September 30, 2014 | 1872 users online

Liquid - Collection 2000 - All Products

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by antoanto23

Collection long lasting foundation.
Amazing ,dry fast and give a very good coverage.I still prefer my Rimmel 25 hours but collection is a runner up.down side are the colours,a bit too pink or yellow.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Angelhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a review for four different Collection 2000 liquid foundations (in my search for the perfect foundation I figured I might as well try them as they are so cheap). For reference my skin is very fair (NW13 to NW15 in MAC, probably more towards NW13), so I bought the lightest color for all the foundations.

*** "Light Diffusing Foundation" AND "Natural Matt + Foundation" ***

I will review these two togheter, as they seemed to be very similar. I paid less than 2 pounds for each of these foundations, and they were just as bad as you would expect at that price. They come in the cheapest looking squeezy bottle imaginable, and the negatives just kept rolling from there:

- COLOR: the color for both of them is REDICULOUS. . Color 1 for Light Diffusing Foundation was called Cameo, and it is an insanely light and yellowish color, it made me look like a yellow ghost. Color 1 for Natural Matt + Foundation on the other hand, is called Natural Ivory, but the color has nothing to do with either "natural" or "ivory". It is a super dark orange that in my opinion could only fit medium to dark skinned people, so I'm afraid to even know how the darker colors for this foundation looks.

-STAYING POWER: "Horrible" pretty much sums it up. They never seemed to dry, I couldn't even put on powder blush as my face seemed too sticky even 10 minutes after applying, so I had to use a cream blush. The foundations both kept transfering throughout the day, and by the end of the day there didn't seem to be much left.

- FINISH / COVERAGE: The finish for both the foundations actually looked okay, but they both did highlight any dry patches on my skin, and made my T-zone very oily after a while. The coverage seemed to be medium, but it was hard to tell because the color was so off.

- TOTAL: The color mismatch with these meant I could only try them out around the house, and I wore each only one time, but it was enough to be able to tell that I will never ever repurchase. One lippie.

*** Perfect Finish ***

I had higher hopes for this foundation as I had heard good things about it. The price was a little higher, I paid 5 pounds for it on eBay included shipping. It comes in a plastic bottle with a pump, which I find practical, and it doesn't look to bad either.

- COLOR: Color 1 in this foundation is called "Vanilla", and it is a perfect match for my skin (NW13 - NW15), that rarely happens so I was super excited! Just a natural looking fair color that is not too pink, not to yellow, and does not look orange at all in sunlight. Yay!

- STAYING POWER: Not very good at all unfortunately. Transferred througout the day, and was mostly gone by the end of the day. Made my T-zone super oily, which ofcourse did not help the foundation stay in place.

- FINISH / COVERAGE: Gave my skin the most beautiful finish. My pores seemed to just vanish, and I got a healthy radiant glow. Because it made my skin oily though, the finish did not look as good after a while. Coverage was medium +.

- TOTAL: An okay foundation for its price, but because of the very poor staying power and the fact that it made my skin so oily, I would not repurchase. Three lippies.

*** Naturally Radiant ***

This is the foundation that made my Collection 2000 haul worth it! I only paid two pounds for it, and it came in a squeezy bottle that I really liked, it was not at all cheap looking like most squeezy bottles for budget foundations.

- COLOR: Color 1 in this foundation was (as with "Perfect Finish" reviewed above) called "Vanilla", and it was perfect for my skintone.

- STAYING POWER: Not the best I have encountered, but not too bad either. With a setting powder it stays quite well.

- FINISH / COVERAGE: The finish was as beautiul as with the "Perfect Finish", and I would say it is somewhere in between dewy and matt. The coverage is medium +. It feels very light and nice on the skin.

