August 20, 2014 | 1428 users online

Mascara - Wet 'n' Wild - MegaVolume Thickening Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a last minute purchase in a local drugstore. It's fine for $3.99. The volume and thickening claims are only if you have the time and patience for about 5 coats of mascara imo. What I did like was the formula which is lightweight and leaves the lashes soft and flexible. The brush is a good one, without the wonky bristle placement. I like to swipe on the product using the end of the wand and then go back and comb it through the lashes. I wish it would give a lush full look in one coat, but you get what you pay for. Would I purchase it again? Probably not and simply because I like to get the mascara step done in one coat. One other good thing about this product is that it did not smear or flake at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Dfurbert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was too wet for me like watery

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by marydlsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was dissappointing. It added black coloring to my blonde lashes but zero volumizing. I couldn't build it up without it caking horribly. Yeah, it's cheap, but it's crappy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This sunny rundlet was a fun experiment, a deviation from the tried and true waterproof mascara for me. I didn't like it at first because, applied over bare lashes, it completely uncurled them, evident at the application time. However, this is a non-waterproof mascara, and, in my experience, they don't generally compare to the power of holding the curl of waterproof mascaras...hence, there are no disappointments (or points off) there. I now apply this mascara over the WnW waterproof MegaPlump, and this product adds noticeable fullness to the lashes, compared to the MegaPlump alone. Because MegaVolume is applied once the curl is "set," the lashes don't uncurl at all. I find it great for adding more volume without the added "hardships" of removing many coats of waterproof version, if only the waterproof was used.

MegaVolume adds a little bit of length, but mostly volume. Volume is buildable, as advertised - definitely a considerate measure away from simply enhanced natural look, but not too dramatic (not too "heavy"). I like the good amount of product on the wand, and that the mascara goes on evenly even with many coats, and there is no irritation. The rundlet snaps shut very well, and is so much fun to apply because of the happy color...Overall, this mascara is pretty good, for the $2.99 at CVS. While I wouldn't use it alone due to it not holding the curl (at least, for my naturally straight lashes), I would most certainly get it again for added fullness.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by BlondeCaptivation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really should be giving this 1 lippieā€¦ but.. the price really can't be beat. For $2 I shouldn't be surprised that this left me disappointed. I'm not really hard to please in the mascara department. I've used everything from NYC, to CG Lash Blast, to DiorShow and walked away reasonably satisfied. Even other Wet'n'Wilds have fit the bill in the past. This one breaks my #1 rule when it comes to mascara: No smearing. I applied a layer of this, and five minutes later I had little black dots above and below my eyes. It's just runny. After it dries it's not terrible, but I didn't see ANY thickening whatsoever. To add insult to injury, the tube goes and leaks so now my other makeup is coated with mascara. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerismywarpaint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly don't have much to say about this mascara. It doesn't do anything for me in terms of volume or length--I was really disappointed. It makes my eyelashes black, but that's all.
If you want an extremely natural look, or if you have light eyelashes and black would stand out quite a lot, then I would say, buy this.
My daily look is quite dramatic and therefore, I will not be purchasing it again. It doesn't work as advertised.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by kadytheredpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

The only really good thing I can say about this is that it didn't give me an allergic reaction. Not even the price is good if you want to return it, because it implies you're cheap when you're returning only this to get your two dollars back. The product was so dry I couldn't even apply it to my light red/blonde lashes. Into the trash it went.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by 2010

This mascara is awful. It flakes, gives absolutely NO volume and has a very dry formula. It doesn't last at all on my eyes - after about 2 hours, it looks like I put no mascara on my eyes that day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE: I used this about 4 or 5 times weekly for around a month before it started to really (REALLY!) irritate my eyes. I think the little fibers in there were to blame, but didn't effect me earlier because the product was much thinner/more liquidy when new than after a few weeks of being open so, at first, they stayed in place. Sad, because I really liked it. I'd still recommend if you're not sensitive to that sort of thing, but I won't repurchase again myself.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I bought this mascara last week for no better reason than my CVS had WnW on sale and I had a ton of $1 off coupons as well. I ended up paying 99 cents for this but at the full price of $2.99 it would still be a steal. I really didn't expect to like this mascara but have been wearing every day since I bought it.

First of all, application is super easy. The first time I used it it seemed dry and I had to swish the brush around in the tube quite a bit to kind of mix/loosen the product but since then it has had a thinner consistency and transfers from brush to lashes really smoothly. I generally don't let mascara dry in between coats, but just to test this out I tried applying additional coats both wet and dry and either way it works fine. If you do like to let each coat dry, this one dries pretty quickly - perhaps about a minute? Less? The brush is nice too - short bristles so it's easy to get all the way down to the lash line and I find I have less of a mess around my eyes than I do with most other mascaras and it keeps my lashes nicely separated.

This mascara also gives me NO issues with clumps as long as I use it alone. I did need to comb out some spots when I tried this over my HG primer (JI PureLash Conditioner) and it didn't seem to look as nice as when I wear it sans primer. Without primer, one coat completely covers my lashes, but looks a bit dull/gray rather than black. Two coats is my go-to with this as it looks black but still natural. Three coats looks super black and more dramatic. With primer, I only needed one coat to get super dark black but it just looked off to me.

What I love most about MegaVolume is that it stays put through my entire day. It is not waterproof, so if your eyes water a lot or you are out in the rain this comes off very quickly (as I learned when a rock hit my eye while bicycling to work two nights ago!). But on normal, no tears/rain/rocks days, I haven't experienced any smears, smudges, flakes or magic-disappearing-mascara syndrome. It also stays on my lower lashes and the very tips of my upper lashes, which are both problem areas for me with many other mascaras.

Also, no irritation. I don't have particularly sensitive eyes, but any time a mascara flakes even a bit and said flake gets into my eye I have major issues. This has not happened with WnW MegaVolume.

Overall a win for me BUT I have long lashes and more than one row of them and so I don't really seek out extra volume or length - I just want dark lashes rather than invisibly pale ones. This product loses one lippie for false advertising since the name implies VOLUMIZING and the package indicates not only volume but lengthening effects and I see absolutely NO added volume, even with three coats and the only lengthening is the because the product coats my lashes from root to tip and stays put rather than sliding off the ends and, thus, making my lashes appear shorter than they are.

I'm happy with it and would definitely buy it again. I love having a cheap option for day to day wear since I do not like to go out in public with my ultra-pale lashes naked, but don't like to waste my more expensive products for work, where I barely see any fellow humans anyway and certainly have no one to impress. If you want a nice, easy to apply, very black mascara that will coat all of your lashes and stay put I suggest trying this one out. For the price, you can't really go wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by soco13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara. Picked up on a whim, $2.99 and I had a $1 off coupon. Provides natural lashes even though it does have a drier formula it can be worked with. The wand is large so I tend to get a little on my lids, but again for the price- its a win win!