September 1, 2014 | 2032 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Ageless Intensives Tone Correcting Moisture SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Would I buy again? Maybe.... So I put yes, but I fight with if I would or would not.

The big problem? This tiny, but very expensive regularly priced bottle barly lasted 3 weeks.

Sure I put on my sunscreen a little heavy, but isn't that what you're suppose to do? Protect your skin strongly?

The product seemed to improve my skin somewhat. I'm just not sure dramatically enough to compenstate its pricetag. At first I also experienced some slight burning, likley related to the retional. Do I notice improvement to lines? Not really. They're still there. Maybe not so pronounced, but there. Did it even out skin? Not much, I still have some unevenness going on. At this price point, and this product's claim on tone correcting I feel like my skin should be much more even than it is.

I only tried this product because I happened to find it on sale for about 10$. I would be much more dissapointed if I spend 18-22$ on it. It's nice, but fell short on its claims, on top of getting a very small amount of product to boot. I'll stick with my normal sunscreen for now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has a lot going for it and I wanted to like it, but it's just not for me.

PRO:
-hygienic pump bottle
-thin lotion consistency that sinks in well
-no heavy sunscreen smell or white cast
-no heavy fragrance
-application causes immediate evening out of skin tone (for me this is a cosmetic effect; it did nothing for fading spots, just caused a nice radiant overall tone)
-handy small travel size
-spf 30
-lots of beneficial ingredients

CON:
-burns terribly if it gets in your eyes
-Retinol seems rather strong and sensitising. My entire face started burning up after about two weeks use. My eyes got puffy and my face looked dried out and wrinkly. I did not have any peeling or flaking, but the corners of my mouth felt like they were raw. Overall, just horribly uncomfortable and difficult to find relief. Too painful to try to "power through" in hopes of future benefits. Eye area looks bad enough for me not to want to leave the house.

I use/have used other retinol products. A couple of them have caused no problems and one other caused painful peeling near my eyelids. The Neutrogena is the only new product I have introduced into my regimen during the past two weeks, so I have to point the finger here for my issues.

-expensive for what you get
-glass bottle is breakable and heavy
-doesn't fade spots or improve skin tone from below the surface

That about covers it. No repurchase here. Might work for someone else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by gypsytejas

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As someone living in Florida, with fair skin, sunscreen is high priority. I use anything on my arms and legs but like something less sticky, greasy or heavy on my face and chest. And believe me I've tried them all, high and low priced. I've used this for a month and love it. No smell, not greasy feeling or too thick. I think it's pricy but the best for my face. If I want to add tinted moisturizer I can. I will also put it in my foundation for a bit of coverage if needed. Ans since the bottle is small, I carry it in my purse for re-application. I can't say it hascorrected my tone as I use Retin-A regularly and get facial peels for brown spots. But I love the texture and it soaks in better than some of the heavier creams. I'll keep buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by TemperamentalBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product works!!!! I have purchased and used a lot of tone correctors but none has matched the results I get from this product. The first week my face peeled and flaked a great deal, but this is expected and indicated on the package. The peeling is the exfoliation of your skin so stick it out. I have been using it for a month now and my skin is 90% better than when I started. First of all my ( slight to moderate ) acne is gone! which was an unexpected surprise and bonus, and my skin discoloration ( from past acne, sun damage) has cleared up! Trust me I am shocked this thing worked! I have used so many products on the market, one of which is well known ( Clinique dark spot corrector) and was disappointed, it made me break out and did nothing to improve my skin. It was only out of desperation I bothered to get this product and I am so happy I did. I know I may sound like a market campaign to promote this bloody product but I am just so very pleased! I really thought I would have to get laser treatment to even out my skin tone because nothing worked! My skin is now even, healthy and glowing. Yes, I went through a scaly beginning but now my skin is soft, smooth and most importantly even toned! which is all I wanted. One thing I should point out is you should close or " lock" the bottle everytime you use it, so that the lotion does not oxidize ( it does state it on the package). Also try not to use acne creams when using this product, I did in the beginning and it made my face VERY scaly. It was only after I realized when I skipped my acne cream regimine it still kept my acne at bay. I realized it worked on acne prone skin, and aided in reducing acne inflammation or flare ups. And... To boot is has an SPF which is an awesome bonus! I purchased it for $20 which is a bargain price considering how much I have spent on other creams. I would have given this 5 lippies but did not want to be too over zealous and jinx myself :) try it, try it try it!!! I hope it works for you!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Twizzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if this is the right product, but my moisturizer isn't tinted--it has a tiny bit of shine due to the mica particles in it--but this is a lovely moisturizer chock full of great stuff for my aging skin (turing 40 this month)--I have fair/porcelain skin, some freckles, some discoloration/aging spots, and have sensitive skin--I use the pore refining daily exfoliating cleanser with my clarisonic and tone with my Clinique mild toner and use the serum and then this in the morning, and my makeup glides over this--it's so soft, not sticky or oily, and love the SPF 30. I get this at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $17.99, which is nearly 4 bucks cheaper than Walgreens, CVS, or Target.....
My skin is soft, it glows, the aging spots are beginning to fade (thanks to the AHA and BHA in the toner and cleanser and the great stuff in the serum and moisturizer). My skin is in wonderful shape thanks, in large measure, to this product!
Beautypedia lists this as a best product, which is why I tried it--and all of the products I mentioned above are listed as best products on Paula's site, which is why I tried them--they work for me! Will def. repurchase!!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

