MAC Shell Cream Colour Base

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Synthetic Beeswax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Jojoba Esters, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tocophernol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxycholride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005)

I am NC 35 for most MAC foundations. I ended up getting Shell while looking for a highlighter that wasn't as expensive as Becca. It was an impulse buying because they only had three CCBs in display and even though the lady told me there were other colors that would look more "natural" for brown skin, I ended up buying Shell.

Pros:
-It does not look like it is just sitting on skin no matter how many layers you put. (blending is the key; gently tap over it with a beauty blender for the best results)
-It looks beautiful on the cheekbones. You can't tell that you have something on from a front side view. It only shows if light hits the highlighted area.
-Very versatile. I use it for my brow bone, the bridge of my nose, my cheek bones and my Cupid's bow.
-It is buildable. You can control the intensity.
-The pink is v subtle and I love how it looks in my skin. It gives a natural pinkish tone.
-It is definitely very reflective (esp when you put more than 2 layers)
-A great alternative for a more subtle everyday look. (I always put one layer of it for a workplace look)
- Avery handy packaging. You can carry it around too if you feel like you might need touchups.

Cons:
-It does sometimes look glittery instead of shimmery if its not blended well.
-Brushes were horrible for this product (at least for me). My fingers worked the best. So it depends in how you like to apply it.
-It does tend to clash with my oily T-zone. For people with oily skin, the glimmer it gives off might not be desirable. A powder over it is a must.
-It has a "white" reflectingness. If you are a WoC, then I would definitely advice you to get Bronze, Tint, Dusk or the darkest color for a more natural look.

Overall, I love this product. Shell might not be the best CCB for your skin tone but I love how it looks. Just try it in before buying it and you should be good :)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

oh this stuff is rad to use as a highlighter on cheeks!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

YESSSS! I love this! I'm a shimmer fan, so this is just perfect for me. It looks lovely in natural light, like your skin is really healthy and shiny. I also have a Cream Colour Base in 'Hush', and I can't really pick a favourite, they're very different but both very lovely.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

In my 40s I found that I could no longer wear powder shadows without getting a lizard-y, drying look on my lids. So I was really happy when I found MAC's cream color base in shell. I really like this color and application. It is easy to apply with a brush and stays on all day. The color is a light pink (but not glittery or 1970s "frost") and really complements my skin and eye color. Will definitely repurchase and try other shades as well.

I generally like MAC cream color bases, but not this one. The color is pinky beige and it doesn't really work well with my NW20/25 skin. Besides, it is the texture that I am not a fan of: instead of being creamy and glowy it is very gritty and glittery. I just don't find it very flattering.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This works great for highlighting on me. The pinkish/golden pearl finish is beautiful. It's versatile, I use it to highlight brow-bone, nose bridge, cheeks, and just above the cupid's bow.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Absolutely LOVING this CCB. My all time favourite blush is Mac ladyblush blushcreme (discontinued.) As it's a cream blush I wanted a cream highlighter so that they sit well together on my cheeks. I ordered Shell a few weeks ago and have been using it every day since. I apply it using a Mac 190 brush, load it up on the brush & dab it on the tops of my cheekbones. I feel the pink tone to Shell CCB would pair well with any pink blush & it certainly pairs well with my Mac Ladyblush. The end result is a pretty, glowynot too in your face sheen. Not too glittery at all in my opinion. I love this product and will DEFINITELY repurchase when it runs out.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Gorgeous!! I don't understand nasty reviews; if you tried the product before purchase, you would know there's some glitter in it. Nothing dramatic like some people say. I fell in love with it at the MAC counter and find myself reaching for it daily. Its luminous and looks flawless on tanned skin. No disco-ball effect, it just catches the light perfectly. I'd say a great value at only $18. I really love it with a powder highlight over it. I've gotten so many compliments, even a woman at Sephora put back all of her products to go get "the beautiful shimmer along my cheekbones" 5 lippies for me!

This is good stuff. As a beauty product collector that is slowly trying to downsize I really appreciate products that have multiple uses.

I was actually going to toss it while cleaning a drawer but decided to go to the mirror to try it out again. Very pretty on the eyes and also a face highlighter. But on the face you really have to blend properly to keep from looking overly frosty. I'd forgotten all about it as it was lost in the sea of cosmetics that I call my drawer.

This color works quite nice with my skin color so it's a keeper.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Shell is a gorgeous cream highlighter with a peachy beige shimmer that imparts a very natural luminous glow. I don't know why this is considered a blush by MAC because it's NOT a blush! It is a beautiful highlighter though and I love it!

Top Rated MAC Products