L'Oreal Elnett Very Volume

4.4

on 3/10/2015 5:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Before this was available in Target, I brought back from Europe as many cans as I could fit in my luggage. Then, I paid huge amounts to buy it on Ebay. So I was thrilled when it came to the States. The fine mist is what makes it my HG hair spray, and I hate hair spray. It brushes out and doesn't leave a lot of build up, also it keeps my curls even with longer hair. The stuff is great and the price is very good. I don't recommend a lot of products, but this is one I have no problem recommending.

on 3/10/2015 4:44:00 PM

I've been looking for a hairspray that will hold my fine, limp hair when I curl it. This is pretty good for the price. I read a lot of good things about it. What I like the most is when you comb it out, your hair doesnt flake into a gross mess. The hold is fairly good but still not enough in humidity. The worst part of this though is the smell. It smells really terrible. A very strong chemically smell. Smell is important to me and I was really put off by the smell. You get good value for what you pay but be prepared for the terrible smelling fumes.

I really like this hairspray. It volumizes my thin, fine hair very nicely. I just spray my hair and fluff with my fingers, and BAM, I've got tons of hair!

The downside is the smell. I literally cough when I use this, but because it works so well, I just use in a ventilated area.

on 2/19/2014 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This has always been my favorite hair spray and I keep coming back to it, because I can't find anything better than this. No, it doesn't give miraculous volume, but it holds pretty good and seems invisible, like you haven't sprayed anything on your hair at all. It's not sticky and doesn't leave any residue. I doesn't weight down your hair and it can be brushed out easily. I also love the smell of it. The normal Elnett spray has a bit of nasty smell, but this one really smells like a classy vintage hairspray. Which Elnett in a way is, because it's been around since the sixties.

on 10/28/2013 8:49:00 PM

Love the non sticky and un crunchy hold. Gives me great volume. The smell is STRONG, but not a deterrent for me. I'm a convert. Perfect for my fine hair. Little bit pricey for my liking, but sometimes you do get what you pay for. A dry spray, bonus, sometimes cheaper hairsprays go on so wet it's like your head just went under a produce mister at the grocery store. Had problems breaking the security tabs, probably due to not wanting to break the aerosol sprayer of the super-expensive product I just bought and having that spray locked in there forever. Splurge on this if you can, most def.

on 2/1/2013 10:10:00 AM

This hairspray certainly has good and bad qualities. I'm mostly underwhelmed by it though, and wouldn't purchase it again, so I'll just list a few of both pros and cons.
PROS:
-It doesn't make hair crunchy or stiff
-It smells nice (to me)
-It has a soft hold and brushes out easily
CONS
-It's not a strong enough hold for my fine hair
-It stinks (to my boyfriend)

That's about it.

on 1/10/2013 10:59:00 PM

I hate hair spray because it feels like shellac, all sticky and crusty. But I wanted something to hold my hair into place. And this worked, even on a humid, rainy day it kept my hair in place while feeling soft. It's a little on the costly side, but completely worth it! Seriously!

on 12/28/2012 3:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love this. This was the first formula I've purchased from the Elnett range, and I'm so pleased with it. I've generally avoided hairspray as I always associated it with sticky and crunchy hair - yuck! However, the Elnett spray very volume formula does not leave my hair sticky or crunchy; rather it holds my hair in place, and actually makes my hair look quite shiny! This spray, combined with Batiste dry shampoo, makes my fine hair look more polished and volumised. It smells nice too and I don't need to wash my hair the next day after use. And I think the vintage gold can looks very nice. Will definitely repurchase.

on 1/12/2011 6:49:00 PM

I like this hairspray granted that it doesn't have the best smell in the world. Its not sticky, it holds, and you can comb through your hair with it on. Its awesome. I purchased the small one and it was about seven dollars. The one thing that happens its that the sprayer gets clogged from time to time.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

WOW!! WOW! this definately tamed my hair and I live in humid conditions! the hold lasted all day! I have thick hair and not John Frieda, Paul Mitchell, Tressame, Suave, Bed Head, Aussie, Redken, Garnier, Herbal Hessence, or Pantene could give me hold with non-sticky texture like Elnett!!
this is a definate favorite for me! love it! love it! I hope it never gets discontinued in the USA. I highly recommen it!

Popular Styling Products