September 18, 2014 | 1927 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expert Wear Eyeshadow Trio - Impeccable Greys

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This eyeshadow trio was just...okay.
I didn't really love it all that much; it's a decent trio, Impeccable Greys. I bought it on sale for about $4, assuming that it would be an awesome neutral trio. Having tried the newer Maybelline eyeshadows from the ExpertWear line and having luck with them, I hoped that this trio would make a great little essential-type thing. Unfortunately, it didn't really live up to that.
I liked the eyeshadow colors; you get an off-white "base" (which is more of a highlight), a silvery grey "lid" color, and a medium grey-taupe "crease". Upon swatch and application, it's quite a flattering trio of colors. I have warm-toned, pale skin, and this looked very nice and not overpowering at all.
The pigmentation was decent; the white and darkest grey are very nicely pigmented, while the silver lid color kinda lacks. The two mentioned above go on very nicely and are buildable; the dark grey especially is a great blending shade. However, the lid shade is much more sheer and chalky. I've noticed this to be the case with a lot of other Maybelline shadows; any light color seems to lack pigmentation, while the darks nail it. It doesn't seem to want to cooperate with the other eyeshadows, either. Going off of that, the texture of these shadows was decent; the dark grey was very smooth and easy to work with, while the silver and highlight colors were rather chalky. Not the best combination out there, but all three are still very versatile.
In terms of staying power, Impeccable Greys is okay. It doesn't really stay well for longer than 8 hours before the shadows start to crease, even with a good primer.
As for the price, it's reasonably priced; but, it's still a bit pricey for a drugstore brand. Originally, this was about $8. The packaging, as with most other Maybelline eyeshadows, sucks. Overall, this is an okay trio- it has good colors and the quality is hit and miss with each of these eyeshadows. I wouldn't consider this as anything that is absolutely essential; there are some much nicer grey palettes out there. I would /maybe/ recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by AndreaaaMariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

This eyeshadow is good for a drugstore brand. I wear it to school every once in a while, the colors look more blue than gray to me. It goes about 2 hours with out creasing (nyx eyeshadow base) and then I have to touch it up, it probably lasts a lot longer for other people since I have REALLY oily eyelids.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by georginapeach

i love these for going out. first i apply UDPP then blend the silver and the grey and they make a nice almost smokey shade that looks dramatic, but not too overpowering on my pale, cool toned skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2009 11:12:00 AM More reviews by emmit643

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The silver is too flakey/chunky.

Too bad, because the colours are really nice, and fairly pigmented.

I'll keep using it, but I won't rebuy it.
I'm lucky I bought this on sale for 4$ instead of 9$...I would've felt ripped off for 9$ :P

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by h20liliz

this product has 'potential'. it looks like a really nice palette but the quality of the powders are poor. the dark grey is a great color but the other ones (the silver and the white) are too sheer to blend properly. you can try to pack on the light colors but it's too chalky/powdery to really stay in place.

i wouldn't buy this again. there are other products out there that are much easier to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by imagin4sian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This thing is crap. The silver doesn't show up and the white is impossible to blend. The grey color was also disappointing. I don't think I'll ever buy any eyeshadows from maybelline again.

Edit: I gave this trio another try. I tried it wet and... OMG! They were SO vibrant! The pigment was GREAT! I'm so glad I gave it another try.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by woahitsbrooke92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product a while back, hoping to achieve a cute smokey eye look to go with plum lips, but it didn't quite work out. The colors LOOK pretty, but they are hard to blend, and seem to fade as the day goes on. You basically have to coat layers of the lid color because it doesn't come on in one swipe. So, no thanks, won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Blondiem93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for almost a month now. I love it! The only things that I really don't like about it is it's a litle too shimmery. The last negative thing I have to say about it is that you really have to blend it in or it'll be blotchy.. NOT CUTE! but over all I LOVE it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this during my obsession with smokey eyes. I thought this combination of greys would be subtle and sexy. The texture of the eyeshadow is okay. The lasting power could definitely be better, but it is d/s. The huge problem for me was the colors. They looked really terrible with my skin tone. I looked like a zombie. Granted, smokey eyes aren't the most flattering look for me, but seriously, it totally clashed with the rest of my face. I would never buy this again because now I know better. I guess if you're more cool toned, this might work for you? Don't quote me on that, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by jubeywho

I have the older version of this eye trio. probably about 6 years old. From the picture posted, mine looks a bit different. i gave the older version a 3 because of the lasting power. It lasts about 1/2 a day if that. The colors are good together and do blend well. I like to do a daytime smokey eye with this palette. I'm assuming that the new version is alot better though. The pigments might be slightly different as well.