November 26, 2014 | 1823 users online

Mascara - MAC - Zoom Fast Black Lash

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by mactracey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Damn fine mascara. Super black, and gives tons of volume. I am a mascara junkie, I admit it. I started using makeup in the 80's and used Donna Mill's "The Eyes Have It" book to learn how, so less is not more in my book. (for all you youngsters, google Donna Mill's eyes if you want to see what we wanted back in the decade of excess) Now I no longer used all the eye shadow and go for a more natural less slutty look at 48 than I did at 18, I still like my lashes to look great. I am a firm believer that you can't have too much drama when it comes to lashes, so if you are someone that wants the natural lash look, you may not like what I like. I think natural lashes are for pansies, so if you don't agree stop reading now... I like this because it's black, black, black and it's obvious you have some lashes after one coat. I use it with Clinique High Impact Curling mascara to finish things off, and I do that because this one is a little wet and also runs pretty easy. The Clinique locks it all in place. However, the MAC is where the volume and intense black comes from, so if you are a hard ass and you don't cry or your eyes never water, just this one will do. It's pretty awesome. I like a lot of lashes. I get lots of compliments and probably at least once a week write down what I use for mascara for someone that asks, so it must look okay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a pretty generous sample tube with an online order about a month ago. I've been a pretty loyal Tarte Light Camera Splashes user for a couple of years now because the formula is pretty much bullet proof and I've had issues with transfer and irritation with every other mascara I've tried. This one was a pleasant surprise. This is a true bold black in a thin formula that I've never had clump. Transfer is minimal by the end of the day and I usually only have that when the humidity is high. This thickens, seperates and lengthens very well and adds a little drama without being over the top. I've had no issues with irritation either. The wand is the perfect size for smaller eyes like mine and coats evenly. I only need 2 thin coats of this tops and my lashes look the same at the end of the day as when I put it on. One of the pet peeves I have with my regular brand is that the waxier formula can leave my lashes drooping after several hours of wear especially in high heat or humidity. I don't think I'd use this in the middle of summer when temps here climb into the triple digits but in the cooler months this will probably be my daily go to. I already find myself reaching for this sample more than the Tarte and I'll definitely repurchase when my sample tube runs out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by danceintherain55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I WISH that I could love and recommend this. This is BLACK like no other. Unfortunately, it has smudging and black goo in your eyes and transferring and such down to a science. Such a shame.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just tried this yesterday from my friend and I am buying my own ASAP! It's amazing. It's super blackkk! Lengthens and adds volume to the lashes. The brush is the perfect size(medium..not large and not small) to comb through each and every lash (even my tiny thin almost min existent bottom lashes...) love! Can't wait to buy my own

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

I disagree with the low rating. I really have no complaints. It has a deep black pigment and gives volume, length and thickness, the mascara holy grail Formula is wet, which prefer to get all the coats I want. Only issue is that brush isn't best fir separating lashes so they can clump together.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by BahattA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this mascara from a swap and it's simply great. Jet-black, gives great volume and length and is just great for me for every-day use. I have wheat colored eyelashes that are just invisible and use mascara on an everyday basis. It looks like this is my new ever-day basis mascara :)
The only thing I don't like is the fact that the package itself is velvet-like-plastic and gets very dirty, very fast.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

Was ok as far as how it looked on lashes,
but clumped in the container after a few months,
and from the beginning had the odd medicine-like
stink that Lancome mascara also has.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by msramona

This is a very frustrating mascara because it does clump up terribly. If I spend forever fussing with it, combing my lashes and taking ever so much time it looks great but it's way too high maintenance for me. I do love how black it is though so it does have that going for it. Would not recommend this mascara. Sorry MAC!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by KB333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay this is a TRICKY TRICKY product. The first two times I used it, I loved it, and claimed it to be the best mascara I ever used. The third time...it CLUMPED on me! So all I got to say is, be careful, apply your first coat very carefully. It's such thin liquid like a liquid liner so it can easily clump on you.

Usually if I apply it very cautiously I'll get lengthened and volumed eyelashes. Making it my alltime favorite mascara. When it works I LOVE IT, when it doesn't I get frustrated.

Check out my review at youtube.com/xoKEEBUUxo

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Melisaaaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I first tried this mascara out when i bought some stuff from mac and got it as a little sample, let me just say i was obsessed with it, i wasnt expecting it to be so good because iv heard alot of bad things about mac mascaras and how they arent worth the money and they clump but i really enjoyed this product. I found it works best when you use it ontop of a coat of mascara already such as the cover girl clump crusher, it really thickens your lashes, i always find my lashes look thicker/fuller/longer when i use this. id deffinatly recommend it to anyone who loves full lashes.