September 1, 2014 | 2094 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Curel - Itch Defense Skin Balancing Moisture Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Kathy11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fantastic product! Most moisturizers smell great but don't moisturize but this unscented lotion is very effective. I don't need to reapply after a few hours, the price is great so this is a winner for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by junk02915

I would never buy this again. I purchased two bottles of the Curel Itch Defense, one for me, one for my daughter. They both smelled like dead fish as soon as we used it. The company was kind enough to send me a new bottle and this one seems ok...but I would never spend money on it again just in case I had the same problem. I've read other reviews and several others have had the same problem. I have never had a problem with any other Curel product and will continue buying them.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by jenzbugrulz

I have had hives and eczema for over a decade. This is the only lotion I use for my whole body. There is really no scent and it is soothing to my rough, itchy skin. I even use it on my face if needed!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by sexyann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried two different bottles of this lotion and they both smelled like old fish. It was so pungent that I threw out both bottles. They were completely unusable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is AMAZING as a facial moisturizer. Creamy, sinks in quickly, and has a lovely velvety texture that dries to a matte finish. Great under makeup. And, it's completely unscented.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by hiphopdance5

What a great product. I don't have eczema (that I know of) but I have suffered from extremely dry, itchy skin for quite awhile. I experience this itchiness mostly when I get out of the shower and ESPECIALLY after shaving. I have found myself literally on the floor crying because the burning and itch become so bad. I finally discovered that if I shave my legs under water while in the bathtub, it prevents some of this burning but that is also not the most ideal situation. My mom heard some good things about the Curel Itch Defense lotion and suggested I give it a try. I finally did and happened to shave my legs a few days after purchasing it; sure enough, I wasn't out of the shower long before the itch and burn came on. I grabbed my Curel, slathered it on, and what do you know? About 30 seconds later, the itch and burn had subsided and within about 5 min, I didn't feel anything bothersome. I hope this product continues to work for me because I have needed a life saver from the itch and burn that accompany extremely sensitive skin. I am praying I have found my HG lotion!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A fantastic product, and so reasonably priced. Advanced ceremide formula makes this product really effective. it relieves the itchiness of my eczema prone (lately) skin, moisturizes right through any tough layers, is non-greasy, non-shiny (I hate shiny hands), and has a mild fragrance. Have already repurchased. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by zephir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Will buy this again and again for as long as I live. I love lotions and have never used the same one twice. I've gone through Lush Dream Cream, Sympathy for the Skin, Eucerin, Keri, Vasoline, Oil of Olay body lotions and none of these even come close to Curel.

I have KP on the backs of my arms and a little on my legs, and very dry skin on my legs. I also have little patches of eczema on my elbows which flares up sporadically.

This lotion is so amazing. It gets rid of all my itchiness, dry patches and KP, leaving me with buttery soft skin. Even in the Canadian winter, if I've been using this regularly, I can sometimes skip lotion after showering because my skin is left that moisturized! No scent too, which is perfect because you can layer your perfume without worrying about the smell clashing (or just be scent free, since my workplace requires that). I just slap it on and in a minute, it's all absorbed and I don't feel like a turkey that has been basted in butter, or worry about squirting out of DH's grip if he hugs me. Wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by camidumas

Got this by chance because it was on sale, and was an instant convert. Absorbs well, leaving no greasiness, and has no fragrance. Does a terrific job on all kinds of itching. Pump stays clean; no gunky build-up. A little goes a long way and you get a big bottle, so overall it is very good value. I have been using this for about six months and am still at well above half.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this at rite aid for about $6 or a little under. My bottle is white with a grey pump and has the eczema approval stamp on the bottle. Now I've tried many drugstore and health food store lotions and usually chemical free is how I like to be. Unfortunantly I can't go without lotion my skin is too dry. Saw this on sale and it was 16.25 oz. What caught my attention was the fragrance free and the claim of rebalancing skin moisture and safe enough to use on the face. My skin is very sensitive. In fact I got a chemical burn from using olays sensitive skin face wash. I don't have eczema but do have a little case of keratosis pilaris which is basically clogged pores under the skin. I have this on the backs of my arms and 5 year old also has this on his arms and legs. This lotion really does soothe are skin. No lie! We use chagrin valley homemade soap and put this on after our shower and it works much better than any basic lotion without irritating our sensitive skin. Albas very emollient lotion we used before this didn't give us half as good results and that lotion just stank something awful. I have very dry, sensitive, acne prone skin on my face and have used this to moisturize. It worked great didn't clog pores or cause any breakouts. You can wear it under makeup and it helps keep makeup on longer. It gives an almost matte finish and doesn't take long to absorb. I have a really pesky spot of dry skin right under my nose that always burns and flakes if I can't keep it moisturized. Almost like my nose is raw from blowing too much when i have a cold. Sorry but its very painful and infuriating haha. This is the only thing that keeps it moisturized all day. I will definitly repurchase. No expensive night creams or organics oils can do for my skin what this has. I kinda wish the ingredients were better but then maybe it wouldn't work as good. I was standing in the isle debating between this lotion, Lubriderm and one other and I'm so glad I choose this. No need to keep searching my bottle is over half gone. I don't know if the claims about preventing symptoms from reoccuring are true but this does offer relief and doesn't break the bank. (I'm cheap) last night it was late and I was rushing through my shower because I had early stuff with family I was shaving with what I now know to be a dull razor and by the time I got out and into my sleep shirt (30 secs) I flopped on the bed and was howling b/c my legs werw itching sooo bad. I slathered this on waited 2 min and put another thin layer on and 5 minutes later then itching and burning was over. My boyfriend had to hold my hands to keep me from scratching myself but it worked. Try this lotion. I am very particular about what I use because I don't want to have a bad reaction or waste my money. My biggest problem is remembering how good this stuff is when I need to buy more and resist the urge to try the newesr prettiest packaged thing. We've all been there right?