- TOTAL: This does what I was hoping "Perfect Finish" would do, at an even lower price. It does not have the super staying power of for example Estee Lauder Double Wear, but if I want that, I would ofcourse just wear ELDW. I wear this foundation when I don't need a foundation that won't budge, but just want something light and natural looking that does not sit heavy on my skin (I also feel like this does not clog pores and cause breakouts at all). I love love love the color "Vanilla" for my skin, it is the best color match I have found in both drugstore and higher end foundations. It also makes me feel better about not "wasting" my more expensive ELDW on days when I'm not doing anything special.

I will definitily buy this again when it runs out! I give it 4 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by bluestar100

This is was quite good for the cheap price as despite the small colour range, they were actually quite good for pale skin, but it did touch off and I found that the texture was quite thick. This is not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by itsEmmaTime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like collection 2000 and I recently bought the lasting perfection foundation
The coverage is really nice, the packaging is great the only thing I don't like about this foundation and all collection 2000 foundations is that they never go pale enough for me :( but to anybody who isn't as pale as casper I recommend it because it's a beautiful foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was really pleasantly surprised by this foundation, Colour Match in Ivory. From buying a Collection 2000 foundation a couple of years ago I knew that their colour selection was really good for me - I am the palest of the pale! My skin is very dry and this foundation worked great, it felt really nice on my skin and didn't make me feel caked in make-up. I'm lucky enough to have quite good skin anyway so tend to wear a tinted moisturiser everyday with foundation just to cover any ruddiness on my cheeks or anywhere that needs a bit more coverage. This foundation is perfect because it gave me the coverage I was after without providing a mask like coverage - great for everyday. It gave a nice natural finish, which is quite illuminating, though not very dewy - I certainly wouldn't recommend this if you like a matte finish, but I don't! I know a lot of people will be put off by the Collection 2000 name and the cheap price, but this one really is worth a look!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by laurencampbell81

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Foundation. Its a reasonable foundation for the price and does the job. However, despite it being 'lasting perfection' I did have to re-apply it quite often. It also ran out very quickly after buying it.
Dont think I will be buying the product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by rachelicious904

This is a review for Naturally Radiant Liquid Foundation.
This foundation is EXACTLY what I need at the moment, I love it!!! It says it gives a 'fresh look' and 'hydrating effect' and it really does. It doesn't dry out my skin or make me break out. The shades are so dark though! I'm using ivory, the second to lightest one and it matches my tanned skin from using Jergens Daily Glow! This would be too dark on my normally pale skin so unfortunately for pale beauties this foundation is a no go :(! However, I put a small amount of this on after using my daily glow moisturizer and it makes me look fresh, radiant and really evens out my skin tone. It's so natural it doesn't even look like I'm wearing foundation, which I love! It also has spf 15 which is a bonus. This was just in my cupboard from when I'd had no money and been desperately in need of some foundation and I can't believe it's turned out to be perfect for me. It cost about 3 quid!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 4:04:00 AM More reviews by biojunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I brought this foundation on a whim after I used up all of my Rimmel 25 Hour Lasting Finish. I wanted something similar to my previous foundation but something relatively cheap. I tried the shade #3 in biscuit, which matched the skin on the back of my hand perfectly. But when I got home and applied this foundation to my face, I was horrified! My face was ghastly white, and I looked ill. The finish was dewy, and I did really like the effect it had on my face; the colour just looked awful. However, after I powdered my t-zone (lightly) and added a warmer powder to below my cheekbones, I was delighted with the results. I looked fresh and like I had hardly any make-up on.

Packaging: I loooooooooooove the packaging! It's simple, yet cute. It's a 'misted effect' and is very ideal for travelling. When you take the lid off the foundation, there is a pump, which can get greasy and messy but is very easy and efficient to use.

This product claims to be/have:
- Flawless coverage
- Anti Transfer
- SPF 20
- Oil Free

I agree that the coverage of the foundation did make me look flawless when I first applied it. It's light-medium coverage. But when I tried to build up the coverage on my darker patches, it was quite difficult and took time to do so.

