Urban Decay Show Pony Palette

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Yaaay! Finally my first Urban Decay Palette! Toasted, Smog, and Mildew are now my go-to colors! The colors are so beautiful and I cannot thank my friend enough for giving me this palette. I'm glad to have finally found the name for it. Excellent staying power and beautiful pigments.

on 10/30/2011 4:27:00 PM

This is my first UD palette!
I really like the mix of colors that this has to offer -two perfect browns (toasted and smog) a bright blue and bright purple, an earthy green, and a subtle peach.
The quality of UD shadows are something else! Super smooth and pigmented.
The packaging with the creepy girls on the front I don't particularly like but it deosn't bother me either, I can ignore them.. I just care what's inside.
Now I definitly get why UD palettes are so talked about!

on 8/7/2011 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I purchased this from UD for $15 dollars. It came with a mini Primer Potion and mini liner (in Zero). The shadows are extremly pigmented and blend very well. I would definitely purchase again.

on 6/28/2011 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I picked this up for around $13 (it was on sale and I had a BI 15% off pass), but I would say it's worth the full price of around $30! I don't like the art on the box, but the shadows are smooth, blendable, gorgeous, and you get a nice assortment of colors.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I really like this palette a lot, but I don't like the UD regurgitates all their colours into their 'new' palettes. I think this one had one or two new colours, but the rest are either permanent or dupe-able. I also really dislike how chunky/glittery/shimmery UD shadows tend to be. I do like the colour range in this palette & honestly love each shadow in it. I'm not a fan of the huge & gimmicky packaging, though. I think eventually I will depot these & toss the case as it's just a little obnoxious to me. Still, the colours are nice & having a 24/7 Zero liner is always a plus :)

Only $19 CAD, what a steal!
This was my first Urban Decay purchase (excluding Big Fatty Mascara a few years back >.>) and I am in love!
The shadows are very pigmented, creamy and have great lasting power. I was a bit intimidated by the shades Flash and Painkiller at first, but after testing them out I find I can actually pull them off.
Like everyone else I'm disappointed by the glitter in Snatch, but I love the colour so much I wear it regardless. I'm very careful when I apply it and I notice minimal glitter fallout.
The mini 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil is amazing, true to it's name it glides on effortlessly and stays put!
The mini Primer Potion is the only thing I have trouble with.
I have dry skin, and it makes my eyelids extremely dry and flaky. I've never experienced this before! I felt like the Cryptkeeper.
Though it did do it's job at at keeping my shadow vibrant and in place. I won't be repurchasing the full size though and will probably give future mini ones to friends.

on 5/3/2011 10:34:00 PM

For the price (it was on sale of a sale for only 16!), this is of GREAT value. Even though I don't use this often, as I'm more of a neutral-eyed girl, I have no regrets on purchasing this. I use Snatch the most out of this palette and I don't find it to be all *that* bad as far as the glitter goes. You just "press" it on your lids. Some fallout may occur, but just sweep it off your cheeks and your good to go. I haven't experienced any fallout as the day went on, only initial application.

PRO'S:
+ Great value - 6 eyeshadow's and a mini 24/7 liner & a mini primer potion for only 16 dollars. A single eyeshadow from them is worth 16 dollars already!
+ Quality is up to par with the rest of the Urban Decay shadows. Pigmented, vibrant, and buttery-smooth- very easy to blend.
+A whole variety of shades. There's a good mix of neutrals and color. There aren't any 2 that are too similar/a-like, so you get to experiment with different shades.

CON'S:
- I wouldn't even consider this a real con, but I guess the glitter in Snatch. I mean, UD is known for it's bright colors and glitter, so I don't think it's fair to knock-off points for this.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this palette. It'd be a great intro to the UD brand.

on 5/3/2011 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is that it introduced me to colors I love and a couple I could do without. I love 4 out of the 6 eye shadows, and for $16, that can't be beat. UD eye shadow is lovely and versatile. You can brush it on lightly for subtle looks or wet it and it serves as a vibrant liner. The very best part of this pallet was the 24/7 liner... I'm in LOVE! That stuff stays put! I will definitely be buying a few of these bad boys in their full size options. Glad I got this and is worth way more than I paid for it!

on 4/27/2011 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Overall, Show Pony is great palette. It contains one of my favourite eyeshadows, Toasted (and that's saying a lot, because my eyeshadow stash is enormous). Smog is also nice, it's just a bit too orange on me. Flash is a pretty purple, though I expected it to be more pigmented. Painkiller is a tough colour to wear, so I usually don't. Mildew is also top quality, and a versatile crease shade. I haven't touched Snatch because it's a glitterbomb - and I mean huge HUGE chunks of loose glitter. I wish they had included Scratch instead. Finally, I hate the packaging, but I keep it around because I adore Toasted, and many of the other shades are quite wearable as well.

on 4/12/2011 2:35:00 AM

I am waiting to get mine. I read a review/swatch on youtube and colors look really nice and pigmented! For $16 I think it's worth the colors!

Popular Palettes