October 2, 2014 | 1851 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Kal-eye-descope Baked Duo Rock n Roll

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: I gave this product 5 lippies without even trying it wet yet, it's that good! I loved the colors applied dry: a grayed purple, which looked great with my hazel eyes, and a STUNNING (could I possibly say that even louder?) pale duochrome pink/peach, which I used as a brow bone highlight. It looks like veined pink in the pot, but it has a subtle peach duochrome to it. Lovely texture, good pigmentation. I'm looking forward to using it wet later on, especially the pink shade. I hope it's bright enough for a lid shade.
Applied over Fyrinnae PE: Good, thick pigmentation. Easy to pick up on the brush and applied without fallout. I don't blend, so I can't comment on that part.
Where did I buy this: I swapped for this, but I understand that the Hard Candy line is available at Walmart. I've also seen these on eBay./
Price: I think they are around $6.00 at Walmart, which is a steal for these eyeshadows!
Packaging: The domed pot is a little awkward but not impossible to use. I usually depot my eyeshadows (yes, even MAC and Urban Decay) into small zip-lock sample baggies to make storage easier, but the in-pan layout of these duos prevents doing that while keeping the two colors separate. That's the only thing that bums me out a little is having to store these somewhat bulky duos because I can't depot them. I'd like to see them in separate little pans, like with Wet ' Wild trios; those are easy to depot. This does not come with an applicator, but who cares? The included applicators are usually crap anyway and just get thrown out.
Would I buy again: Yes, and I've already put in a "Best Offer" on an eBay lot of three duos as well as put the duos on my MUA wish list:-)
EDIT 6/17/13: Tried both colors wet today. Purple and bright pink/gold metallic goodness! You NEED this NOW! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by tracyveronika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is great for creating a shimmery purple smokey eye. I use it dry (I don't have much lucky with wet application) and it's still very pigmented if I use it over primer and a sticky base (NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese.) Love the price and it last a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by xliu4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love the lavender color!!! I'm obsessed with this quad lately. The eyeshadows are high quality IMO, very pigmented, long lasting, and both colors are pretty. Not crazy about the dark purple shade, but the light shade is to die for. Packaging is decent, for the price it's a very good deal :) This is my first Hard Candy product, will try others from the brand!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by chloeemina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The picture of this duo is way off - it looks like pink and brown, but it's actually a light lavender and dark purple-gray. The color combo goes together really well and it looks nice on your lids! The shadows are soft and silky and very easy to blend. The shimmer in it is really pretty! It's almost metallic in a way. The colors are very subtle, so this is good if you want to use purple eyeshadow without it being too bright :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by meetmeinmontauk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this, along with another duo in the same trip. Both of them have nice colors, but layered over UDPP still don't last a typical work shift for me. They are ok, but not something I'll purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by hair2nails

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OK. AMAZING EYE SHADOW! I am buying this again, and again, and AGAIN. The color is AMAZING. Shimmery, but not glittery, its so sleek and shiny. The color is wonderful. A smoky eye with this is just amazing. The product applies well and last a long time. It looks great with any hazel and brown eyes.AND OMG, IT LOOKS 10X BETTER WET! My only complain is mine broke fairly fast just from being in my purse, BUT when it breaks, take it, put it in a bowl, smash up the product add some rubbing alchohal and it will for into a kind of playdough substance, pack it back into the origonal packaging and you have yourself and dark shimery metalic purple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

This dome shaped, shimmery baked eyeshadow duo is very nice. I have used it many times before actually writing this review. Itís pretty typical, as far as baked eye shadows go. It is very shimmery, and you have to use it carefully, but I feel like this does not have nearly as much in the way of fall out as some other baked shadowís Iíve used. The colors are a light purple and a medium smokey purple. (The picture above looks totally off on my monitor Ė its not nearly that pink/brown) The difference in the shades isnít a lot, but enough to add definition. It is a fun color, but it not over the top. I typically wear neutral shades, but I feel that even though this is purple, it is still something I can wear during the daytime or at work. Usually when I wear it I pare it with gray eyeliner and smoke it out on the bottom. Or, for a dramatic nighttime look I can amp it up with a little black in the outer corner. I think it looks very nice. You might not like this if you donít like really shimmery colors. It works really great used dry or wet. I use UDPP and get pretty good color pay off (not amazing, but good) and it lasts all day long without problems. If you really want to intensify the look, you can foil it, or use eye-poxy Ė that really intensifies the look! I really want to try some of the other shades! The packing is really cute, but also stable, and the price is very reasonable. I say go out and try one!

A previous poster compared it to the Maybelline duos. I like the Maybelline one, but I will agree these are much better! The color pay off is better and this one is a lot less dusty as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by yangtanw

Got this off the shelf by pure impulse. I didn't expect so much from this product because there weren't so much reviews when I got it. I was surprised with how much I fell in love with these HC baked duos. The pigmentation wasn't out of this world but it's expected for a baked product no matter what brand it is. It's very buildable. I like how tightly pressed it is so the shadows don't fly all over. I can wear this whole day with or without primer and it doesn't crease. Very good quality in my opinion.

Shade wise, I love the variety of colors. I've tried Rush Hour and Rock and Roll so far and I'm in love with both. I can't wait to get more colors! What I hate is that Walmart does not restock quickly enough... these babies run out so fast!!!

P.S. Rock and Roll is by far my fave purple shade eyeshadow. Love the dark purple for the perfect smokey eye without the blacked eye look :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Starae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this eyeshadow. The colors are gorgeous and show up nicely (I have issues with purple shadows for some reason)
I was recently disappointed by Maybelline's studio purple icon palette, but loved one of the lavender colors in it. When I bought this two weeks later, I was happy to find that the lighter color is almost exactly what was in the Maybelline palette.

The colors are a bit sheer but can be easily layered up. I love using the darker, slate color for a liner as well for the outer corner of my eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by ICKSICKYUCK

These eye shadows are great, especially for the price. They aren't glittery or sparkly.... more like a soft shimmer. The perfect amount of pigment ... the lighter colors tend to look better than the dark though. I love rush hour but I only use the pinkish mauve side, the brown is kinda ugly. I stick to my Antiqued by MAC for the brown when I blend. I was using mythology for the pinkish color on my lid but I will defiantly buy rush hour again just for the one side... it's only six$ beats 14$... STICK TO LIGHTER COLORS... DARKER COLORS ARE WACK <3