to the power of holding the curl of waterproof mascaras...hence, there are no disappointments (or points off) there. I now apply this mascara over the WnW waterproof MegaPlump, and this product adds noticeable fullness to the lashes, compared to the MegaPlump alone. Because MegaVolume is applied once the curl is "set," the lashes don't uncurl at all. I find it great for adding more volume without the added "hardships" of removing many coats of waterproof version, if only the waterproof was used.

MegaVolume adds a little bit of length, but mostly volume. Volume is buildable, as advertised - definitely a considerate measure away from simply enhanced natural look, but not too dramatic (not too "heavy"). I like the good amount of product on the wand, and that the mascara goes on evenly even with many coats, and there is no irritation. The rundlet snaps shut very well, and is so much fun to apply because of the happy color...Overall, this mascara is pretty good, for the $2.99 at CVS. While I wouldn't use it alone due to it not holding the curl (at least, for my naturally straight lashes), I would most certainly get it again for added fullness.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by BlondeCaptivation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really should be giving this 1 lippie… but.. the price really can't be beat. For $2 I shouldn't be surprised that this left me disappointed. I'm not really hard to please in the mascara department. I've used everything from NYC, to CG Lash Blast, to DiorShow and walked away reasonably satisfied. Even other Wet'n'Wilds have fit the bill in the past. This one breaks my #1 rule when it comes to mascara: No smearing. I applied a layer of this, and five minutes later I had little black dots above and below my eyes. It's just runny. After it dries it's not terrible, but I didn't see ANY thickening whatsoever. To add insult to injury, the tube goes and leaks so now my other makeup is coated with mascara. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerismywarpaint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly don't have much to say about this mascara. It doesn't do anything for me in terms of volume or length--I was really disappointed. It makes my eyelashes black, but that's all.
If you want an extremely natural look, or if you have light eyelashes and black would stand out quite a lot, then I would say, buy this.
My daily look is quite dramatic and therefore, I will not be purchasing it again. It doesn't work as advertised.