December 22, 2014 | 1081 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Elnett Very Volume

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this hairspray. It volumizes my thin, fine hair very nicely. I just spray my hair and fluff with my fingers, and BAM, I've got tons of hair!

The downside is the smell. I literally cough when I use this, but because it works so well, I just use in a ventilated area.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by 1Tanya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has always been my favorite hair spray and I keep coming back to it, because I can't find anything better than this. No, it doesn't give miraculous volume, but it holds pretty good and seems invisible, like you haven't sprayed anything on your hair at all. It's not sticky and doesn't leave any residue. I doesn't weight down your hair and it can be brushed out easily. I also love the smell of it. The normal Elnett spray has a bit of nasty smell, but this one really smells like a classy vintage hairspray. Which Elnett in a way is, because it's been around since the sixties.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Jennorrrita

Love the non sticky and un crunchy hold. Gives me great volume. The smell is STRONG, but not a deterrent for me. I'm a convert. Perfect for my fine hair. Little bit pricey for my liking, but sometimes you do get what you pay for. A dry spray, bonus, sometimes cheaper hairsprays go on so wet it's like your head just went under a produce mister at the grocery store. Had problems breaking the security tabs, probably due to not wanting to break the aerosol sprayer of the super-expensive product I just bought and having that spray locked in there forever. Splurge on this if you can, most def.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This hairspray certainly has good and bad qualities. I'm mostly underwhelmed by it though, and wouldn't purchase it again, so I'll just list a few of both pros and cons.
PROS:
-It doesn't make hair crunchy or stiff
-It smells nice (to me)
-It has a soft hold and brushes out easily
CONS
-It's not a strong enough hold for my fine hair
-It stinks (to my boyfriend)

That's about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by joliecoquine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate hair spray because it feels like shellac, all sticky and crusty. But I wanted something to hold my hair into place. And this worked, even on a humid, rainy day it kept my hair in place while feeling soft. It's a little on the costly side, but completely worth it! Seriously!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this. This was the first formula I've purchased from the Elnett range, and I'm so pleased with it. I've generally avoided hairspray as I always associated it with sticky and crunchy hair - yuck! However, the Elnett spray very volume formula does not leave my hair sticky or crunchy; rather it holds my hair in place, and actually makes my hair look quite shiny! This spray, combined with Batiste dry shampoo, makes my fine hair look more polished and volumised. It smells nice too and I don't need to wash my hair the next day after use. And I think the vintage gold can looks very nice. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

I like this hairspray granted that it doesn't have the best smell in the world. Its not sticky, it holds, and you can comb through your hair with it on. Its awesome. I purchased the small one and it was about seven dollars. The one thing that happens its that the sprayer gets clogged from time to time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW!! WOW! this definately tamed my hair and I live in humid conditions! the hold lasted all day! I have thick hair and not John Frieda, Paul Mitchell, Tressame, Suave, Bed Head, Aussie, Redken, Garnier, Herbal Hessence, or Pantene could give me hold with non-sticky texture like Elnett!!
this is a definate favorite for me! love it! love it! I hope it never gets discontinued in the USA. I highly recommen it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I generally hate hairspray because my hair is fine and most sprays tend to leave it matted or crunchy. Elnett gives my hair volume, but the style stays flexible - so no helmet hair. I like the fact that it doesn't leave a residue, because the fine texture of my hair is prone to getting weighed down easily - plus, some products seem to darken the look of its light blonde colour, but not Elnett. The packaging is quite uninspiring (it looks really dated), but I've found it to out-perform high end (and more attractively presented) products. Elnett really does deserve its cult status.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Bindi7

I've been using this for about 9 months and i love it! I spray it over my hair after blowdrying and then used daily as the finishing touch to hold my style. I have fine straight hair and this gives it a nice amount of volume without weighing my hair down or making it feel sticky. If i put waves in my hair then again this gives great lift and a nice flexible natuaral hold. Before i started using this i hated hairspray but now i can't live without very volume!!!!