October 30, 2014 | 1648 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express Cat Eyes Waterproof in feline black

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by CjLuikuo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this in a mall months ago and I really eyeing the Lash Stiletto Mascara but the saleslady insisted that this one was a better buy so I bought this one instead. But I think I should've went on with my choice. Volum' Express Cat Eyes mascara isn't that bad but it's not for me. The applicator is unique because it looks like a comb but there's a problem with it. The space between the "combs" is where the formula gathers and if you will not wipe it off, it results to a hot mess as the formula is a thick one. I like the volume it gives to my lashes with some length. It's also promoted to hold curl but I never tested it because I don't curl as I already have curly lashes. The good thing is that this doesn't smudge or flake. Also, if you will apply it in a rush, expect clumpiness. The worst part is removal. Usually, facial wash is enough for me but with this one, I have to use baby oil.

Lesson learned: Do not listen to salespersons' advice, unless they're knowledgeable enough of what they're saying, not just merely to sell something. No offense meant to all salespersons here though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by pookiebiscuit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara, usually use it paired with another but I will always use this as the first coat because it could hold my curl for days! Yes it is slightly harder to remove but I find good quality wipes or cleanser does the job and with the results I get it's definitely worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by dakotac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked up this Mascara in a Boots in Thailand a few months ago. The packaging is the same as pictured, with the exception of the text being in a different style/location. The packaging is stylish and the slim lid makes it easier to grip and apply, as I normally do not like the shape of Maybelline mascaras. The brush is a double lined comb and the bristles are short. The comb is on an angle, making application on the inner corners of the eye easier. When caution is taken with application, there are no clumps on the lashes. The curl is pretty good when the product is used on its own but it would surely be stronger when used along with an eyelash curler. The price wasn't bad, I got it for about AUD $6/7 which is half the price of drugstore mascaras in Australia. I will probably find myself using this on my outer bottom lashes as I prefer to have more full on top lashes, which this product does not achieve. Overall, this mascara is perfect for a daily look, not for those who, like me, prefer a dramatic lash look.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by stella0r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holds the curl, volumizes and lengthens decently. Stays in place even with my really oily skin, but it gets clumpy! It's a bit tricky to apply, but when you get it right, it's amazing. Then removing it is another story. It takes a while both times when I have used a cleansing oil (Muji) and Maybelline eye makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by n0diggity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BEST MASCARA. Maybe it's the fact that I have sparse Asian lashes, but this is amazing. I've tried EVERYTHING, nothing does it like this mascara. The comb is amazing, the lashes comes out individually, thick and long. Depressed that they discontinued this. I've bought over 10 sticks in total. Love it. Don't hesitate to buy if they have it at where you're at!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by elicandytime

My friend purchased this for me when she went to Taiwan. Oh my god this made my lashes look huge and it was so waterproof! People constantly asked me of my lashes were real because of how long they looked! The comb brush was really unique too but I found I always had too much product on the brush and I'd have to wipe it off with a tissue or my lashes would clump together and look sticky :p I love this I hope they bring it to Canada

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by masaooo06

I absolutely love the MAYBELLINE NEWYORK products, and I became a fan of the MAYBELLINE NEWYORK products after I began to make up. I have a lot of products of MAYBELLINE NEWYORK that I use by every day. For example, eye shadow, eye liner, eye brow pencil, nose shading, lip stick, BB cream, blush on, face powder, concealer and so on. However, the mascara of MAYBELLINE NEWYORK is my favorite one and I use it all the time. Previously, I tried to buy some kinds of mascara to try out but somehow it disagreed with me.

Before I came across to the MAYBELLINE NEWYORK mascara named "Volum' Express Cat Eyes Waterproof in feline black", I used the mascara of different maker called SHISEIDO MAJOLICA MAJORCA. When I am using the mascara of MAJOLICA MAJORCA "Lash Expander Frame Plus Mascara" it was much of "feel bad" experience for me. The reason that I chose the mascara of MAJOLICA MAJORCA is because it is popular among the young people in that it does not run even if you sweat a lot. I have used this mascara for 1 year. Because I love the unique design of the bottle of it and it holds my lashes all day curl. But, in my case there was no good effect by using this and the price of it is a little bit expensive for the student like me. The information I got from the reviews I read was not exactly true. When I used it on a day I had a class of sport, it was run by sweat immediately. But, if I want it to clean up this staff it's really hard to get off. What more can I say about this? It was the worst! So I stopped using it and tried over 7 brands to find which mascara is the best one for me. Then, I changed it into the MAYBELLINE NEWYORK's mascara.

MAYBELLINE NEWYORK's mascara named "Volum' Express Cat Eyes Waterproof in feline black" has many good points that I was attracted. Firstly, here are the things that I look for mascara which would I think that suits for me. 1.Maintains a curl 2.No smudging 3.Lengthening 4.Design 5.Volume 6.Looks natural. Differently from the mascara of SHISEIDO MAJOLICA MAJORCA's "Lash Expander Frame Plus Mascara", MAYBELLINE NEWYORK's mascara is waterproof so it is not necessary to worry about if the ink will spread and tears ruin your make up. Secondly, it has a brush shape like a comb which makes my eyelashes look longer and most importantly, to separate them. For any mascara, I don't want my eyelashes clumped together, I like them separated and looking quite natural. Furthermore, this mascara giving good curl-up effect to eyelashes, having high curl-keeping effect in use and forming a beautifully finished eyelash. This mascara's tube design was also adorable so tried to buy and use it. Lastly, I love this mascara because the price of it was so attractive. It was a price to be able to buy with the pocket money of a student.

As a result of having tried various mascaras, recently I found that the mascara of MAYBELLINE NEWYORK is the best for me. I will definitely continue using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by indigonia

At first I didn't like this mascara, it clumps so bad and thick, made my lashes looked like a fat fly legs, I was not using it for a month. But a trick make me going back to this, I mix this with a bit of my Nature's Republic Aloe Gel and it works well. It don't clumps anymore and define my lashes better. Anyway, I love the wand. But yes, the waterproof is a little bit to much. Probably buy this again, but still looking that suits me well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by love_e

Love it, HG mascara. I have straight asian lashes and this is close to MUFE smokey lash, YSL faux fils. Con is that it's only available in Asia.

For all those that can't remove it - Lancome Bifacil removes this in seconds.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Daerena

Ladies, please please please DO NOT BUY this product. No matter what type of eye makeup remover I used this would NOT come off. I'm convinced that in order to get this mascara off you would have to use an industrial strength degreaser.
Yes, it looked really cute the first time I had it on. It gave me really pretty "cat eyes" with a nice curl and everything, but that was the first and only time it looked good. After that it just kept building up on my lashes and clumping up on itself whenever I tried to apply fresh mascara.
I have LOST so many EYELASHES it's ridiculous because this stuff is like GLUE. I've tossed the rest of my tube. I wish I'd never met this mascara.