MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash

3.3

Water\Aqua\Eau, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyisobutene, Silica, Polyvinyl Acetate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Isostearic Acid, Polyester-5, PVP, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pantethine, Lauroyl Lysine, PEG-9 Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Laureth-4, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Simethicone, 1,2-Hexanediol, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol [+/- Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Black 2 (CI 77266), Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 2/3/2015 1:31:00 PM

After reading some other reviews, I totally get the negativity around this product. When I am cleaning my face at night it definitely is hard to remove and it does given you black eyes. I actually found using MAC Easy Off Eye Makeup Remover works the best for this mascara.

That being said - I love this mascara and have used it since it came out. I used to use the Zoom Fast (I think it was called???) but then a lady at MAC suggested this as it was new at the time and now it's the only thing I use. I tried Plush Lash and Dazzle Lash and just not the same. I have really dark brown eyes, so I really like very black, dramatic lashes on me.

With regard to some reviews that it runs with the slightest bit of moisture - that is true, it can. However, if you have the funds to do so (and I get not everyone does) purchase the eye lash primer and put it on before you put this mascara on. It has helped me to avoid the smearing, even at the gym! I can go to the gym, run 5K and it still isn't smearing anywhere. The primer will run you about the same as a mascara, with approximately the same life span, but in my opinion it's definitely worth it. And if you don't like it, MAC has a great return policy.

One big, big con to this product is its packaging! OMG it looks so nice when it comes out of the box and it's super dark and black and smooth but like 2 trips in my make up bag (because I go to the gym in the morning, so all of my things to get ready travel A LOT!!) and it's so dirty and you just can't get it clean - even with make up remover wipes. I would move this packaging to something similar to the dazzle lash (the shiny plastic) and it would be way better!

Another con is it does easily clump, and it takes some patience to work it through. I think it's worth it and I'm used to it. For me, I find if I curl my lashes before hand it makes a big difference. But that may not be true for everyone - I can't speak to that. It also does take some time to dry and you have to be careful with application. It's not as easy to use as Covergirl or the like, but the end result, for me, is more than worth the small effort. It's a wet formula so yes if you get too close to your lids, it will mark them. If you blink right away it will move to below your eyes. If you can put mascara on without blinking (and maybe I do because of my years of using this) then you shouldn't have those issues.

Overall - love, love, love this product from MAC. Other mascaras from MAC I can take or leave. And I've tried a lot - I'm a freelance makeup artist - on my clients (most of the time it was just a quick coat before falsies anyways, so a good test run)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I still go back to this mascara every time and have now stopped trying loads of different mascaras. This is still the best one! Makes your lashes extra black, thick and long. Mac always to to claim their new mascaras are better than the last! But I have stopped believing them and just stick to this one! The wand is slim so you can get to each lash. Just amazing!

on 11/16/2014 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

Damn fine mascara. Super black, and gives tons of volume. I am a mascara junkie, I admit it. I started using makeup in the 80's and used Donna Mill's "The Eyes Have It" book to learn how, so less is not more in my book. (for all you youngsters, google Donna Mill's eyes if you want to see what we wanted back in the decade of excess) Now I no longer used all the eye shadow and go for a more natural less slutty look at 48 than I did at 18, I still like my lashes to look great. I am a firm believer that you can't have too much drama when it comes to lashes, so if you are someone that wants the natural lash look, you may not like what I like. I think natural lashes are for pansies, so if you don't agree stop reading now... I like this because it's black, black, black and it's obvious you have some lashes after one coat. I use it with Clinique High Impact Curling mascara to finish things off, and I do that because this one is a little wet and also runs pretty easy. The Clinique locks it all in place. However, the MAC is where the volume and intense black comes from, so if you are a hard ass and you don't cry or your eyes never water, just this one will do. It's pretty awesome. I like a lot of lashes. I get lots of compliments and probably at least once a week write down what I use for mascara for someone that asks, so it must look okay.

on 10/2/2014 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I received a pretty generous sample tube with an online order about a month ago. I've been a pretty loyal Tarte Light Camera Splashes user for a couple of years now because the formula is pretty much bullet proof and I've had issues with transfer and irritation with every other mascara I've tried. This one was a pleasant surprise. This is a true bold black in a thin formula that I've never had clump. Transfer is minimal by the end of the day and I usually only have that when the humidity is high. This thickens, seperates and lengthens very well and adds a little drama without being over the top. I've had no issues with irritation either. The wand is the perfect size for smaller eyes like mine and coats evenly. I only need 2 thin coats of this tops and my lashes look the same at the end of the day as when I put it on. One of the pet peeves I have with my regular brand is that the waxier formula can leave my lashes drooping after several hours of wear especially in high heat or humidity. I don't think I'd use this in the middle of summer when temps here climb into the triple digits but in the cooler months this will probably be my daily go to. I already find myself reaching for this sample more than the Tarte and I'll definitely repurchase when my sample tube runs out.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I WISH that I could love and recommend this. This is BLACK like no other. Unfortunately, it has smudging and black goo in your eyes and transferring and such down to a science. Such a shame.

on 8/12/2014 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I just tried this yesterday from my friend and I am buying my own ASAP! It's amazing. It's super blackkk! Lengthens and adds volume to the lashes. The brush is the perfect size(medium..not large and not small) to comb through each and every lash (even my tiny thin almost min existent bottom lashes...) love! Can't wait to buy my own

on 8/5/2014 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I disagree with the low rating. I really have no complaints. It has a deep black pigment and gives volume, length and thickness, the mascara holy grail Formula is wet, which prefer to get all the coats I want. Only issue is that brush isn't best fir separating lashes so they can clump together.

on 6/4/2014 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this mascara from a swap and it's simply great. Jet-black, gives great volume and length and is just great for me for every-day use. I have wheat colored eyelashes that are just invisible and use mascara on an everyday basis. It looks like this is my new ever-day basis mascara :)
The only thing I don't like is the fact that the package itself is velvet-like-plastic and gets very dirty, very fast.

Was ok as far as how it looked on lashes,
but clumped in the container after a few months,
and from the beginning had the odd medicine-like
stink that Lancome mascara also has.

on 1/20/2014 12:06:00 AM

This is a very frustrating mascara because it does clump up terribly. If I spend forever fussing with it, combing my lashes and taking ever so much time it looks great but it's way too high maintenance for me. I do love how black it is though so it does have that going for it. Would not recommend this mascara. Sorry MAC!

Top Rated MAC Products