This made my skin peel like a lizard's. I guess it works better for oilier types and I realize I'm supposed to peel with this because of the retinol but even after a week's time I'm STILL peeling. So had to back off from using this.

It does have a scent and for me that scent lingers.

Makeup does work well over it except for the peeling that was apparent. I also think the retinol caused some purging for me which is good I guess but I prefer for that to be happening at night and not during the day with my daily moisturizer.

Glass bottle is not the best for traveling but works well to preserve ingredients. Pump is great. Did like the luminous look this gave my skin from the mica but found the Olay Regnerist DNA cream with spf 30 to be a better fit for my maturing skin.

If you have oilier breakout prone skin, give it a try but for maturing skin types try the Olay one which is pricey but superior if you're at all dryish.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by puggy1234

Just bought this today - reading the other posts - this is still available in Canada. Like I said - just bought it today. :) Will post a review later.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 3:11:00 AM More reviews by atjay03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great!!
I had been searching for a moisturiser of at least spf 30 that didn't irritate my sensitive skin or cause my face to look shiny under my mineral makeup - and I have found it.
This feels very soothing going onto the skin and feels comfortable all day; but the best part about it is that it actually seems to function as a primer and keeps my makeup looking flawless all day with none of my usual breakthrough T-zone oil. It seems to hold my makeup and actually keep shine at bay.
It looks a little shiny when you first apply it but absorbs very quickly and leaves just a slight luminous finish that looks great under my mineral makeup and gives some life to my fair skin. It doesn't feel heavy at all or give any weird colour or finish to the skin (which MOST spf products do - lets face it).
I wasn't new to retinol products when I started using this but for those that are - maybe use it every third day to start out so that you don't get the retinol drying that can happen to some.
This is oil-free, non-comedogenic and contains retinol, vitamin c and stabilised spf 30. The glass bottle with a pump is easy to use and keeps the ingredients stable and there is barely a fragrance. All this makes this the BEST base for mineral makeup that I have found in my long quest!
Love this - overall it just gives me soft, even and protected skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! it is light weight and my acne scars are fading. One pump does my entire face. I read one review here on MUA about it being discontinued, I do not think that is true, I just purchased my first bottle in July via Amazon for $10.00 after pice shopping it at Ulta, where it was $15:00. This is much lighter than my previous HG Neutrogena Visibly Even Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 and dare I say works faster. Definitely new HG and will re purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by missx6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good and bad here. The bad: greasy, makes you shiny, takes a lot to rub the white in, stings like *wow* if you by chance get it in your eye o.O, relatively expensive ($20 for 29ml), you don't have to use much though.
The good: great primer for make-up, all day moisture, protects from sun, DOES correct tone (!) Albeit I am only 23, I tried it for the vitamin A derivative in it, it really helped with my rosacea and acne scaring. I used it for over a year though, so stay dedicated.