Inglot Matte Collection AMC Eyeliner Gel

3.9

Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, [ /-(may Contain): Boron Nitride, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lauroyl Lysine, Mica, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Red 40 Lake (ci 16035), Yellow 5 Lake (ci 19140), Blue 1 Lake (ci 42090), Carmine (ci 75470), Aluminum Powder (ci 77000), Ltramarines (ci 77007), Black 2 (ci 77266), Chromium Hydroxide Green (ci 77289), Iron Oxides (ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (ci 77510), Manganese Violet (ci 77742), Titanium Dioxide (ci 77891)].

on 7/1/2015 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've tried both the MAC Fluidline and Bobbi Brown gel liners, and this one. All three differ from each other in different ways. (Disclaimer: Bobbi Brown is my least favorite and used for the least amount of time, so a lot of this review will be comparing Inglot and MAC.)

The Inglot AMC Gel Liner is contained in a pretty large, plastic pot with a screw off cap. For the price, it is the best of the available middle to high end gel liners at $14/0.19 oz of product (compared to MAC Fluidlines at $16/0.1 oz).

In use, this product was very creamy--possibly even too creamy. I have sensitive eyes because of being a contact wearer, and while this never upset my eyes, it would be creamy enough to migrate and coat my contact lens. Once it is on something, it *can* budge, but it doesn't really unless there's a lot of force (I lost two contacts to this). So, if you forget you have wings and scratch your eyes, yes, it may smudge, but it did not migrate from my eyes for me in a humid summer unless I actively moved it. I did not notice any fading from this product either, which is pretty incredible, however, I only owned it in 90. I can't speak to any of the other colors having the same vibrancy.

Whereas the MAC Fluidlines are slightly dryer, meaning they don't migrate as easily (and therefore don't coat your contact lens), but they do dry out which I did not notice with Inglot. In the 8 months I used and owned this product, it did not dry out or even come close to drying out. Whereas, with the Fluidlines, I have to add contact solution to it to revive it every 2 months or so.

Bottom line: I plan on repurchasing when my MAC Fluidline runs dry. Well worth the price.

Pros:

- Cheap at $14/1.9 oz
- Creamy
- Does not dry out even after months of use
- Huge variety of colors available
- Pigmented
- Does not irritate sensitive eyes
- Does not migrate in humidity

Cons:

- Creamy to a fault
- Gets stuck on contact lenses (for people who have this)
- Smudgeable

on 6/22/2015 9:59:00 AM

Being a pro MUA I really wanted to like this product after hearing about it from many other colleagues. Sadly I feel like this is a very hyped up product everywhere from Instagram to websites. The product is highly pigmented, I will give it that. But it isn't waterproof, smudgeproof, nor creaseproof. It gives you some time for blending purposes, but thats it. At $14, I definitely know there are better products out there at better prices. I don't mind the price, but didn't like the product. Would not use again.

on 6/6/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have very mixed feelings about this eyeliner #77 it's honestly the darkest eyeliner ever and easy to apply, but it transfers on me or even a tiny bit of a mistake or fallout, when I try to clean it up it just smudges everywhere and it's hard to take off I end up ruining my makeup. But if I get lucky and goes on perfect with no fallout or smudge it's really dark and very long lasting. But I won't purchase again because I hardly use it because I'm always afraid I will mess up my whole makeup just for this eyeliner. Does this happen to anyone else?

on 5/28/2015 8:56:00 PM

REALLY disappointed...didn't last at all. Only used to do winged eyeliner and it came off right around my bottom eyelid. Never had that happen before. Packaging is pretty standard, and the price isn't TOO bad.

on 4/30/2015 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted this to work.it goes on easy and is really dark.i wore it on my water line and it was perfect for about two hours.then it just smeared like everything else.its strange that it smears but you ant wipe it off.thats when it decides to stick.spent all day wiping out of the corners of my eyes.same with under eye,tightline and with primer

on 4/23/2015 5:33:00 PM

It smudged all over even with primer.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I had a very bad experience with this eyeliner. It cost me about 9 from ebay shipped from Poland, which was pretty pricey. I don't usually like buying makeup from that site because I've received fakes in the past and it has made me very wary of ebay sellers. But I couldn't find this anywhere else so I bit the bullet. The packaging is very flimsy and cheap looking - thin plastic with a screw on plastic top.

