E.L.F. Studio Blush Brush

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i think that this is a nice brush to have if you don't want to invest in a really great quality blush brush. my problem is that the handle of this (and other elf studio brushes) are often hollow inside and feel very wobbly, ready to fall apart at a moment's notice. the pros of this brush are that it picks up powder blush very well and that it is great for precise placement of brush on the cheek. the problem is that this blush will pack on a very concentrated amount of blush in one spot and is not good for blending. if u have to bu/use a second blush brush just for blending, the price of this one is not so amazing

on 2/17/2015 5:11:00 AM

There are only 2 brushes I make a grab for on a daily basis and will panic a little when they break: e.l.f.'s Studio Complexion Brush and Studio Blush Brush. They do the job for $3 each, the bristles are soft and gentle on the skin, and they last a long time with regular care and washing. The Studio Blush Brush picks up an ample amount of powder blush so I apply it in a gentle build-up by dabbing it on the apples of my cheeks and sweeping it along afterward.

I have had my Studio Complexion Brush for at least 4 years (... still good!) but I am on my 3rd Studio Blush Brush in the same amount of time since the ferrule (the metal part) of the brush would break off from the handle often, even when these are washed in cold water to prevent the glue from detaching within the ferrule. But for $3 each, it definitely doesn't hurt to replace it.

on 2/9/2015 9:44:00 PM

Great brush for contouring/hi-lighting! This brush has a pointy tip which isn't ideal for applying (light handed/subtle/natural looking) blush. Bristles are firm but also super soft, so a little product will go a long way. Lastly, I deep clean my brushes on a bi-weekly basis and this brush hasn't lost it's shape due to shedding, etc. With the quality of a high end brush and the cheap price tag ($3 at target), I'd highly recommend this brush to everyone [again for contouring/hi-lighting, and not so much for blush-ing] ;-)

on 1/20/2015 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This isn't great for applying blush, but for applying highlighter & setting your undereye concealer - this brush is a WINNER. Its size and shape is absolutely perfect for setting your undereyes with powder. And for $3, I have not even once noted any shedding. Thank you kathleenlights for introducing me to this brush!

on 1/15/2015 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Too pointy to be a blush brush, and for me it's not quite stiff enough. I prefer a domed, more dense brush for my blush. Especially cream blush.
I don't use powder base, blush or bronzer, so I can't say how it would work there. It didn't work for my pressed or loose powder highlighters, (MAC vanilla and PF mineral glow pearls). Too soft and loose, or not dense enough, respectively.
I'll try it sideways, damp, with my foundation and update if it ends up being usable.

on 12/18/2014 10:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

You get what you pay for with this one. I bought this for $3 at Target in an emergency make-up malfunction. But for daily use I wouldn't use this. It holds so much of my product in it, powder just sticks to this like glue. And when I clean it the bristles get loose, even though I hang it upside down to dry and am very gentle when washing. Overall, it's cheap, but bad quality.

on 12/14/2014 6:17:00 PM

This is a great blush brush. I actually use it for contouring which I find pretty easy to do with this brush. My target didnt carry the angled blush brush and I think this works great for contouring or blush. And only 3 dollars!!

on 11/12/2014 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great little brush that is soft, finely bristled with no fallout, and sweeps color effortlessly for blushes or contouring. A little small for my liking, but definitely a great brush to have on hand for an affordable price.

on 11/8/2014 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This brush is so cute! It has a pointy end and is perfect for applying highlighters. I can't really use it for blush because it's so small, but it does serve a purpose for me and I will repurchase if I need too.

on 11/7/2014 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's soft and doesn't pack too much product. I don't like using too much blush. With this brush I'm able to get just the right amount.