MAC Shell Cream Colour Base

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Synthetic Beeswax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Jojoba Esters, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tocophernol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid
May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxycholride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005)

on 3/7/2014 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

YESSSS! I love this! I'm a shimmer fan, so this is just perfect for me. It looks lovely in natural light, like your skin is really healthy and shiny. I also have a Cream Colour Base in 'Hush', and I can't really pick a favourite, they're very different but both very lovely.

on 3/1/2014 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

In my 40s I found that I could no longer wear powder shadows without getting a lizard-y, drying look on my lids. So I was really happy when I found MAC's cream color base in shell. I really like this color and application. It is easy to apply with a brush and stays on all day. The color is a light pink (but not glittery or 1970s "frost") and really complements my skin and eye color. Will definitely repurchase and try other shades as well.

on 10/18/2013 2:49:00 PM

I generally like MAC cream color bases, but not this one. The color is pinky beige and it doesn't really work well with my NW20/25 skin. Besides, it is the texture that I am not a fan of: instead of being creamy and glowy it is very gritty and glittery. I just don't find it very flattering.

on 8/5/2013 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This works great for highlighting on me. The pinkish/golden pearl finish is beautiful. It's versatile, I use it to highlight brow-bone, nose bridge, cheeks, and just above the cupid's bow.

on 7/30/2013 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Absolutely LOVING this CCB. My all time favourite blush is Mac ladyblush blushcreme (discontinued.) As it's a cream blush I wanted a cream highlighter so that they sit well together on my cheeks. I ordered Shell a few weeks ago and have been using it every day since. I apply it using a Mac 190 brush, load it up on the brush & dab it on the tops of my cheekbones. I feel the pink tone to Shell CCB would pair well with any pink blush & it certainly pairs well with my Mac Ladyblush. The end result is a pretty, glowynot too in your face sheen. Not too glittery at all in my opinion. I love this product and will DEFINITELY repurchase when it runs out.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Gorgeous!! I don't understand nasty reviews; if you tried the product before purchase, you would know there's some glitter in it. Nothing dramatic like some people say. I fell in love with it at the MAC counter and find myself reaching for it daily. Its luminous and looks flawless on tanned skin. No disco-ball effect, it just catches the light perfectly. I'd say a great value at only $18. I really love it with a powder highlight over it. I've gotten so many compliments, even a woman at Sephora put back all of her products to go get "the beautiful shimmer along my cheekbones" 5 lippies for me!

on 9/24/2012 12:49:00 AM

This is good stuff. As a beauty product collector that is slowly trying to downsize I really appreciate products that have multiple uses.

I was actually going to toss it while cleaning a drawer but decided to go to the mirror to try it out again. Very pretty on the eyes and also a face highlighter. But on the face you really have to blend properly to keep from looking overly frosty. I'd forgotten all about it as it was lost in the sea of cosmetics that I call my drawer.

This color works quite nice with my skin color so it's a keeper.

on 2/25/2012 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Shell is a gorgeous cream highlighter with a peachy beige shimmer that imparts a very natural luminous glow. I don't know why this is considered a blush by MAC because it's NOT a blush! It is a beautiful highlighter though and I love it!

on 1/27/2012 8:39:00 PM

I bought Shell 2 years ago because KandeeJohnson raved about it on youtube. I quickly hit pan on it and thought it was the best thing ever; but then i bought NARS copacabana (which is my favourite highlighter ever.. it gives a healthy glow without being glittery at all). Anyways, i was fishing through my collection recently and saw Shell and decided to try it out again (after all, I had already hit pan so it must be good right?) It wasn't very flattering. It's very glittery.. not shimmery/glowy... glittery. If you're looking for a good highlighter, skip shell and go for NARS copacabana multiple; it's a little expensive but so worth it as it looks way more natural and flattering.. plus it lasts FOREVER

on 1/14/2012 9:09:00 PM

Does'nt really show on my fair skin for some reason?? All you see is glitter. Not sure yet if I like it...

Popular Blush Products