There is a lot of product. You only need a teeny tiny bit, literally just one quick swipe and you have enough. This looks like it would last a long time.

The consistency is creamy, thick and a very rich deep black color.

The bad part: this liner smudges and transfers like no other. It is also soooo messy and thick that it is absolutely impossible to draw a neat line AND it is very difficult to remove once it is dry, so if you happen to accidentally smear it on your hand or clothing, you will be trying to get it off for ages. Once it is on your eyes, again, very difficult to remove, which sounds like it would be a good thing, right? Yet somehow, at the same time, it manages to smear everywhere and bleed. How is this possible? Once it's on, it ain't coming off. It is impossible to fix so if you make a mistake, you'll know it. However, I was very impressed with the color so I decided to tolerate all the liner's shortcomings.

Now for the ugly: after about 2 weeks of wearing this liner daily, one morning straight after applying it, my eyes began to redden and I noticed an uncomfortable tightness and scratchy feeling in my throat. I realised I was having an allergic reaction: after having ZERO allergies my entire life, and immediately rinsed all my makeup off. I spent the rest of the day feeling nauseated, exhausted and feeling short of breath.

The incident left me quite traumatised: so after testing and re-testing various makeup to see what the problem was, it turned out to be this stuff! The Inglot liner in 77. Now I have absolutely no idea what ingredient caused this: I am seeing a dermatologist next week to try and find out, but I have honestly never had any allergy to makeup after a good 10 years of experimenting and it scares me that one measly product could provoke such a reaction. I know there are a lot of silicones and an anti bacterial chemical which I suspect may be the culprit. But I have never heard of anyone else having a negative experience with this stuff - who knows, maybe I got a bad batch or something - but I will definitely never be touching this stuff again.

on 2/15/2015 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am surprised by all the negative comments for Inglot gel liners - this is the BEST gel liner out there IMO in terms of formulation and staying power, opacity, vibrancy, variety, and affordability and bang for your buck.

These gel liners are incredibly easy to apply-they glide on smooth and one swipe is all it takes. Colors are true and what you see in jar is what you get once applied. These are highly pigmented, unlike so many other gel liners on the market (both high and low end). The variety in shades is incredible! At last count I believe there were 27 shades and maybe more have been added for all I know. And lemmie tell ya, I own every color in the line except white, the blues (I think there are 3), yellow, silver/greys, and the brown shades. My very favorites are all the purples (73, 74, 75, 82, 83, and 100), the deep green (86) and turquoise (87), the red (79) - very fun colors which are a lot more wearable than one would initially think [sidenote: I tend to pair up these in your face shades with a nude lip so that I don't end up looking like Mimi from The Drew Carey Show]....

I noticed the complaints have to do with staying power and smudge factor... I have to say those complaints may be valid. However, I haven't had that issue because I have SUPER oily lids and therefore always use a powerful primer with this product (Urban Decay). Also I only line my top lid and haven't lined the bottom or my waterline in over 20 years. Given this, if you use a primer you should be A-OK and reap the full benefits of these gel liners.

on 2/2/2015 8:07:00 AM

This is literally the only gel liner I will use, even though I own 15+ gel liners if I can't find this one I just go without liner! Glides on like a dream,especially when used with Inglots Duraline! The blackest black,completely matte and lasts all day! HG gel liner :-)

on 1/30/2015 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I have mixed feelings about this liner. When I first got it, it was incredible! It glided on so smoothly and it is the perfect black. It was too smooth though. I didn't let it "dry" long enough (a couple seconds) and it smudged on my upper lid. When I used a q-tip to clean it, it smudged onto my nose on accident. When I tried to get that, it smudged somewhere else. I really made a mess that first time!

So I stuck to the my Mac liner until a few months later when I finally ran out. And I turned back to the Inglot liner. It dried up a lot. And that's being said when the lid was on tight and I didn't even open it once during that whole time. But even though it's drier and harder to apply, at least it doesn't get everywhere.

I do notice it smudges a little on my upper eyelid because I have super oily lids.

But after washing my face, it hardly budges at all. I do try to keep soap away from my eye area but it's inevitable. I just don't scrub there.

I just ordered Duraline to combat the dryness. Hopefully I don't make a mess of things again.

So basically it's super waterproof and black but it can be too easy to make a mess when it's really fresh and it dries out too fast.

Top Rated Inglot Products