Hard Candy Kal-eye-descope Baked Duo Break Up

4.6

on 6/18/2011 3:42:00 PM

I really love green eye shadows and this one is my favorite. It is such a beautiful shade of green. I work 8 hours per day in the medical field, and this stays put all day, with my e.l.f. Primer of course! I hope they don't discontinue this!!

on 4/17/2011 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I thought this eyeshadow was very good, it just really didn't suit my taste. It faded away after about 4 hrs. but it did a good job with bringing my eyes out in that time being.

on 10/12/2010 3:17:00 PM

Okay so I actually really like this. I saw a review of it over at Rae's "The Notice" and wasn't too sure about the pigmentation, but when WalMart got a whole new section of Hard candy stuff I grabbed this metallic olive and creamy gold.

So I was a half right on the pigmentation. It could have been more color less sparkle and glitter IMO, but part of that is because of how I was applying it. It's still very glittery, BUT. It's baked so my EcoTools brush didn't really grab much product. However, I happened to try it using a sponge. Grabs WAAAAY better and the color popped out a lot more. So if your hesitant about that, just try it using a sponge.

I took a lippie off for packing because for the first couple week I had to seriously struggle to get it open. Like prying at it, and I took out 2 small chunks of product with my nails while struggling and it popped open violently on me. However, my sister's works fine and mine eventually worked, so I think it was just a dud.

So if you want to try out a couple new Fall colours or products, this isn't a bad buy. The colours are lovely when applied with a sponge and there's TONS of product so you won't run out anytime soon.

Cheers.
xoxox.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Cheap and great! Such a beautiful duo. I grab this for an everyday look.

on 4/26/2010 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have gotten so many compliments on this! I wish there was more color payoff, but I can deal with it. I love the gold shimmer in it as it is more flattering to my skin.

on 1/8/2010 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Very pretty duo! I was really drawn in by the metallic look of the shadows. The colors are somewhat subtle. Used together dry you get a soft shimmery look. Used wet there's more color and they blend well. The colors work together beautifully and i can't wait to try them blended with other brighter shadows.

on 11/18/2009 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Very pretty and long lasting.

on 10/25/2009 8:33:00 PM

I was afraid to try this eyeshadow because I tried the mascara from this new version of Hard Candy and I thought the mascara was terrible. Nonetheless, I was tempted by the eyeshadow after exploring the similar-looking products at the MAC counter. I was really pleasantly suprised by this eyeshadow. The duo consists of a very pale gold and a golden green color. Applied dry they go on very sheer, but when wet, go on very pigmented. I've used them over a sheer layer of Revlon Illuminance shadow with a bit of powder and the shadow lasts a very long time, maybe one touch up needed in 12 hours. The best way to apply them wet is with a sponge-tipped applicator. I find a wet brush takes off what you just put on, if you try to go over the same area. This still happens somewhat with the sponge, but I let it dry and tap on more. I've also put more dry shadow on top and used a blender brush to really even it out, especially if I see a spot of shine that stands out too much. The shadow really has a foil finish and is higly pigmented when applied wet. I already have purchased some other colors and I can say the shades are flattering. The brighter green shade another duo, "pick up line", is more of a going-out color than the golden green color of this duo. At one of my local Wal-marts every shade is almost sold out. I would not be afraid to try this if you are at the age where you are afraid of frosted color because I should be but I think these look great. Really, I find that makeup for old ladies or middle-agers that is suppose to look "youthful" is more aging than just wearing youthful makeup, within reason, that is. I think if you put intense colors on your eyes it overcomes that washed out look that often comes to the eyes with age.

on 10/22/2009 3:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is a great eyeshadow duo- the colors are complimentary but you can also use them separately. I think they are somewhat unique in a d/s brand and are very pigmented. I used an eyeshadow brush to apply both shades but a sponge applicator would probably give a deeper color, which I will try next time. The price is right and you get two highly pigmented colors, and it's large amount of eyeshadow for your money :) I also have the "Ab Fab" shade and the "Bad Reputation" shade and will probably be getting more :)

on 9/24/2009 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Break up is a duo of two gold infused shadows. One pale shimmer shade that has a golden tone like opal. The other shade is a beautiful green. Still golden slightly, harder to describe... Almost khaki, and sort of a light Autumn green. They are soft, and for me they last all day with no primer. I will be buying more of these duo's, and trying the rest of their products.