November 23, 2014 | 1024 users online

Primer/ Corrector - OC Eight Professional Mattifying Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Millie43

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This gel is awesome! It doesn't last a full 8 hours but it is pretty close to that! The scent goes away after it dries and doesn't smell that bad to begin with. I have terrible oily skin and I needed to stop breaking out. My mom bought it from the dermatologist for $43 and let me try it out. After using this stuff for only a few days I stopped having daily breakouts and my skin started to clear up. On the first day I used it, we went hiking and I sweated a ton but I did not look greasy at ALL. I thought : this is amazing! So I went on Amazon and found it for $27 and ordered it. I would totally recommend this to a friend.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by maserati

I bought this product off Amazon for $25 a tube for 1.6 oz of product. I was really excited to try this product because of the positive reviews I read on Amazon. I have excessive oily skin that usually gets shiny before I even leave the house in the morning. So I can safely say that I have oily skin. I usually have to blot several times a day to look somewhat decent and presentable. I've tried tons and tons of mattifiers and oil controlling product but have yet to find anything that seemed to make a noticeable difference. This is a white gel product with a thick consistency. I tend to use more on the areas that get oily faster such as nose and chin area. This product does hold up really well for at least 6 hours for me which is pretty insane! The only down fall is that this product breaks me out. Everytime I use it, I always get a cystic breakout. sigh.... I have yet to throw this product out and still use it when I go out for special events. For everyday oil control, Im still sticking to my trusty blotting sheet until they come up with a cure for this. Please, if anyone has any suggestions, please mesg me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by licoricesparks

The most important beauty product I own. I look like a grease slick moments after washing my face on the reg, but if I apply this I get 6-8 perfectly matte hours depending on the weather (and what foundation I use on top of it) Just amazing, amazing, amazing. If you have medium large pores and are sick of looking dewy all the damn time, I was getting filmed under hot lights dancing around with sweaty hair and my face still looked like it was made out of suede with this stuff on. WELL worth the price. I do keep worrying that its slightly less effective since they changed to the new packaging although that could be paranoia, but even with the new packaging & a greasy foundation on top I get a solid 5 glow free hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 5:50:00 AM More reviews by prettypolly40

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a person with oily/acne prone skin I am always on the look out for something to mattify my skin without making my skin look dry.

I always apply a tiny amount of this product after my routine in the morning, which is after all moisturisers/sunscreens but before makeup (leaving a few minutes for it to sink in before MU application).
It dries matte on my skin without making me look dry or without any tight feeling. With or without applying my mineral foundation I find I am less oily throughout the whole day, however, I find it doesn't last the full eight hours on me but it is pretty close and nothing a quick tpuch up doesn't fix.
If you want you can also apply this product ontop of makeup.

I find this product a great primer and I am about to purchase my second tube, wouldn't be without it.

I like the packaging, a simple white (toothpaste) tube. Product is easy to get out even at the end.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes this mattifier that boasted 8 hour oil-absorbing properties would be my silver bullet. Of course, it was too good to be true. OC Eight performs as well as all the other mattifiers in my arsenal, 4 hours on a not so hot and humid day, 2 if its nasty out, but nothing near 8 hours. Its also very expensive at $39. Alas, my inner, oily werewolf still rules.