Wet 'n' Wild MegaVolume Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/28/2015 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

All I have to say about this product is you get what you paid for. Formula is WAY to wet and leaves you with a pair of black smudged eyes.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Wet 'N' Wild Mega Volume Mascara doesn't do its job, but it's necessarily bad. I have it in the shade C647B Very Black & it costs $2 or 3 at drugstores. This is just an example of getting what I paid for. It did give my lashes length, but the volume was barely there. I expected to get mega volume when I bought it; I got natural instead.

This turned out to be basic drugstore mascara. The little bit of volume it does give is subtle & while that isn't necessarily a bad thing, we all bought this because we obviously want volumeónot an everyday look. I definitely got more length than volume & while I do appreciate the little bit of volume & the awesome length it gives, the mascara didn't live up to my expectations. If I apply more than two coats, it gets clumpy & starts to flake. Mega Volume basically does the bare minimum. I wear it on days I want thick, long, yet still natural-looking lashes. If you're someone who likes va-va-voom volume/thickness, spend a little more money & get something else.

on 9/23/2014 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

At first I thought this was blehhhh. Came out dry and gray, did little to enhance my lashes.

But after two uses the formula changed for the better. It got wetter and darker. It reminds me of Great Lash in both formula and effect now. It goes on without clumping or crumbled though I only use one or two coats, so if you really build it, you may get a mess. Pigmentation is great. Lashes look longer and thicker than, well, without mascara or with a basic mascara. Not scoring many points for holding curl though.

Regular bristle brush picks up and coats every lash. Washes off without a fight. Doesn't melt, flake or fade even after over 8 hours. Not sure I would really buy it again because it's just like Great Lash but not quite as good (GL is glossier and more buildable) so I'd buy that over this.

on 8/23/2014 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This mascara is basic... I did not notice any mega volume. It's just okay.

on 8/23/2014 1:20:00 PM

It was okay, it did not extend my lashes to a great length.
I would not buy again, keep shopping.
It is also slightly clumpy and does not last long.
Smudges easily.

on 3/9/2014 12:11:00 AM

This was a last minute purchase in a local drugstore. It's fine for $3.99. The volume and thickening claims are only if you have the time and patience for about 5 coats of mascara imo. What I did like was the formula which is lightweight and leaves the lashes soft and flexible. The brush is a good one, without the wonky bristle placement. I like to swipe on the product using the end of the wand and then go back and comb it through the lashes. I wish it would give a lush full look in one coat, but you get what you pay for. Would I purchase it again? Probably not and simply because I like to get the mascara step done in one coat. One other good thing about this product is that it did not smear or flake at all.

on 3/1/2014 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It was too wet for me like watery

on 1/28/2014 10:00:00 PM

This was dissappointing. It added black coloring to my blonde lashes but zero volumizing. I couldn't build it up without it caking horribly. Yeah, it's cheap, but it's crappy.

on 1/23/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This sunny rundlet was a fun experiment, a deviation from the tried and true waterproof mascara for me. I didn't like it at first because, applied over bare lashes, it completely uncurled them, evident at the application time. However, this is a non-waterproof mascara, and, in my experience, they don't generally compare to the power of holding the curl of waterproof mascaras...hence, there are no disappointments (or points off) there. I now apply this mascara over the WnW waterproof MegaPlump, and this product adds noticeable fullness to the lashes, compared to the MegaPlump alone. Because MegaVolume is applied once the curl is "set," the lashes don't uncurl at all. I find it great for adding more volume without the added "hardships" of removing many coats of waterproof version, if only the waterproof was used.

MegaVolume adds a little bit of length, but mostly volume. Volume is buildable, as advertised - definitely a considerate measure away from simply enhanced natural look, but not too dramatic (not too "heavy"). I like the good amount of product on the wand, and that the mascara goes on evenly even with many coats, and there is no irritation. The rundlet snaps shut very well, and is so much fun to apply because of the happy color...Overall, this mascara is pretty good, for the $2.99 at CVS. While I wouldn't use it alone due to it not holding the curl (at least, for my naturally straight lashes), I would most certainly get it again for added fullness.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really should be giving this 1 lippie… but.. the price really can't be beat. For $2 I shouldn't be surprised that this left me disappointed. I'm not really hard to please in the mascara department. I've used everything from NYC, to CG Lash Blast, to DiorShow and walked away reasonably satisfied. Even other Wet'n'Wilds have fit the bill in the past. This one breaks my #1 rule when it comes to mascara: No smearing. I applied a layer of this, and five minutes later I had little black dots above and below my eyes. It's just runny. After it dries it's not terrible, but I didn't see ANY thickening whatsoever. To add insult to injury, the tube goes and leaks so now my other makeup is coated with mascara. Will not repurchase.

Popular Mascaras