I disagree, however, that this foundation is 'anti-transfer'. I usually get mild irritation with my face (itching, redness etc) and I found myself, especially with this foundation, touching my face quite alot which rubbed off most of the foundation around my nose and eye area.

Whether this foundation has SPF-20 or not, I don't actually know. I brought this foundation in late October, when the weather was getting considerably colder and the sun wasn't really out much.

The consistancy of the foundation was watery, a tad oily and thin. It wasn't thick but when applied to the face it's very 'wet' looking.

Overall:
I really wanted to love this foundation. I only paid £5.99 for it, and wasn't expecting it to work serious miracles. After the first day of using it, I developed 3 pea-sized spots on my forehead. I was devastated. My skin is usually clear and free from blemishes all of the time, but this made my skin dry, itchy and did give me some nasty blemishes. I really liked the dewy glow it gave me when first applied, but after a few hours it made me look tired, pale and almost grey. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by roedeer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a review for the Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Foundation with SPF 20. I get it in Natural Beige.

I've been using this foundation for a year or so now, and can't recommend it enough. I first picked it up after having good experiences with the Illuminating Touch concealer (it was cheap... it was locally available... curiosity got the better of me and it has been my HG now for 5+ years).

This is seriously good foundation. And I have tried them ALL. Chanel. Clinique. Dior. Clarins. BB. Max Factor. BE. Most break me out or I can't get a colour match, or the texture isn't right; after a while mineral powder left me ashy, but this is just brilliant.

The one con is that it is soooo cheap that every now again when I've just been paid I think "There must be something better for me out there" and I go and throw down some serious money in a beauty hall... only to be underwhelmed with the product and left nursing instaneous cystic acne breakouts. This happened last week and within two days of going back to Collection 2000, my skin is looking fantastic again.

It might not be for everyone, but I really rate these products and find them amaaaazing value.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by aqsa1

I have never written a review on here. Just enjoy reading them. But i had to write this review to tell you how fantastic this foundation was. I cannot believe this £5.99 product could be such a good, longlasting and flawless coverage foundation. My skin is combo, oily t zone. I have sorted it using aspirin and honey and various exfoliaters minus sls.

So iv been searching for my HG foundation for the past 2-3 yrs. I have tried CD nude and forever, Channel matt lumiere, Clarins firming, Nars sheer glow, GA silk, Shu umera, Lancome idole and miracle, Clinique even better, EL double and light, Bourjois healthy mix, Laura Mercier tint, BB oil free, Boots No7 matte and tint, Smashbox, Revlon colourstay and HD, Loreal and Rimmel 16hrs, Sisley (impressed) yes i bought it, Mary Kay medium coverage, La mer and i even had La Prairie Cavier put on for the day And probably a few others i havent mentioned.

Im a tad darker then Mac nc30, not my best match but other shades looked dark. I usually wear the gold beige shades. With the exception of Mary Kay which comes close to HG all the others either oxidised badly brown to orange or slipped off by 4hrs, looked like a mask or broke me out. This on the other hand stayed on from 0630 to 2100 when i washed it of with my mac cleanser and cheap facewash. I am seriously gobsmacked, even close up it looks flawless. i brought shade golden. and it blends well with my laura mercier sponge and Mac 187, no primer used. All you mua-aers that spend money like i do to look flawless, natural and yummy please try this.

Iv gone from tinted moisturisers to full on foundations, ive sat at many beauty counters and had my face made up and 9 times out of 10 have bought foundations from guilt of using the SA's time. I've come home to try the foundations for the next few days or weeks using different application methods and primers to find something wrong. My favs were as follows, DIOR (030) and Lancome (4) but they oxidise badly. Shu and GA 5.5 were flawless perfection but slipped too quickly, Nars (PUNJAB) but broke me out each time, EL but looked masky. All the others were prob bad colour matches but none of them had staying power. Im a nurse and do long hours and this is the only foundation that stayed on all shift.

Sorry review was long but i'm so passionate about this product.