Inglot Matte Collection AMC Eyeliner Gel

3.8

Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, [ /-(may Contain): Boron Nitride, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lauroyl Lysine, Mica, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Red 40 Lake (ci 16035), Yellow 5 Lake (ci 19140), Blue 1 Lake (ci 42090), Carmine (ci 75470), Aluminum Powder (ci 77000), Ltramarines (ci 77007), Black 2 (ci 77266), Chromium Hydroxide Green (ci 77289), Iron Oxides (ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (ci 77510), Manganese Violet (ci 77742), Titanium Dioxide (ci 77891)].

on 8/27/2015 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

We have only two Inglot stores near us and both takes more than an hour drive to get to. But hey, who cares!!! when I want something so bad I need to go get it and this number 77 black eyeliner gel was that "thing" on this occasion.

For something that I really really REALLY urgently needed and wanted I only had a chance to try it out this week when I purchased it a few weeks ago. Yep no wonder my partner things I'm a bit crazy.

I also bought their angled bent eyeliner brush on the same day and I used this to apply the gel. The texture felt amazing, it was highly pigmented and it went on really smooth. No tugging and pulling of the skin. On the waterline the black applied beautifully and glided on like a dream. Perfect I thought and confidently headed off to work all confident and stuff, so confident that when I got to work I didn't feel the need to do my regular check ups in the mirror.

So this was the frightening bit, I came out of my toilet cubical and went to wash my hands, still not looking into the mirror. I finally looked up and expected to see my flawless eyeliner as perfect as I first applied it. OMG how wrong was I, PANDA EYES drunken night out, that's how I looked. I was astonished, I think my jaw dropped opened from shock.

Dab Dab, wipe wipe, Dab Dab... No it surely can't be. Not Inglot famous 77 eyeliner that I hear everyone says is smudge proof, best for waterline blah blah blah. I did not want to believe it, it must be me. So without wanting to give this a bad review without trying it a few more times, I am sad and annoyed to say this is crap. Pure crap, an eyeliner for me is worthless if it has no staying power and runs like no ones business.

on 8/19/2015 2:26:00 PM

Wow...I'm not sure if I can even put into words how disappointed I was in this product. I definitely bought into all the hype! First off, I will admit that it is SUPER pigmented and VERY black. This would be great if it would just stay in place! I found out the hard way that this is not the case. It started off by smudging on the top of the inner corner of my eye (I only lined my top lid) I guess because it can get slightly watery there. I noticed this within an hour of putting it on. Later I went shopping and I think I must have touched my one eye. When I got back in my car I was horrified to see two DARK BLACK lines going down one side of my face. I have never had this happen to me and I wear black eyeliner ALL the time. I have worn gels/pencils/liquid/felt/powder/cake, I have never seen anything smudge this bad. I own the mac fluidline and the maybelline tatoo liner. Both are FAR suprior and have NEVER smudged on me. This was definitely blacker but not sure if that matters if it can't stay put. And just like one of the previous reviewers mentioned, for an eyeliner that smudges so incredibly easily it was one of the hardest eyeliners to get off. Terrible product.

on 8/19/2015 2:20:00 AM

cult product that doesnt stand up to its status

there's only 1 eye look u can use this for: dark smoky eyes both on upper and lower lid. why so? it transfers like crazy. i dont have oily lids issue but this product suddenly made me have one.

tightlining? after 10 mins it smudged in the lower inner rim, ends and even on thr lower lash line. yes i waited for it to dry but i think it must be set with a black eyeshadow. too much work if I just want a clean tightline.

i used it to have a winged liner, too bad it transferred on the upper lid.

for me, this is more of a shadow base than a true liner.

on 8/16/2015 11:30:00 PM

I bought this after extensive research. I had to special order it. It SUCKS!!! I'm so disappointed. I wanted something to stay on my waterline. This doesn't last 5 minutes. It was not cheap. The search continues. Don't buy the hype.

on 7/1/2015 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've tried both the MAC Fluidline and Bobbi Brown gel liners, and this one. All three differ from each other in different ways. (Disclaimer: Bobbi Brown is my least favorite and used for the least amount of time, so a lot of this review will be comparing Inglot and MAC.)

The Inglot AMC Gel Liner is contained in a pretty large, plastic pot with a screw off cap. For the price, it is the best of the available middle to high end gel liners at $14/0.19 oz of product (compared to MAC Fluidlines at $16/0.1 oz).

In use, this product was very creamy--possibly even too creamy. I have sensitive eyes because of being a contact wearer, and while this never upset my eyes, it would be creamy enough to migrate and coat my contact lens. Once it is on something, it *can* budge, but it doesn't really unless there's a lot of force (I lost two contacts to this). So, if you forget you have wings and scratch your eyes, yes, it may smudge, but it did not migrate from my eyes for me in a humid summer unless I actively moved it. I did not notice any fading from this product either, which is pretty incredible, however, I only owned it in 90. I can't speak to any of the other colors having the same vibrancy.

Whereas the MAC Fluidlines are slightly dryer, meaning they don't migrate as easily (and therefore don't coat your contact lens), but they do dry out which I did not notice with Inglot. In the 8 months I used and owned this product, it did not dry out or even come close to drying out. Whereas, with the Fluidlines, I have to add contact solution to it to revive it every 2 months or so.

Bottom line: I plan on repurchasing when my MAC Fluidline runs dry. Well worth the price.

Pros:

- Cheap at $14/1.9 oz
- Creamy
- Does not dry out even after months of use
- Huge variety of colors available
- Pigmented
- Does not irritate sensitive eyes
- Does not migrate in humidity

Cons:

- Creamy to a fault
- Gets stuck on contact lenses (for people who have this)
- Smudgeable

on 6/22/2015 9:59:00 AM

Being a pro MUA I really wanted to like this product after hearing about it from many other colleagues. Sadly I feel like this is a very hyped up product everywhere from Instagram to websites. The product is highly pigmented, I will give it that. But it isn't waterproof, smudgeproof, nor creaseproof. It gives you some time for blending purposes, but thats it. At $14, I definitely know there are better products out there at better prices. I don't mind the price, but didn't like the product. Would not use again.

on 6/6/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have very mixed feelings about this eyeliner #77 it's honestly the darkest eyeliner ever and easy to apply, but it transfers on me or even a tiny bit of a mistake or fallout, when I try to clean it up it just smudges everywhere and it's hard to take off I end up ruining my makeup. But if I get lucky and goes on perfect with no fallout or smudge it's really dark and very long lasting. But I won't purchase again because I hardly use it because I'm always afraid I will mess up my whole makeup just for this eyeliner. Does this happen to anyone else?

on 5/28/2015 8:56:00 PM

REALLY disappointed...didn't last at all. Only used to do winged eyeliner and it came off right around my bottom eyelid. Never had that happen before. Packaging is pretty standard, and the price isn't TOO bad.

on 4/30/2015 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted this to work.it goes on easy and is really dark.i wore it on my water line and it was perfect for about two hours.then it just smeared like everything else.its strange that it smears but you ant wipe it off.thats when it decides to stick.spent all day wiping out of the corners of my eyes.same with under eye,tightline and with primer

on 4/23/2015 5:33:00 PM

It smudged all over even with primer.

Top Rated Inglot Products