December 20, 2014 | 894 users online

Masks - Skinfood - Black Sesame Hot Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by ulfah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best mask pack from skinfood mask pack family have. I love when i applied this onto my skin, this mask gives heat sensation, and of course the result after. I gives you healthy glow with soften skin for few days ahead. Not just after ou rinse off the mask, like the rice & black sugar did

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is what the Skinfood site claims about this mask:
"This highly moisturizing heating mask provides deep cleansing to skin with the thermal effect of roasted salt and granulated sugar. Black sesame seed nutrients leave skin soft and smooth."

The product itself is a sort of grey-ish gel with black beads in it. The first thing I noticed was the smell, to me, it stinks. I have never smelled black sesame before, so I can't tell you if it's a natural scent or not.
When you apply on your skin it does get slightly warm, but it isn't barely noticeable. I don't really care (if something makes your skin hot, I guess it isn't good for it) but if you're looking for something that really will heat up, forget about this one.
The consistency also feels weird for a face mask, I'm not sure why they didn't just call it a scrub.

I'm glad I got this as a sample, it doesn't suck, but it isn't worth buying either. It does leave the skin somewhat moisturized but it certainly can't "deep cleanse" the skin, as it claims.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this mask in Korea and although I've used it all, I would not buy it again. I liked the scent of sesame, liked the exfoliating texture of the product and also the heating it creates when on the skin but was not too imressed with it. It works well to deep clean but I am one of those people that will keep looking, although I may like a product. I have nothing negative to comment about it and it's cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very good. I use this more as a cleanser than a mask. I like the texture and love the smell. I don't leave it on my skin to allow dry I just rinse away with lukewarm water. Anyway-it's fantastic, I can really feel the scrubs. My skin is very smooth and lovely afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by serenityx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first mask from Skinfood that I have tried and I was delighted by the results! Upon application, the mask warms up on my face but the heat doesn't last long which was a disappointment. The smell is quite good as well and there's no need to apply a lot since the product spreads really well. When rinsing, the little seeds acted as an excellent exfoliator and I could immediately tell how smooth my face was afterward.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by elyuu19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, this literally does nothing to my skin, except maybe heating it for a minute or two (then it starts to cool down). I haven't noticed any, not even slight improvement of my blackeads (I have them on my nose and upper cheeks). Basically this acts as a BAD scrub. Will not purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ikbenNoelia

I could not believe the bad reviews this mask has. I bought it alongside other products of Skin food and I find it great. It self warms, it smells funny at first, but it feels like really works through your pores.; When you wash it off your skin looks glowy and tight, it is incredible! Even my boyfriend asks me to borrow it cos it's so relaxing to put it on while it warms up! I love it, great stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by ericascyu

Overall a great scrub mask. It heats up as you apply and my skin is so smooth and clean afterward. I would recommend to use this product just once in one week as it really cleanse skin, which means can be drying if over-using it. I would definitely buy this again. I also love the rice mask from Skinfood. ^_^

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by aiviyuki

I bought this for my mom and she is in love with it (esp in the Winter). Everytime after she applied this mask, she would tell me how smooth her skin is. I tried it myself and I see the result immediately. Hope they will open up a SkinFood store here in NYC.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by redchinamarker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like most of the Skinfood masks in similar tubs (lemon, cucumber...) this has the consistency of pulverized jello. It doesn't smell anything like delicious amazing black sesame, which I had been anticipating so eagerly before opening this product. It heats up a little bit, slides off the face as the minutes go by, and appears to make no difference. Pass!